Climate Summit -Montreal

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
no1important said:
Ocean Breeze said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4476998.stm

climate summit opens in Montreal. The US remains obstructionistic..../resistive and uncooperative... :x

Thats no surprise. All they care about is profits. :evil:

indeed.......and they are simply not interested in playing nice/cooperative so that progress can be made in vital areas..

.............and then they wonder why the rest of the world resents them as it does. How does one deal with a toddler ( the me, I , mine ) mentality on the world stage??? And just like a toddler , they are the first to whine....about anything, everything..

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Climate Summit -Mont

They are selfish, greedy and only care about themselves and Halliburton, Exxon etc. They will smarten up when it is too late to do anything, but by then it will be too late. :evil: :evil:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Climate Summit -Mont

U.S. won't play ball at climate conference

A teaser:

U.S. delegate plans to resist United Nations post-Kyoto pact
Royal Society head warns of climate's `mass destruction'

MONTREAL—The United States appears determined to scuttle efforts here to agree on future measures to combat climate change.

"We're going to resist it, obviously," said Harlan Watson, head of the U.S. delegation, of a proposed agreement across nations on the issue of climate change. His comments came before the official opening of the two-week United Nations conference.

Environment Minister Stéphane Dion spent much of the first day insisting he'd try, as conference president, to get all 189 countries to agree on a plan to cut emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

The key, he said, is national targets for cuts under the Kyoto Protocol, the 1997 centrepiece of the battle against climate change. "We believe in the necessity of targets."

But Watson was adamant: "We've made it clear on a number of levels to the Canadian government — we feel very strongly that it's not appropriate; the ground is not there," he said in an interview with BBC Radio.

Pricks! :evil:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Climate Summit -Mont

no1important said:
U.S. won't play ball at climate conference

A teaser:

U.S. delegate plans to resist United Nations post-Kyoto pact
Royal Society head warns of climate's `mass destruction'

MONTREAL—The United States appears determined to scuttle efforts here to agree on future measures to combat climate change.

"We're going to resist it, obviously," said Harlan Watson, head of the U.S. delegation, of a proposed agreement across nations on the issue of climate change. His comments came before the official opening of the two-week United Nations conference.

Environment Minister Stéphane Dion spent much of the first day insisting he'd try, as conference president, to get all 189 countries to agree on a plan to cut emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

The key, he said, is national targets for cuts under the Kyoto Protocol, the 1997 centrepiece of the battle against climate change. "We believe in the necessity of targets."

But Watson was adamant: "We've made it clear on a number of levels to the Canadian government — we feel very strongly that it's not appropriate; the ground is not there," he said in an interview with BBC Radio.

Pricks! :evil:

FECKING PRICKS........!! :evil: they will undermine just about anything constructive . They......like littlel two year olds just have to have THEIR way.......or they obstruct , /play dirty as heck.

who the hell wants to deal with this kind of immaturity / antagonistic attitude when there are so many serious issues to work on.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Atta go OB, I came here with link/ copy to post this topic!
ya beat me on about 9/10 of the juicy ones... lol

the 156 countries that signed Kyoto,
the 189 signatories to the 1992 U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change

and it is being held In Canada! This looks good on us eh? I hope the next PM will get going on it. My vote goes for who looks most likely to address global warming.

But of course, the fossil fools of the USA can't be seen engaging in REDUCING emissions. I have to conclude that they are all in favour of more emissions that cause global warming!!
It would not be beyond their ego-istical framework of "global direction providing" based on religious zeal. Maybe they want to make it nice and warm for Canadians. [/url]

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
hi Karlin:
But of course, the fossil fools of the USA can't be seen engaging in REDUCING emissions. I have to conclude that they are all in favour of more emissions that cause global warming!!

yes indeedie. They like their emissions and don't care about any longer term damage. Isn't that the way with "disposable" oriented society. ???

.......and "immediate gratification" society .

Live like there is NO tomorrow. :cry: aka ignore the consequences that their childrens world will have to deal with.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
We all know GWB is a prick. And you say Tony? Britain and Germany are the only countries that have performed well meeting their goals. I would be screaming, Martin?!?!?! if I were you. You're near the bottom of the list.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
We all know GWB is a prick. And you say Tony? Britain and Germany are the only countries that have performed well meeting their goals. I would be screaming, Martin?!?!?! if I were you. You're near the bottom of the list.

sorry.......Tony was out of context ...as written. It has been corrected.

(Martin is busy trying to get re-elected.. :wink: Soon as this silly gov't gets it's act together , they might actually get some work done. ( be a nice change)

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
I think not said:

sorry.......Tony was out of context ...as written. It has been corrected.

