End the Lockdown

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's certainly lower than we're being told.

It's obvious to anyone with at least a satisfactory IQ who has the intelligence to conduct the research on it - and even just to read the newspapers.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
For instance, last week, a Telegraph article claimed in its headline that Sweden had the ‘highest death per capita’. It was gleefully shared and retweeted. The article itself included the important qualifier ‘over the past seven days’ rather than the course of the pandemic. The headline was later changed to reflect this. Quite why it is useful to compare deaths-per-capita in a week in late May when weekly deaths across Europe are approaching pre-pandemic levels is anybody’s guess. The dubious honour of highest deaths per capita overall goes to Belgium, which had a strict lockdown which it introduced around the same time as France. To attack Belgium for its handling of the virus would invite uncomfortable questions about the effectiveness of the lockdown policy, so Sweden is attacked instead.

There was some moron on here posting the same tripe.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
There was some moron on here posting the same tripe.

Oh, oh...was it me you slobbering bigot?

I stated right from the beginning it was a 7 day average and you whimpered right from the beginning. I even told you the information supported your claims and you still went on a defensive simpering lip spittled whine.

So piss off.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh, oh...was it me you slobbering bigot?
I stated right from the beginning it was a 7 day average and you whimpered right from the beginning. I even told you the information supported your claims and you still went on a defensive simpering lip spittled whine.
So piss off.

Maybe tomorrow you'll tell us the average over the last 30 minutes instead of over the whole pandemic.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Maybe tomorrow you'll tell us the average over the last 30 minutes instead of over the whole pandemic.

Just not man enough to admit your mistake are you?

Btw, Sweden is still higher than Belgium during the last 7 day average and higher than its Nordic neighbours.

Show me on the doll where the facts touched you.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just not man enough to admit your mistake are you?
Btw, Sweden is still higher than Belgium during the last 7 day average and higher than its Nordic neighbours.
Show me on the doll where the facts touched you.

You're the quintessential type of person described in the article.

Congratulations. How does it feel to be so dumb you've got a whole Spiked article written about you?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The British Government has announced that competitive sport will return from Monday in another easing of the lockdown.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
We've only gone into lockdown because China did. We've just copied China, even though it's s hard-line totalitarian state.
Wuhan was only locked down domestically, flights to international destinations continued out of Wuhan during the lockdown so as to spread the Wuflu globally..