Criminal Immigrants

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Quota system

Kurland's theory is backed up by an internal Immigration report obtained by W-FIVE that states: "…removal officers also reported that they are required to meet quotas … the number of removals … comes first, not the quality of the work they do."

W-FIVE tried to find out how many criminals are at large in Canada waiting to be deported. Immigration wouldn't tell us. And we asked for an interview with Alain Jolicoeur, president of the Canada Border Services Agency and the man in charge of deporting criminals. But he refused.

But an Immigration Department report obtained by W-FIVE offers some insight: In 2003, in Toronto alone, 1,704 criminals, ordered out of the country had yet to be deported.

And nearly 1,600 of them, many serious offenders, were free to walk the streets.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...3/WFIVE_immigration_060303/20060304?hub=WFive

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah, this is completely outrageous.

A few years ago I watched another news documentary on refugee claimants. In BC, the police had pulled a series of raids on grow ops, and arrested some 40 people, about 30 of whom were Hispanics from Honduras, Guatemala, etc. They were all refugee claimants.

Six months later the police did another set of raids and arrested a bunch of people......20 of whom were the same refugees. Judges had refused to hand them jail sentences, as that (supposedly) would have meant deportation and rejection of the refugee claim.

LUDICROUS!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps we should, in the interest of continuing to have integrity in our immigration system, while maintaining integrity in the Justice system, we should amend the Criminal Code of Canada to make it explicit that Justices are not required to consider immigration-related situations for certain charges (some would need to be omitted though, in my opinion — i.e., minor theft, speeding tickets, things like that).

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
We must ensure that immigrants are not deported solely because they are charged — it is important that we ensure that immigrants are treated just as would be any citizen of Canada, insofar as the administration of justice should be concerned. I know from experience that some people think that a charge is tantamount to a conviction — my father, for example, demands the deportation of immigrants even if they are suspected of a crime. There has been a fair bit of argument over that one. ;)

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: Criminal Immigrants

FiveParadox said:
We must ensure that immigrants are not deported solely because they are charged — it is important that we ensure that immigrants are treated just as would be any citizen of Canada, insofar as the administration of justice should be concerned. I know from experience that some people think that a charge is tantamount to a conviction — my father, for example, demands the deportation of immigrants even if they are suspected of a crime. There has been a fair bit of argument over that one. ;)

But since they aren't citizens, why should they get the rights of one. Illegal immigrats, Five, are committing a crime just by being in Canada. If they commit more crimes, and are brought to the attention of authorities, shouldn't they be deported?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I watched W5, and the guts of the story was that Criminals are not being pursued or deported but quality people are being deported so that immigration workers can meet their quota. They are going after decent Grannies and Productive immigrants because they are to plucking lazy to go after the criminals. A couple in Nova Scotia are being deported-why-Quota. They own a business and hire local people, this a couple that we want to stay in Canada. Canadian Governent agencies need a wakeup call, they are inept, belligerant and if you have ever had to deal with any they are rude, disrespectfull and lazy. To quote W5: "If they stayed at their desk later than 1 pm they might actually locate these Criminals"

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
I heard about this woman that got raped in Surrey, and it was a ghastly tale; so savage and brutal too the point that I lose my faith in humanity. For I wonder what is worse the people that do these things or the indifference of the people that maintain the system that allow these kinds of incidents to continue.

I am all for immigration, and I know a lot of people who are immigrants or 1st generation Canadians who are good, honest, and hardworking people. I also know of the trials they face when dealing with immigration, it is really a shame of Canada.

We all see these people that come along CC.net and speak harshly about their experience in Canada and there inevitable departure. Even through their exaggerations and their biases, there is a grain of truth that makes many Canadians hesitate to leap to the defence of Canada as an oasis for immigrants.

Canada is not close too perfect, and neither is its immigration system. Yet, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to see that this is the best we got.