Drug harm prevention. Trudeau Jr. v’s Trudeau Sr; Sr., Pass. --- Jr., Fail?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Drug harm prevention. Trudeau Jr. v’s Trudeau Sr; Sr., Pass.--- Jr., Fail?
The P.E.T./LeDain Royal commission report on psychotropicdrugs insisted that legalizing Cannabis was imperative to a free country.
It also insisted that the harm reduction would be best served by legalizing all drugs so as to bring them all under the medical umbrella from the legal umbrella. All addiction was to be a medical condition and not a crime.
It is laudable that Prime Minister Trudeau had the stones to implement change but has to recognize that to reduce harm, you target the harmful drugs and not the relatively harmless ones.
It is the various other psychotropic drugs that are the problem and not Cannabis. They should be legalized and controlled more than Cannabis.
All Canadians and people should recognize that obvious logictrail as they watch out young dying in our streets.
That is that I say that P.E.T. and The LeDain Royal Commission Report on Psychotropic Drugs, --- get a pass, --- while our present Prime Minister gets a fail on this issue.
Otherwise, I like the boy and see him as maturing into a finepolitician.
Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Hemp is still the plant that would take Canada from being in the red to being in the black every year. Not so much press on that plant, your thoughts?? Hemp drinking straws, single use even.

Are you also a plant?? lol Problem/reaction/solution.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Hemp is still the plant that would take Canada from being in the red to being in the black every year. Not so much press on that plant, your thoughts?? Hemp drinking straws, single use even.

The same monetary and social benefits, including overall drug taking, are well documented.
Google to your hearts delight. I have an extensive library.

Regards
DL

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I did my grade 13 science oral using the ledain report as a main citation. I think, after Mark Twain, it was what really opened my eyes up as to how the world really works. I was very disappointed that we did not follow it's recommendations.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I did my grade 13 science oral using the ledain report as a main citation. I think, after Mark Twain, it was what really opened my eyes up as to how the world really works. I was very disappointed that we did not follow it's recommendations.

So was I and gave the reasoning in the O.P.

Our government had the right idea but only took the baby step instead of an adult's stride.

Regards
DL

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Drug harm prevention. Trudeau Jr. v’s Trudeau Sr; Sr., Pass.--- Jr., Fail?
The P.E.T./LeDain Royal commission report on psychotropicdrugs insisted that legalizing Cannabis was imperative to a free country.
It also insisted that the harm reduction would be best served by legalizing all drugs so as to bring them all under the medical umbrella from the legal umbrella. All addiction was to be a medical condition and not a crime.
It is laudable that Prime Minister Trudeau had the stones to implement change but has to recognize that to reduce harm, you target the harmful drugs and not the relatively harmless ones.
It is the various other psychotropic drugs that are the problem and not Cannabis. They should be legalized and controlled more than Cannabis.
All Canadians and people should recognize that obvious logictrail as they watch out young dying in our streets.
That is that I say that P.E.T. and The LeDain Royal Commission Report on Psychotropic Drugs, --- get a pass, --- while our present Prime Minister gets a fail on this issue.
Otherwise, I like the boy and see him as maturing into a finepolitician.
Regards
DL

I'd be open to legalizing the purchase, possession, and use of any drug under very strict regulations (i.e. in the privacy of your own home with not a whif escaping your home and without exposure to children), but make the provision of any addictive substance a capital offence.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'd be open to legalizing the purchase, possession, and use of any drug under very strict regulations (i.e. in the privacy of your own home with not a whif escaping your home and without exposure to children), but make the provision of any addictive substance a capital offence.
I would rather see all Reservations be able to run rehabs using traditional meds that help addicts kick the habits and ease the pain for those with chronic pain. That would be a music free zone as all hell breaks loose when drugs and music meet head on.
Steppenwolf - The Pusher
Jimi Hendrix - National Anthem U.S.A (Woodstock 1969)

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Some regulations would of course be required but I would not take it in the direction you favor.

These are what are classed as social drugs, used in social settings, and if you take that out of the equation, it might lead to purposeless and even worse addictions.

I favor allowing that as that is what other countries have done and I don't know if it is because taking the bad boy kick out of a now legal drug is what reduces the use.

Let those who wish to socialize and have a beer or other drug to enhance the social setting do so as there seems to be a reduction in use benefit.

Regards
DL