Easter Uprising: In the end it beat the British

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
#juan said:
especially to an empty country like Canada.

Obviously you've never been here. It is far from empty, though we could drop the whole of England, from John O'Groats to Land's End, into B'C.'s north woods and probably never see it again. I won't keep you. I know you have to go lion hunting in Sherwood Forest.

lol, that's was a great paragraph to read.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Obviously you've never been here. It is far from empty, though we could drop the whole of England, from John O'Groats to Land's End, into B'C.'s north woods and probably never see it again. I won't keep you. I know you have to go lion hunting in Sherwood Forest.
Yeah, but we could drop the whole population of Canada into Britain and the population will only increase by about a half - from 61 million to 91 million.

And Canada IS empty. It's one one of the top ten emptiest countries in the world.

I prefer things being more crowded. We have 61 million people in an area the size of Oregon.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Finder said:
As for Quebec I hope they stay in Canada but they have the right to leave if they chose to. As for Scotland, well it's their choice too.

So Scotland should leave Britain but Quebec should STAY in Canada?

What are you? Some sort of Canadian imperialist that thinks Canada should rule as much land as possible?

When you also consider that the Isle of Man is also Celtic, the only part of the UK which is not celtic or celtic dominated is that of the Anglo-Saxon Britian, which are the traditional rulers of the UK.
Anglo-Saxon BRITAIN? The last time I checked, Scotland and Wales were a part of Britain, too.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
#juan said:
especially to an empty country like Canada.

Since when was John O'Groats a part of England?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: RE: Easter Uprising: In the end it beat the British

Blackleaf said:
Yeah, but we could drop the whole population of Canada into Britain and the population will only increase by about a half - from 61 million to 91 million.

And Canada IS empty. It's one one of the top ten emptiest countries in the world.

I prefer things being more crowded. We have 61 million people in an area the size of Oregon.

Yes, Canada has a little more than half the population of Great Britain but I would guess that in ten or fifteen years, we will have passed G.B. in that regard. Then there is the question of natural resources and animals that we have, and the British seem want to invent, at least according to your posts.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yes, Canada has a little more than half the population of Great Britain but I would guess that in ten or fifteen years, we will have passed G.B. in that regard.

Absolute RUBBISH. Your population is growing by around 0.88% each year. Britain's population is around twice the size of Canada's, which means Canada's population has to increase in size by around 100% to reach Britain's current population.

That means, at this rate, your population will overtake Britain's population in approximately 110 - 115 years. But that's if you keep your current rate of population growth. You never know, it might slow down.

And, bear in mind that unlike other large EU countries, such as Germany and Italy, Britain's population is also growing.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Blackleaf said:
Yes, Canada has a little more than half the population of Great Britain but I would guess that in ten or fifteen years, we will have passed G.B. in that regard.

Absolute RUBBISH. Your population is growing by around 0.88% each year. Britain's population is around twice the size of Canada's, which means Canada's population has to increase in size by around 100% to reach Britain's current population.

That means, at this rate, your population will overtake Britain's population in approximately 110 - 115 years. But that's if you keep your current rate of population growth. You never know, it might slow down.

And, bear in mind that unlike other large EU countries, such as Germany and Italy, Britain's population is also growing.

I wonder if you think so lowly of us colonalists, why do you even post here I wonder?

Anyhow if we messured greatness in population Mr Blackleaf, China and India would be the greatist nations the world has ever seen, and the UK would be a mere blemish compaired to them, by your own logic.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Finder said:
of us colonalists, why do you even post here I wonder?

Anyhow if we messured greatness in population Mr Blackleaf, China and India would be the greatist nations the world has ever seen, and the UK would be a mere blemish compaired to them, by your own logic.

Yeah, and Canada would be an even tinier blemish.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
True, true but lucky for me I do not mesure greatness by population but their achievements, past and present. Even though I think Ireland was long subjegated by the UK, I am not blind to the inovations of the British empire, and there historical greatness.

Like you I do have a mixed family, my father is a Limmy like you. So yeah I'm part Irish and British.