(Martin is busy trying to get re-elected.. :wink: Soon as this silly gov't gets it's act together , they might actually get some work done. ( be a nice change)

Well he should, even the US has cut more carbon emissions than Canada has, and we didn't even sign the treaty. I remember even reading an article, I forget where, your government was concerned about hosting the summit, fearing they would get scolded for hosting and having done nothing. Heh. Politicians.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
U.S. rejects new talks on climate change

A teaser:

MONTREAL -- The United States on Wednesday rejected a Canadian bid to draw Washington into future global talks on climate change, a new round that would extend mandatory cutbacks in carbon emissions.

"It is our belief that progress cannot be made through these formalized discussions," U.S. delegation head Paula Dobriansky told reporters as a two-week U.N. climate conference, involving more than 180 nations, entered its final days.

Arctic natives, meanwhile, announced they had filed an international human-rights complaint against the United States, to try to pressure Washington to cap the "greenhouse gases" they blame for the accelerated warming that is melting their icy homelands.

Bangladesh Ambassador Rafiq Ahmed Khan, whose low-lying land faces future flooding from seas rising with global warming, spoke on behalf of the poorest nations.

"Only strong political will can show the way," he told delegates. "These impacts are felt mostly by the people who are poor and most vulnerable." [/teaser]

What a bunch of BS. America should be ashamed. It seems profits before people and environment is their policy.

I hope the Arctic Natives succeed, and the Bangladesh Ambassador is right, but know one seems to care., and will not care until it is too late. I can see the extinction of all life on this planet within 400 years, if not sooner. Thanks. :evil:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: H2O2 - alternative to fossil fuels

H2O2, Hydrogen Peroxide, is one of my favorite "non-patentable" medicines - you can use it on cuts, for your teeth, and even take it internally to kill off candida [yeast], or intravenously for cancer, AIDS,etc.

Its not used at all by mainstream medicine, and the practitioners will tell you "its hard on tissue". FRAP!!! [bs]

Why am I telling you this in a global warming thread?
- ITS ALSO A FUEL!!!
Unused, of course, in our fossil fool world.

H2O2 is cheap cheap cheap to produce at about 59cents per pound of 90% H2O2. That will take you to Calgary for $10...from anywhere. And you will emit only water, including during the processing/manufacturing {wowzers].

It was experimental rocket fuel back in the day... abandonded for petroleum of course.

Some links -

Hydrogen Peroxide Car Motor

http://tinyurl.com/avj3e

H2O2 Distillation - 59cents/lb - [!!!!] -
http://www.tecaeromex.com/ingles/destilai.html

Hydrogen Peroxide as Fuel
http://tinyurl.com/87a6e

------------------------H2O2 preach speach:

H2O2 is medicine, it is clean fuel, It is the life-affirming equation at work in the real world.
It elimninates parasites,infection, cancer[allways anerobic!!}, diseased tissues, all nature of rot. It is oxygen, the stuff of life!
It is OXYGEN [life] VS. carbon [dead] ;
It is the AEROBIC [O2] world VS. anerobic [lack of O2] world ;
It is LIGHT VS dark

Karlin

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
What an abject failure and boondoggle Kyoto has been. Despite thrashing the few honest climate scientists into silence, the fact remains Climate Change as evisioned by the 'Green House Gas' effect is a HOAX. It was developed in accordance with the theories of radical environmentalism, that sees mankind as a blight on the planet and wants to reduce it to a few enclaves, to let nature exist unfettered by human intervention. We've always had climate change, its been the one consistent in the natural history of the Earth. Humans have not been responsible for any of it. Its no surprise that these Luddites have picked the most central commodity to human existence, in terms of large scale energy production, in CARBON, to attack with their lies.

Kyoto has been a trough to swill and roll around in for the 'Trading Interests' who are bartering carbon credits. Hence you have bought and payed for shills of the World Free Trade, such as Paul Martin and Bill Clinton, ranting like scared grannies, of global climate meltdown. It shows you how far the political class has fallen in the last few decades, in terms of both integrity and intellect.

Cutting down on pollution is a good thing. Technologies will allow us to do much more of it in the future. But there is no crisis, no need for panic.. except by the FOOLISH. We will need energy, large scale energy projects, fossil fuel and nuclear, in ever higher amounts, and at higher levels of frequency, in order to maintain and grow the nation's wealth. If we fall for the nonsense of these cavemen, then all that will be compromised.

Let's get Canada out of Kyoto. It's the ONLY smart thing George Bush has done in his Presidency.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
But there is no crisis, no need for panic.. except by the FOOLISH. We will need energy, large scale energy projects, fossil fuel and nuclear, in ever higher amounts, and at higher levels of frequency, in order to maintain and grow the nation's wealth. If we fall for the nonsense of these cavemen, then all that will be compromised.

interesting ....if emphatic projection. So what do YOU recommend???

Of course "we" need energy.......that is a given. But it is up to us to explore /invent new energy forms that are less destructive.

No one is panicing...... or being foolish......and being prudent is paramount.