christopher peloso missing again

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

I was responding to your post. Put your little conspiracy slide rule away I wasn't setting up for anything.

Conspiracy? Lol. Making useless comments in no way counts as a conspiracy. (Who exactly would you be conspiring with?)

I am pointing or that you brought up a subject, ignored my response pointing out that what you are talking about isn't the case, and just went on into your little "look what I know" speech. I run into people like you all the time at social events. Those people are a real drag.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
And you call me an idiot? You think that apparent suicide and the fact that he was a loving father and worked very hard to overcome this disease are mutually exclusive statements?

So you are a friend of Smitherman and the deceased Christopher Peloso then?
Care to qualify your statements with actual facts or should we just take your "Teddy Bear Grief" musings as a matter of record?

Dismissing these very large parts of his life as "BS" is a bit disturbing.
I'm not dismissing his life or who he was or wasn't. I'm dismissing stupid statements by people like you who attempt to gloss over the actual tragedy by making ridiculous statements that have little if anything to do with the fact that he killed himself. It reminds me of all the A-holes who mourned the death of Princess Di who cried and wanted so badly to be a part of her tragic death. Give me a break. You don't know **** about this guy.

To help prevent suicides.
God you are inept.

If we could get a larger percentage of the population to take the course we could save a lot of lives.

Really how?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
So you are a friend of Smitherman and the deceased Christopher Peloso then?
Care to qualify your statements with actual facts or should we just take your "Teddy Bear Grief" musings as a matter of record?

I'm not dismissing his life or who he was or wasn't. I'm dismissing stupid statements by people like you who attempt to gloss over the actual tragedy by making ridiculous statements that have little if anything to do with the fact that he killed himself. It reminds me of all the A-holes who mourned the death of Princess Di who cried and wanted so badly to be a part of her tragic death. Give me a break. You don't know **** about this guy.

Why on earth do you feel compelled to be sick a **** about this issue? My personal relationships are my own business and certainly not something I am going to go into to try to "win" such a ridiculous "debate" with someone like you.

The kids who have lost a father, the man who has lost his husband, the long struggle to overcome this disease coming to an end like this, that is the real tragedy.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why on earth do you feel compelled to be sick a **** about this issue? My personal relationships are my own business and certainly not something I am going to go into to try to "win" such a ridiculous "debate" with someone like you.

The kids who have lost a father, the man who has lost his husband, the long struggle to overcome this disease coming to an end like this, that is the real tragedy.

How is my identifying your stupidity being a sick **** on this issue?

Why should we take you at your word about who Peloso was without qualifying it?

If you can't answer that, then don't be surprised when you are questioned about silly statements.

I'm not arguing with you or even debating. I'm asking how you know these things.

If you don't want to answer that's fine, I'll just file it with the rest of your posts under CS.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Think of it as a defibrillator for the mind.
This is emotional first aid. Doesn't make you a doctor just able to slap a bandage on to stem the bleed until you get them to hospital.

I have taken Emergency First aid at least 20 times over the last three decades. I've been trained in trauma First Aid when I was a soldier and the one thing I learned is that until you are faced with the situation you won't know if it is going to make a difference. I don't know how effective it would be to put a bunch of people into a classroom and teach them about suicide prevention unless they actually had a vested interest. Ie: someone they cared about might be suicidal. I'm not saying that such training wouldn't be effective, I'm just saying that I don't know if it would significantly change the rate of suicide.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
How is my identifying your stupidity being a sick **** on this issue?

Why should we take you at your word about who Peloso was without qualifying it?

If you can't answer that, then don't be surprised when you are questioned about silly statements.

I'm not arguing with you or even debating. I'm asking how you know these things.

If you don't want to answer that's fine, I'll just file it with the rest of your posts under CS.

Take my word for it or do not. I really couldn't care less about the approval of the type of person you are revealing yourself to be.

You must be a real treat at funerals.

I'm not saying that such training wouldn't be effective, I'm just saying that I don't know if it would significantly change the rate of suicide.

Exactly what do you mean by effective them?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have taken Emergency First aid at least 20 times over the last three decades. I've been trained in trauma First Aid when I was a soldier and the one thing I learned is that until you are faced with the situation you won't know if it is going to make a difference. I don't know how effective it would be to put a bunch of people into a classroom and teach them about suicide prevention unless they actually had a vested interest. Ie: someone they cared about might be suicidal. I'm not saying that such training wouldn't be effective, I'm just saying that I don't know if it would significantly change the rate of suicide.
Statistically it doesn't matter when faced with someone who is suicidal. One either responds or does not. If one is trained one is more likely to respond helpfully, if one is not trained, one does the best one can. No different than coming upon an accident scene untrained. CMH says it makes a difference. I will take their word for it and err on the side of caution. I doubt there is anyone here who has not been touched by suicide in one way or another.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
No, the "real tragedy" (INMNSHO) is that he took the "easy" way out and deserted those he supposedly loved the most.

People refusing to treat this like any other disease is the reason we're have made so little progress. You don't get mad at someone for dying of a heart attack or cancer.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Take my word for it or do not. I really couldn't care less about the approval of the type of person you are revealing yourself to be.

You must be a real treat at funerals.

I reveal myself not to be a phoney like you. I do not know George Smitherman or his deceased husband. I do not know the character of either man, do not know if they were a loving couple or a haven of abuse. I do not know them therefore, I do not make statements to the character of either, unlike you. Now if you were a friend of the couple and were making a statement based on that I would be inclined to consider your suggestion, but my guess is that you just another Teddy Bear Griever standing at the edge of this red carpet wanting oh so much to offer your unsubstantiated view.

Exactly what do you mean by effective them?
Effective them? Huh? WTF are you talking about?

People refusing to treat this like any other disease is the reason we're have made so little progress. You don't get mad at someone for dying of a heart attack or cancer.

Yes you do. It's perfectly natural to be angry with someone who has left you to deal with the pain.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Effective them? Huh? WTF are you talking about?

Then, I was posting from my cell phone.

Yes you do. It's perfectly natural to be angry with someone who has left you to deal with the pain.

I would say that you are smart enough to know what I meant, but, after today, I dunno.

Do you honestly think it is normal to get mad at someone for dying from cancer?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Then, I was posting from my cell phone.

So?
I would say that you are smart enough to know what I meant, but, after today, I dunno.

Do you honestly think it is normal to get mad at someone for dying from cancer?
Oh yes, that is honestly what I think. Oh wait.. No that isn't it. Maybe? Hmmmmm. I honestly think you are completely inept.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What did I misinterpret?

Me: "You don't get mad at someone for dying of a heart attack or cancer."

You: "Yes you do."

Well, Bornruff I have had the displeasure of knowing a few families affected by suicide. Have buried a few friends over the years and I can attest that people do get mad at the individual who takes their own life, mostly because they are left behind to deal with the aftermath. The difference between some diseases and depression is that there is help available if you seek it out and you can recover.

I know this because I once suffered from severe depression. The reason I'm still here is because I sought help.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Well, Bornruff I have had the displeasure of knowing a few families affected by suicide. Have buried a few friends over the years and I can attest that people do get mad at the individual who takes their own life, mostly because they are left behind to deal with the aftermath. The difference between some diseases and depression is that there is help available if you seek it out and you can recover.

I know this because I once suffered from severe depression. The reason I'm still here is because I sought help.

This could be a teachable moment.

Unless you can prove this, you are full of ****.