Dinning Alone

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Self, whenever I read the thread I get hungry as hell and I can smell your cooking. Liver and onions and mushrooms, instant mashed, and gravy, the instant mashed I could do without but I'm going to eat now, thanks.:wave:.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Made a 3 egg omlette tonight. Cheese and salsa. Nice light dinner. Im going to make a real effort to get up earlier and eat breakfast if nothing else. And before getting groceries im going to really think out my grocery list.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Grocery list? What's one of those? I gotta eat breaky everday or I am a bear all day. Started putting dried cranberries in my curried rice. uummmm yummmmy. Been using real rice more and more plus real curry paste. Using a Tandoori curry paste right now. Looked at brown rice but it takes 45 minutes to cook. I think putting raisins or cranberries in white rice should restore some of the fiber missing. Plus it's a fruit serving.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I LOVE cranrasions in my oatmeal. I cant afford them so Sis brought me a huge bag. Im a happy camper. I eat dinner.....thats it usually. I dont get up til 3pm usually so Im not hungry til 9pm or later and you see how late Im up. I hope the sleep study shows some help.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Its the time of Holi ( festival of colors) and lots of sweets in India:smilebox:

GUJHIA

Ingredients:
500 gms maida (flour)
1kg khoya
3 tbsps kismis (raisins)
200 gms almonds (cut into thin strips)
6 tbsps cooking oil. ( keep some more aside for deep frying)
200 ml water
500 gms sugar.

Method:
  • Mix the six tablespoons of oil with the maida.
  • Now add some water as required and knead into soft dough.
  • Set aside and cover with a damp cloth.
  • Fry khoya in a deep-frying pan to a light brown color.
  • Add sugar, almonds and kismis into the khoya and mix well.
  • Remove from the fire and let it cool.
  • Roll out the kneaded dough into a small and thick chapatti.
  • Fill half the chapati with the khoya mixture and seal the round, twisting the edges inwards.
  • Deep-fry these gujhias to a deep golden brown color on slow flame.
  • Take them out with a sieve type ladle and drain the oil completely.
NOTE - Makes about 40 gujhias.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
BHANG ( Hard Drink )

Ingredients:
1 1/2 litres water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. almonds
1 tbsp. watermelon seeds peeled (commercially available)
1/2 tbsp. khuskhus (poppy seeds)
1/2 tbsp. saunf (aniseed)
1/2 tsp. cardamom powder or 15 whole pods
1/2 tsp. rose water (optional)
1 tsp. peppercorns whole
1/4 cup dried or fresh rose petals (gulkand variety)

Method:
  • Soak sugar in 1/2 litre of the water used.
  • Wash clean all other dry ingredients.
  • Soak in 2 cups of remaining water.
  • Allow all soaked items to stand for at least 2 hours.
  • Grind all soaked ingredients to a very fine paste.
  • Mix remaining water to the paste.
  • Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel and press through muslin with back of hands to extract the liquid into the vessel.
  • Add milk, sugar and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
  • Chill for a hour or two before serving.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
[FONT=lucida,][SIZE=+2]K[/SIZE]HOYA -- [SIZE=+2]I[/SIZE]TS [SIZE=+2]M[/SIZE]ETHODS and [SIZE=+2]A[/SIZE]LTERNATIVES[/FONT]Khoya or mawa is a dairy product. Khoya is used in making many sweets dishes and gravy vegetables. In India there is no problem in getting khoya from the stores. It is considered as one of the important dairy products and in many houses it is very commonely used. However, outside India, people do not know what khoya is, and it is not available in the stores and so you might find it difficult in making many dishes. But then there is always an alternative for everything. So also for khoya.

rest of link

Last edited:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I just finished Leftovers and a movie. leftover white chinese rice, leftover gravy and what was left in the sourcream container lol Mix it up and its souped up rice. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I posted this in Libra's thread you should check it out :)

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/lounge/58723-recipe-swap-jelly-mousse-anyone-new-post.html

The movie was The Faery King of Ar It was a nice afternoon and a quiet setting. I know you have a short shift today and I'll see you Monday. I wanted to tell you about what my Sis did for me. We went to the thrift shop and she bought me a leather chair for 10 bucks AND a Cabinet we all helped put up, ALSO 10 bucks! I now have a real cabnet and I tossed the old particle board microwave hutch. We also got material with butterflies for the covers. Its going to be so pretty when ive done the hand stitching.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
OH and her friend taped 38 dvd's of charmed for me LOL and I had a gift card for Staples and bought pastels and water color pencils. Im going to teach myself to be artistic.