Daesh

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
I notice that a lot of left-wingers use the word "Daesh" instead of Islamic State, ISIS, or ISIL. They say they do this because it supposedly insults them. I don't believe it for one second given the fact they will bend over backwards to apologize to Islam when a westerner not only insults a Muslim but when he merely utters a mild criticism of Islamic doctrine.

My theory is that regressive leftists like to use Daesh because it quells the uncomfortable feeling the have when word "Islamic" is associated with a terrorist group. Thus, in a way it's a word to be used by dhimmis who are petrified of insulting Muslims or Islam.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I notice that a lot of left-wingers use the word "Daesh" instead of Islamic State, ISIS, or ISIL. They say they do this because it supposedly insults them. I don't believe it for one second given the fact they will bend over backwards to apologize to Islam when a westerner not only insults a Muslim but when he merely utters a mild criticism of Islamic doctrine.

My theory is that regressive leftists like to use Daesh because it quells the uncomfortable feeling the have when word "Islamic" is associated with a terrorist group. Thus, in a way it's a word to be used by dhimmis who are petrified of insulting Muslims or Islam.

It's prog soft language and euphemisms. SOP.