EnCana Skyscraper Building

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Re: EnCana Skyscraper

Calgary will never become half the city Vancouver is.

.....in what context? there are many ways you can look at...... Vancouver has a more lively downtown, ocean, mountains,warmer climate, and a very relaxing left-wing atmosphere.....almost like a mini San Francisco....

Calgary on the other hand..... larger more interesting skyline, the Stampede (for 10 days downtown becomes twice as lively as Vancouver), mountians, better roads and freeways, way more corporate head offices, a upbeat hard working right-wing atmosphere......

....also you have to take into account that Vancouver is a larger city however Calgary is growing very fast.......when I was born it was probably the size of Regina.....

both great cities tho.....

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

Tell us more about your fascination with long, hard things, Hank.

...hey Rev you seem soo preoccupied with homosexuality..... I mean you bring it up soo much......are you taking advantage of our new marrage law...and if ya are then power to ya...also here's something I know YOU will enjoy....... :3some:

:laughing3:

.......looks like Rev... Vanni Fucci and ...hmmm is that peapod in there!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

hey Rev you seem soo preoccupied with homosexuality..... I mean you bring it up soo much......are you taking advantage of our new marrage law...and if ya are then power to ya...also here's something I know YOU will enjoy.

Sorry to disappoint you, Hanky, but I'm not gay. So what if I was though? I mean, I still wouldn't date a tasteless fool like you.

You seem unsure not just of your sexuality, but your manhood, Hanky. Two completely different things, I realise, but all indications are that you lack both.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
RE: EnCana Skyscraper

If I said this was the most boring thing I have ever read, would it upset you? Woo the tallest building, wow, look at me, I have the tallest building, I'm a feckin hero...

Playing with blocks is for children innit?

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

If I said this was the most boring thing I have ever read, would it upset you? Woo the tallest building, wow, look at me, I have the tallest building, I'm a feckin hero...

Playing with blocks is for children innit?

....and yet you took the time to post your negative opinions...funny. If you don't want to discuss skyscrapers going up then don't read the thread...it's simple.

.....and I find the talk about buldings representing some kind of "phallic symbology" immature....why would a skyscraper stir those kinda feelings in your sicks minds?

......you forget the architecture and other aspects of these buldings...... the Trump building in Toronto, and the Encana Skycraper in Calgary will help serve the skyline greatly....although nowaday's the true skyscrapers are being built in Asia.

...except I heard that they are building the freedom tower in New York City right where the Twin Towers were knocked down by terrorists....and this is supposed to be the tallest building on the planet when completed. :wink:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Towering plan set for Surrey
Would be Canada's highest at 81 storeys

SURREY - Preliminary plans are underway to construct Canada's tallest highrise in Surrey -- a massive 81-storey building with residential, commercial and hotel space, Mayor Doug McCallum says.

"This will be the tallest building in Canada," McCallum told The Vancouver Sun in an exclusive interview Wednesday.

"It's 81 floors. That's four times the height of Central City, which is the tallest building [in Surrey] now."

If built, the project would be much taller than Vancouver's current tallest building, the 48-storey Wall Centre, and the skyscraper that's going to take over that title, the 60-storey Shangri-La, once it's completed in about 2008.

First Canadian Place in Toronto says on its website that it is now the country's tallest highrise, at 72 storeys. The CN Tower in Toronto remains Canada's tallest free-standing structure, stretching 1,815 feet (553 metres).

The proposed 81-storey Surrey building to be located near the King George SkyTrain station would, at about 900 feet, be four times higher than the tallest structure in Surrey right now: the 20-storey Central City office tower, attached to a shopping mall and an SFU campus, on 102 Avenue.

click above link for rest.

How do you like them apples?

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

wow....I never heard of this building before but this is pretty big....so it will be the tallest building in Canada.....

I wonder why they would build it in Surrey though which is kinda like a suburb of Vancouver.....but I guess Surrey is expected to grow larger in population than Vancouver in the near future. But ya I have to say that does seem to outdo the Encana skyscraper in Calgary although I believe Encana will be building two towers downtown.

Thanks for the link :wink:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
RE: EnCana Skyscraper

...actually the Surrey building proposal will not be the tallest building in Canada....it will have the most floors though..... the Surrey proposal would be Canada's third tallest building at 900 feet. The Bank of Montreal and Scotiabank headquarters in Toronto are both taller at 978 and 902 feet respectively....so again tallest is not determined by number of floors.....but still exciting for Surrey residents though.