christopher peloso missing again

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Well, Bornruff I have had the displeasure of knowing a few families affected by suicide. Have buried a few friends over the years and I can attest that people do get mad at the individual who takes their own life, mostly because they are left behind to deal with the aftermath. The difference between some diseases and depression is that there is help available if you seek it out and you can recover.

I know this because I once suffered from severe depression. The reason I'm still here is because I sought help.
i'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm glad we've had the privilege of having you serve our country, transport our goods, view your artwork, etc. :) :cool:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
i'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm glad we've had the privilege of having you serve our country, transport our goods, view your artwork, etc. :) :cool:

No need to be sorry. Even though Bornruff thinks I am a big meanie who dances at funerals, I chalk up all my life experiences as part of the journey. Those days were a little tougher than most, but look at this. It's 2014 and I'm still here.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I guess as long as you continue to think that you are the only one here who has any experience with this stuff, I understand why you would feel that way.

I don't. I think that you are an idiot who will argue in circles that the sky is green and the moon made of cheese simply because that you lack the intellect to listen and absorb. I find you amusing. You remind me of this person,
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! - YouTube

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I don't. I think that you are an idiot who will argue in circles that the sky is green and the moon made of cheese simply because that you lack the intellect to listen and absorb. I find you amusing. You remind me of this person,
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! - YouTube

Haha, poor RCS gets cranky when someone treats him the way he treats others. I guess that is to be expected.

It is sad that you seem to think that I can't "listen and absorb" yet you have ignored all of my actual posts on the issue of mental health and suicide.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Haha, poor RCS gets cranky when someone treats him the way he treats others. I guess that is to be expected.

It is sad that you seem to think that I can't "listen and absorb" yet you have ignored all of my actual posts on the issue of mental health and suicide.

Cranky? Hardly. I read your questions and responded to them. You just got your back up because I questioned some of your assertions about Christopher Peloso's character. I did not even question his character, just your source of knowledge. I do think you are an idiot, or extremely immature, but don't mistake that for crankiness; if anything I find you amusing.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Cranky? Hardly. I read your questions and responded to them. You just got your back up because I questioned some of your assertions about Christopher Peloso's character. I did not even question his character, just your source of knowledge. I do think you are an idiot, or extremely immature, but don't mistake that for crankiness; if anything I find you amusing.

And I similarly asked you to prove your story and look where we are now.

When it comes to personal stories, we either trust each other or we don't. There isn't much else to it.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
And I similarly asked you to prove your story and look where we are now.

When it comes to personal stories, we either trust each other or we don't. There isn't much else to it.

Bornruff I could careless if you believe me. You asked and I provided an example. I still have no definitive proof as to the character of Christopher Peloso, you ascertain that he was a dedicated father, that he was trying to get better.

Maybe he was, but I have seen nothing to support this assertion either way. Trust has little to do with it.

I find you to be an unreliable source based on the fact that you have dodged the issue since it was first raised by Walter.

Anyhow, I gotta get up in the morning and go to work so have fun arguing with yourself.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Bornruff I could careless if you believe me. You asked and I provided an example. I still have no definitive proof as to the character of Christopher Peloso, you ascertain that he was a dedicated father, that he was trying to get better.

Maybe he was, but I have seen nothing to support this assertion either way. Trust has little to do with it.

I find you to be an unreliable source based on the fact that you have dodged the issue since it was first raised by Walter.

Anyhow, I gotta get up in the morning and go to work so have fun arguing with yourself.

So you do not see how you also have not provided any "definitive proof" of your story either?

I am not going to tell you personal information about a family in mourning just to win some stupid internet pissing contest. That would be pretty low, and I think it is pretty low for anyone else to expect someone to do it. There were some pretty offensive comments about him in this thread though, so I wanted to share a few thoughts about him. If you can't understand that, I don't know how to change your mind.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
No, the "real tragedy" (INMNSHO) is that he took the "easy" way out and deserted those he supposedly loved the most.

You must know nothing about mental illness or depression. Death is far from easy.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You must know nothing about mental illness or depression. Death is far from easy.

Death is easy. Just not reversible.
If I decide to end it, I abandon those around me and leave them to deal with the consequences of my actions. Comparably that is far easier for me than them.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Death is easy. Just not reversible.
If I decide to end it, I abandon those around me and leave them to deal with the consequences of my actions. Comparably that is far easier for me than them.

It is impossible for you to make such general comments about other people's experiences with any accuracy so it is advisable not to try.

This idea of shaming people for committing suicide just makes the problem worse. Obviously it doesn't make the situation any better for the person who died or the people around them, and for others who are struggling with suicidal thoughts, it can shame them out of telling people how they are feeling and getting help.

For someone who is already struggling so much that they are contemplating killing themselves, hearing messages that they are selfish and weak for feeling that way certainly isn't helpful.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
For someone who is already struggling so much that they are contemplating killing themselves, hearing messages that they are selfish and weak for feeling that way certainly isn't helpful.
You heard somewhere that life was easy?