Election Countdown

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
When my father came home from work, he heard Kerry had conceded, and he just shook his head and said "I wonder how many stupid things Bush can do more the coming four years". I even feel for the friends of murdered Theo van Gogh. One of them said yesterday: "This day [November 2th] is a dark day in history. Let us hope Kerry will give us one bright spot though". He didn't.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
My sister in law (who is from Florida) said all her friends who voted for Kerry want now to move to Canada to get away from Bush.

It seems to be good for the Canadian dollar though. My friend said at least now it's cheaper to go to the states. Yes, it's cheaper to go, but why would you want to?

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Do you actually think Americans are THAT stupid. Come on, I live on the other side of the ocean and even I know the only positive thing coming from (the?) Yukon is gold from Klondike (although I believe even that is not the case anymore)

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Let's now then have a look at the 2008 Republican ticket - Jeb Bush and Arnold Schwarznegger.

:arrow: It they lose that round - they'll be back!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm not sure that's a joke, Peapod. Jeb Bush is almost sure to make a run and there has been talk about removing the "born in the USA" restriction so Ahhhnold can be president if he wants.

If as many Americans move to Canada or Europe as say they are going to if Bush gets back in, we can count on the Republicans staying in power there. We can also count on their economy going completely into the toilet, but that's going to happen whether people move away or not.

I know of two Americans who had dual citizenship who gave up their American citizenship today. They just mailed their notice to the White House as a way of telling Georgie to piss off. They are now Canadians...no hyphen.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I made a prediction about the Bush twins launching an illegal war on Uzbekistan to remove Islam Karimov from power. I'd just seen pictures of the Bush regime cozying up to him that looked remarkably like the pictures of Rummy and crew being all cozy with Saddam.

I thought I was joking at the time...now I'm not so sure.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Well what the hell, they got what they wanted.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The next four years are going to be ugly. Look for the EU to move to slowly shut the US out. They'll oppose everything they can and encourage the use of the Euro by everybody they can. I doubt the Americans who voted for Bush understand what they've done.

Oh well, at least they'll have fun in church...

Re: RE: Election Countdown

Reverend Blair said:
The next four years are going to be ugly. Look for the EU to move to slowly shut the US out. They'll oppose everything they can and encourage the use of the Euro by everybody they can. I doubt the Americans who voted for Bush understand what they've done.

Oh well, at least they'll have fun in church...

I certainly they hope they can, America needs to crash and burn. All I hope is that we don't drag others down with us. I, as an American tried everything I could to remove this a-shole from power, and I'm sorry that we couldn't do it. Just when you think about the 51 million idiots who voted for this jerk, remember the 49 million people who rejected him, and what their lives are going to have to be living under a dictatorship that they never asked for.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Welcome apollo, we know that there are many americans that think as you do. At least 50 percent anyway :wink: You can always become a canadian, we have great yak milk and our igloos are all up to code. :wink:

Yea, Heh, I was in Canada for a about five days this year. Those were good days ;) . When the Flames where playing against the Lightning I was rooting for you guys. I've been playing O'Canada whenever I've been feeling too bad. I live close to Canada, and I am grateful for that. I think it's time for us to concede, you're the greatest country on earth now, you've been for some time now. Congratulations!

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Well, Apollo, it's about time our Canadian Greatness was recognized! :)

In all seriousness though, we do realize that there are a large number of people in your country that are now in the same state of panic and distress that the rest of the world is facing now that Dubya is back. Thanks for joining our little crew here to give us your insight.

Oh, and your avatar is freaking creepy!