Child hospitalizations are spiking. Did COVID lockdowns create 'immunity debt'?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

It's interesting and of course it's kind of intuitive - lock people up and they don't get sick, and when they get out of lockdown we'll see illness spread faster than it would have due to a lack of immunity. Which means not only will more people get sick because there's no natural herd immunity to slow the virus down, but they'll all get sick at once. Which appears to be what's happening.

I think it's something gov'ts will have to start thinking about and weighing if they ever look at lockdowns to address a pandemic again.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

It's interesting and of course it's kind of intuitive - lock people up and they don't get sick, and when they get out of lockdown we'll see illness spread faster than it would have due to a lack of immunity. Which means not only will more people get sick because there's no natural herd immunity to slow the virus down, but they'll all get sick at once. Which appears to be what's happening.

I think it's something gov'ts will have to start thinking about and weighing if they ever look at lockdowns to address a pandemic again.
I think they are purposely missing the elephant in the room . Vaccination status .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The body's immune system is like your muscles. It needs exercising. When you sit it on the couch for 1-2 years, it gets out of shape. So now everybody is catching everything and percentage wise, the ones serious enough for hospital will be up by the same amount.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The body's immune system is like your muscles. It needs exercising. When you sit it on the couch for 1-2 years, it gets out of shape. So now everybody is catching everything and percentage wise, the ones serious enough for hospital will be up by the same amount.
That's why vaccines are bad. People who don't like working out with a nice bout of smallpox or polio are lazy wimps.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Tell us how the experimental shot is the same as polio and smallpox vaccinations ? Last I saw the polio and smallpox vaccinations actually work .
Many of the same people own shares in the manufacturers. Does that count?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
That's why vaccines are bad. People who don't like working out with a nice bout of smallpox or polio are lazy wimps.
Sounds like you're confused between what a lockdown and a vaccine is. I understand, it's very complicated for many. Why don't you go to your room and think about it for a bit.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Tell us how the experimental shot is the same as polio and smallpox vaccinations ? Last I saw the polio and smallpox vaccinations actually work .
Don't fall for his shit. He's trying to turn it into a debate about 'vaccines' when the person he was responding to was talking about what happens to the immune system during lockdown. He's trying to change the channel to something he thinks he can win a discussion on. Don't feed the trolls.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The proper way to exercise your immune system is with stuff like the common cold. But if you want to jump to the biggies .... stay away from me.
More importantly we have a covid vaccination rate similar to most of the other major illnesses, yet we still had lockdowns. Which means we'd have been better off not locking people down and letting people catch it once we hit a certain immunizaiton level. And in the end that's what happened mostly because people just got fed up with it.

Reactions: Dixie Cup