Dinning Alone

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
I did and found "guanciale". Still not quite what I had in mind. Same with vegetable shortening, no real substitutes.

I like the cookie recipe.

Choc Chip Cookies.

1/2 Marg Is that 1/2 C of marg?
1/2 C white Sugar
1/4 C brown Sugar
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 C Flour
1/4 tsp BS Is baking soda same as bicarb (Arm and Hammer stuff)?
1/2 tsp salt
1 c choc chips

Cream marg and sugar. add egg and vanilla beat. Add flour, bs, and salt. Mix well fold in choc chips. Bake 350 for 10 minutes.

Will have to look at fat content of chips. Maybe sub Fry's Cocoa for chips and make a chocolate brownie cookie. I have seen where you can sub cocoa for unsweetened chocolate. What do you think 1/2 cup of cooa mixed in will do. Might need to increase sugar or sub brown sugar for refined white maybe?

Sorry yeah it is 1/2 C marg as for the BS thing I am not too sure... I also wouldn't sub brown sugar in for white sugar. And if you put cocoa in you will have choc cookies lol. Hmm I don't know I am a bad person to ask> like i said I am not into changing recipies I like to have fun, dont care too much about fat content around the holidays and its the only time i bake. One batch doesn't make too much anyway. You can get low fat choc. Chips too. Although I suppose you could probably decrease how much white sugar you use and increase brwn sugar. But again I am not sure how they would turn out.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I am actually pretty bad though. I never use low fat things. I want to eat good things. I figure as long as you balance it well lard in pastry isn't going to kill me.

Oh btw, keep in mind that that pastry recipie makes about 8 8" pies. So it's not like it only makes one pie or something.

Its totally freezable right?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I made liver and onions and mushrooms tonight, pan gravy always comes out perfect.

Bears giving me homework with his threads on the First Nations I'm going to go knit my Indian Friends scarf for Yule :p while the threads are printing out. Lots to do, a certain friend suggested keeping busy so I am ;) I have a thread in mind to start but Ive got to think it through before I post it.......lots to think about.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I stated "Might need to increase sugar or sub brown sugar for refined white maybe?" Should have said sub white for brown. This because the cocoa might be bitter. Will try to find low fat chips. If not chocolate cookies sound yummy to me.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Think I will have shrimp tonight with my quick spicy rice. Went grocery shopping yesterday so got a fresh head of cauliflower. I should get a big steamer basket for my wok and steam my rice, shrimp and cauliflower together. Does taste of shrimp get in to other things if steamed together? Can you even do it? Do those rattan steamers for woks stack and let you steam multiple things at once?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Think I will have shrimp tonight with my quick spicy rice. Went grocery shopping yesterday so got a fresh head of cauliflower. I should get a big steamer basket for my wok and steam my rice, shrimp and cauliflower together. Does taste of shrimp get in to other things if steamed together? Can you even do it? Do those rattan steamers for woks stack and let you steam multiple things at once?

My hotplates really low tech. I treat myself to prawn chips ever so often and its almost imposible to fry at the right temp.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Sauteed up some collossal fresh water 4/6 shrimp in olive oil. Seasoned with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. They come butterflied. Start with flesh side down for 2 min. Flip over add a splash of wine to pan and cook for another 2 min. yyuummyyyyyyyyyy Steamed cauliflower and curried rice and raisins. Washed down with wine grape spritzer. Had fat free yogurt and strawberries puree for desert. The shrimp had 6 in the packet so set 3 aside for tomorrow night. Don't like to eat same thing two nights in a row.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Am thinking pork tonight. Got some marinated loin, some brown beans and simple potatoes in the nuker. Nuker does great job on anything with lots of water content that you do not want to brown. And chocolate ice cream (98% fat free) for dessert.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Well tomorrow Im doing ceremony for yule circle. I made my dietetic parfait and the cranberry relish and I picked up a chocolate maple bread. That should do it. Will keep you all in my heart for circle.

Brightest Blessings

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
When you drain the fruit on that recipe (I used 1 can each of pinapple chunks, manderin oranges, fruit coctail, peaches and pears.) Theres a great deal of juices, I added them to a bottle of plum wine (tasted really good) and I'll let it set til Yule (dec 22) For my supper by the fire.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Well I look fabulous and Ive a 2 hour drive I decided to take the relish and the wine jelly, the pudding wont make the trip to Mannassas........have a great day! Brightest Blessings!

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
ARTIST: Billy Joel
TITLE: You May Be Right
Lyrics and Chords

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again
I was only having fun
Wasn't hurting anyone
And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change

/ A - / / A - E - / Bm - / G - / E - A - /

I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane

{Refrain}
You may be right, I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light, don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right

/ E - A - / E D F#m A / E - A - / D E A - /

Remember how I found you there
Alone in your electric chair
I told you dirty jokes until you smiled
You were lonely for a man
I said take me as I am
'Cause you might enjoy some madness for awhile

Now think of all the years you tried to
Find someone to satisfy you
I might be as crazy as you say
If I'm crazy then it's true
That it's all because of you
And you wouldn't want me any other way

{Refrain twice}

You may be wrong but you may be right (6x)

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Had a couple of buddies come over for supper Saturday night. One brought filet mignon from M&M's. The other brought 2 bottles of wine. I supplied the giant prawns, S&B Herb & Garlic potatoes, Honey Garlic braised carrots, yogurt and raspberries for dessert and cooked. Was awesome. I think the giant prawns are now my most favourite thing to eat. Sautee them in a bit of olive oil and add a dash of wine halfawy. Makes a great sauce to spoon over them. Also did a 3 peppercorn sauce for the steaks. A prepackaged just add milk and heat type.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I found a great sale on shrimp and chicken breast. Luckily they we're out :) I got a raincheck and when I can I'll stock up on both. I love chicken you can cook it a million ways. As of Monday Im back on eating on schedual, skiopping meals screws up my metabilism and by may I want to loose 43 pounds. Period.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Todays a very special friends birthday. He's recently had a stroke (back in november) and my usual plans, a chat and a candle lit dinner alone seems a reason to cry so I'll light a fire instead and try a stir fry with shrimp and vegies. Rom you and him have a great deal in common, you make me laugh and you dont allow me to take myself seriously. Thats a good thing cause I can be a drama queen at all the wrong moments. Nothing from the docs yet.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
It's ok to take yourself seriously, just not too seriously. Drama queen..........hmmmmm. Maybe take some of the excess hysteronics (right word?) and join a local theater group. A good outlet for emotions. Channel them in to a role or character. Keep you busy and let you meet new people. Everyone knows actors are a bit different from other folks. A good excuse for being weird. If I worked a regular day shift might give it some thought myself. Any school play I was in I played a lead role. Doc in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves in grade 2, The Nursery Rhyme book in A Collection of Nursery Rhymes (I narrated) in grade 3. I think my English accent got me speaking roles. I played the fool in A Twelve Night in high school english class in grade 11. Got to adlib lots. Got an "A" that year. Did well as a D&D player too. There are chatrooms that are role playing orientated. You role play medieval or fantasy characters. When I had a comp at home I did that a lot when my comp got too old to play latest PC on-line game. All good outlets for vivid imaginations.