Dinning Alone

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
This picture is a welcome sight this morning. We are in the middle of a SNOW storm, we cannot even see the houses across the street and it is 11F. This storm is supposed to last all day, should end up with between 18 to 20 inches of snow. This is a great day for a lit fireplace and talking on CC with friends.
Thanks again you lift my spirit.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
[FONT=lucida,][SIZE=+2]K[/SIZE]HOYA -- [SIZE=+2]I[/SIZE]TS [SIZE=+2]M[/SIZE]ETHODS and [SIZE=+2]A[/SIZE]LTERNATIVES[/FONT]Khoya or mawa is a dairy product. Khoya is used in making many sweets dishes and gravy vegetables. In India there is no problem in getting khoya from the stores. It is considered as one of the important dairy products and in many houses it is very commonely used. However, outside India, people do not know what khoya is, and it is not available in the stores and so you might find it difficult in making many dishes. But then there is always an alternative for everything. So also for khoya.

rest of link: http://www.bawarchi.com/features/feature5.html

how do you make the link just say "link" but still contain a URL?

I think that was explained very well

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Baigan Bhartha

Ingredients:
Eggplant (medium size) 1
Cooked green peas 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onions 1
Finely chopped tomatoes 1
Finely chopped green chilli 1
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp.
Vegetable oil 3 tbsp.
Salt To taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing

Method:
Brush eggplant with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
Mash the flesh.
Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
Add green peas and mashed eggplant. Stir well. Fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.

Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Locations of indian restaurants[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Argentina • Australia • Austria • BahamasBelgium • Belize • Brazil • Canada • Chile
China • Colombia • Costa Rica • Cyprus • Czech Rep • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt
England • Finland • FranceGermany • Greece • Guatemala •
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hungary • Iceland • India
IndonesiaIrelandIsrael • Italy • Japan • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico
Morocco • NepalNetherlands • New Zealand • Norway • Paraguay • Peru • Philippines
Poland • Portugal • Romania • RussiaScotlandSingapore • South Africa • Spain
SwedenSwitzerland • Thailand • Turkey • Venezuela • Vietnam
[/FONT]

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I made a chicken curry last night. I was very proud of it. I made up the recipe after spending ages looking at other recipes and thinking how stupid america is for writing measurements in sticks and how bland some of the recipes were.

In the end i roasted some cumen seeds, added some oil, garlic and ginger, turmeric and some mild curry powder. then onions until they were soft, then coconut milk and yoghurt and half a tin of tomatoes i had left over in the fridge, and the meat from some chicken thighs, then let it simmer till it was cooked. I'll be eating it for a week :lol:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I made a chicken curry last night. I was very proud of it. I made up the recipe after spending ages looking at other recipes and thinking how stupid america is for writing measurements in sticks and how bland some of the recipes were.

In the end i roasted some cumen seeds, added some oil, garlic and ginger, turmeric and some mild curry powder. then onions until they were soft, then coconut milk and yoghurt and half a tin of tomatoes i had left over in the fridge, and the meat from some chicken thighs, then let it simmer till it was cooked. I'll be eating it for a week :lol:

mmmmmm sounds good! I'll pick your brain next month when I can go shopping again.

I made a nice Pantini for lunch, I used an olive herb artitian bread low fat turkey and ham, tomatoe, onion, spinack leaves, and bell peppers. drizzled EVOO and sprinkled garlic and italian herbs over it. broiled each side til brown and cut in half. I was pretty impressed if I say so myself. ;)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im going to get Kims chicken curry mozambeek (sp) recipe from her.

Tonight Ive had a nice spinach salad with a low fat balsamic vinegarette. I had left overs from Kims sloppy joe sause and Im going to put it over artisian bread. Dinner then bed. :)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I made another Pantanini for lunch. And dinners a mystery yet lol........I have some projects to start but I'll be in and out. I REALLY liked the Tat. It brings on an almost memory......not sure where from......It'll come.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
My freezer is emptying quick. Going to have to get one of those vacuum sealer thingies soon. I got some salmon fillets that are frozen solid in a block. Will need to get some buddies over to help eat the lot.

Barbecue season is coming. woo hoo

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im sure that wont be a problem with all your friends ;) Im afraid you've gone home. I wont be here tomorrow night after 8:30pm. I have that sleep study and Im hoping I dont screw it up this time. I hope you have sweet dreams. Im headed to bed soon myself. Night Doll.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Ingredients:
Eggplant (medium size)1
Cooked green peas1/2 cup
Finely chopped onions1
Finely chopped tomatoes1
Finely chopped green chilli1
Red chili powder1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric Powder1/4 tsp.
Vegetable oil3 tbsp.
Salt To taste
Chopped green coriander leavesfor garnishing

Method:
Brush eggplant with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
Mash the flesh.
Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
Add green peas and mashed eggplant. Stir well. Fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.

Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.

I'm want to try this Vinod1975, if I can't get eggplant what can I substitute with.:wave: