Class action lawsuit over, Canadians eligible for minimum $20

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Canadians can claim refund for overpriced electronics after class action suit - National | Globalnews.ca
Canadian consumers who bought electronics between April 1,1999 and June 30, 2002 are eligible to get at least $20 back following several class action lawsuits against the manufacturers of dynamic random access memory (DRAM).

Following an $80 million settlement with firms including Samsung, Hynix and Micron, the four law firms involved in the class action have started an “unprecedented” awareness campaign to hand out refunds.

The suits successfully argued that the manufacturers conspired to fix the price of the memory, thereby inflating prices on many consumer electronics.

The memory is used in most computers, printers, personal digital assistants, graphics cards, mp3 players, video game consoles and more.

All Canadians who were at least 18 and bought electronics during the time period covered by the suit are able to fill out a simple online form at themoneyismine.ca to claim $20 from the manufacturers.

No receipt is needed for the base amount, but those who can prove multiple purchases can claim more money.​

My good deed for the day, in case you all didn't know. A case of beer at least! ;)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I made many computer purchases then. I'll be fukked if I'm digging the receipts out of file boxes for a little extra but I'ma gonna get my 20 bucks.
Thanks Mr. Toni.

Oh! Mabye a case of this? Beer.