Darn those Iraqis

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Darn those Iraqis [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Laurie Stone, Online Journal Contributing Writer[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]...You must understand, good citizens, I've seen the light. It's not our ill-conceived, immoral, illegal invasion and occupation of your country causing the problems. It's you. After hearing politicians (on both sides of the aisle) and our wonderful media constantly repeating this new mantra, I now understand this war is all about your faults and shortcomings. As Condi Rice stated not so long ago, stamping her Manolo Blahniks in displeasure, "We're running out of patience." And who can blame her? After all, we came to Iraq (uninvited, but who's counting), wrote you a new set of laws, bestowed on you those whom we wish to govern your country, taken control of your natural resources, assassinated your leader, even designed you a new flag. If that's not democracy, what is?..[/FONT]

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, why do WE have to be dragged into all of their stupid problems, anyway.

Damn it, let us know when the war is over and we can come in and get our oil.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Did anyone else watch the "surge speech" the other day and damn near LOSE it when Dubya declared that Iraqis "will lose the faith of the American people" like some sort of thing you'd threaten a little kid with?? I could not shake the image of Iraqis watching that speech and their jaws all hitting the floor simultaneously, an entire country (minus the autonomous Kurdish region who needs the US to stay or Turkey is going to wipe them and their "zone" off the map I'm thinking based on what I've read) being literally STUNNED

I really have a hard time following the "Blame Iraq" logic- I think somehow it would actually make more sense to blame Bill "Quaeda" Clinton- not much more sense, but a little bit somehow .....

And even tho I find it deplorable, I am kinda eager to see how far the admin will push this particular illogic, it could be funny :D

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Americans think they have control of their government...and they don't and never have. The great myth of America is that it's the land of opportunity where anyone willing to work hard can make a decent living.... meanwhile the level of poverty and the gap between rich and poor...

America is a 'republic' pretending to be a democracy...well even that's not accurate...

America is an oligarchy of the industrialists who can compel their governments to wage undeclared war on any nation on the planet where there's a buck to be made...

What is it again that we call somone willing to sell their body to someone else for the right dollar amount....?

It's all business to America and when the body bags come home all those happy investors rub their hands in glee that the war machine of America needs more...

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Darn those Iraqis [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Laurie Stone, Online Journal Contributing Writer[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]...You must understand, good citizens, I've seen the light. It's not our ill-conceived, immoral, illegal invasion and occupation of your country causing the problems. It's you. After hearing politicians (on both sides of the aisle) and our wonderful media constantly repeating this new mantra, I now understand this war is all about your faults and shortcomings. As Condi Rice stated not so long ago, stamping her Manolo Blahniks in displeasure, "We're running out of patience." And who can blame her? After all, we came to Iraq (uninvited, but who's counting), wrote you a new set of laws, bestowed on you those whom we wish to govern your country, taken control of your natural resources, assassinated your leader, even designed you a new flag. If that's not democracy, what is?..[/FONT]

:cheers:

but if I may continue......

..."And as a prime example of a taste of our home made style constitution- based justice that you will eventually inherit, 1/your leader will be assumed guilty, 2/will not be offered a change of venue that is an expected norm for such a high profile and controvertial trial, 3/will be refused introduction of witnsesses for the defense, 4/and for the piece de resisitance his judge will have a conflict of interest."

AndyF

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Dubya declared that Iraqis "will lose the faith of the American people"

I can only guess that the American people had faith that the Iraqis would love them for the killing, and the destruction of their country....Sounds reasonable to me...What was it again that Bush studied at Harvard ?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Juan...

Dubbya was on Dr. Phil....

That means his Harvard training in laying on thick has poven well worth the price to Walker...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Does that mean his degree was a Piled Higher and Deeper?:rolleyes:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Written by Chris Floyd Saturday, 13 January 2007 Oxfam, the highly regarded UK charity, says that 70 innocent civilians – nomadic tribesmen – have been killed in air attacks by the U.S. and its Ethiopian "allies" now fighting to install their pet warlords in power in Somalia. From Reuters:

Air attacks against fugitive Islamists in south Somalia in recent days have mistakenly targeted nomadic herdsmen gathering round fires, killing 70, British-based aid agency Oxfam said on Friday.

"Under international law, there is a duty to distinguish between military and civilian targets," Oxfam added, citing its local partner organisations in Somalia for the information..

"Oxfam is receiving reports from its partner organisations in Somalia that nomadic herdsmen have been mistakenly targeted in recent bombing raids," Oxfam said in a statement released in Nairobi."According to the reports from local organisations in Afmadow district, bombs have hit vital water sources as well as large groups of nomads and their animals who had gathered round large fires at night to ward off mosquitoes. Further reports have also confirmed that bombings have claimed the lives of 70 people in the district."

Since the open warfare started in late December, some 70,000 Somalis have fled their homes, exacerbating an already dire humanitarian situation, Oxfam said.

Not that anyone gives a damn, of course. Darkies? Muslims? Nomads? Big whoop. We're supposed to worry about trash like that when Donald and Rosie are at it again? Listen, if God didn't want us to create collateral damage while we're out there doing His work in the battle against evildoers, He wouldn't have let them bombs fall on those heathenites, now would He? Honestly, some people just don't understand theology at all.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
In case you were wondering, this is a very old quote.

It is attributed to Arnaud-Armaury, the Abbot of Citeaux, and "spiritual advisor" to the Albigensian Crusade.

Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers. The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful. The brutal crusade continued on for the next twenty years. Eventually the Catholics devised a new approach for dealing with the remaining Cathari heretics in France. It was called "the Inquisition".

Is the "Inquisition" next.