Corned Beef Hash

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
ok dokie. Back to Red Flannel Hash I guess...

It looks tasty. :D So did the stuff in your first pic.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

• 2-3 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 2-3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
  • 2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
  • Salt and pepper
  • Chopped fresh parsley
1 Heat butter in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) on medium heat. Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until translucent.

2 Mix in the chopped corned beef and potatoes. Spread out evenly over the pan. Increase the heat to high or medium high and press down on the mixture with a metal spatula.
3 Do not stir the potatoes and corned beef, but let them brown. If you hear them sizzling, this is good. Use a metal spatula to peak underneath and see if they are browning. If nicely browned, use the spatula to flip sections over in the pan so that they brown on the other side. Press down again with the spatula. If there is too much sticking, you can add a little more butter to the pan. Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes and the corned beef are nicely browned.
4 Remove from heat, stir in chopped parsley. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and add salt to taste.
Serve with fried or poached eggs for breakfast.
Serves 4-6.

Sometimes adding a sweet bell pepper is yummy, too. :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
corned Beef Hash

This is a recipe I posted earlier. Corned beef hash is a meal that can be made in a few minutes with no special ingredients. This is my favorite: You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Just a quick aside. There is a search feature box on the top right of the forum page. Just type in the name of the recipe and hit search. This can be used to find a recipe that has been posted.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/juans-kitchen/87056-simple-never-fail-recipes-2.html

Last edited: