Covid21 How are you spending your free time?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm doing sod all being on furlough - apart from staying at home doing housework, drinking beer and cooking curries. I still have no idea when I'm going back to work. I have to wait for the phonecall. It could be a month or two yet. I got a phonecall from Denise at work on Wednesday morning when I was asleep in bed. I woke up and looked at my mobile phone on the bedside cabinet as it was ringing and it said "WORK" on the screen. So I thought: "Right. I'm probably back to work on Monday." So I answered it, still half asleep. We both exchanged greetings but then she just said: "I'm just phoning to see how you're doing." This surprised me because I thought she was going to tell me I can come back to work. I said: "I'm just chilling." And she laughed. And she said: "You know what to do if you have any problems?" And I said: "If I have any problems I'll phone you." So we said goodbye and that was that. I went in the bathroom, had a piss, then went back to bed and to sleep. It's rugby weekend again this weekend so I'll be watching the games. With beer, of course. And still having Government-paid leave off work for the foreseeable future.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Get a hobby.

I consider cooking to be my new hobby. I hardly ever used to cook, but I've taken to it over the last few months. Over the last several days I've been looking up all sorts of extravagant recipes on BBC Good Food in the mornings, then going to the local supermarket to get all the ingredients in, then coming home and cooking them in the evenings. It's great fun. I'm there in the kitchen for a long time peeling things and chopping things and dicing things and frying things and cooking things and swigging my beer and making a mess. I've made so many different curries and other spicy foods over the last several days one of my kitchen cupboards is full of jars of all sorts of spices. A few days ago I did a British beef Raj curry. This evening I did aloo gobi, which is sort of a cauliflower and potato curry

Reactions: petros

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Cooking is a good hobby. Tried any baking?

I've not done any baking yet. I've been thinking over the last few days about baking a cheesecake, but I keep forgetting. I might choose one of these tomorrow to bake.

I might do the Baileys cheesecake because it's got liqueur in it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A nice Amaretto cheesecake is my go to flavour.

Can't go wrong with cheesecake.

I bought one a few months ago but I never ate it. I kept forgetting it was there and eventually it went off.

So I'm going to try and make one for the first time.

Reactions: petros

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
At least I don't have to get up for anything. I can just stay in bed for as long as I want everyday. There have been times lately where I've woken up at 8 or 9am, spent an hour or so posting on here in bed, planning on getting up, and then eventually I've thought: "Sod it. It's cold outside. Its nice and warm in this bedroom with the radiator. I'm nice and cosy. Go back to sleep." So I just go back to sleep. Once or twice I've not got up until around 3pm. It's a good way to alleviate boredom.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I figured it would take longer than 50 hours to build the sauna so now I need another project. Maybe a nice live edge river table or a live edge headboard.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Watching this live video - truly live, it's right now - of a guy walking along the north Blackpool seafront, with great views of the Irish Sea. I feel as though I'm actually there...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I got some of this cool cheese today.

This one's got port in it...

IMG_20210214_150300.jpg

And this one...

IMG_20210214_150317.jpg

Nice with beer.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I started activity investing in Stonks, first week $4500 USD

Could have a $250,000 USD payout by Feb 24th

I'm still waiting to see if I've won the competition in my codewords puzzle book.

IMG_20210215_225412.jpg

IMG_20210215_225434.jpg