Check This Out

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I know that Canadian men aren't interested in good looking women generally, but for the few who do care I thought the story of Voula Papachristou and her attitude toward immigrants might be of interest.

Greek athlete expelled from Olympics for ‘racist’ tweet | Olympics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Pretty hard to be a national representative if you don't represent your nation well.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
she can, as long as she doesn't mind being only able to watch the Olympics.

Seems strange that this issue would be a burning one for her at the time of the Olympics.........

Tis better to say nothing and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt............

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What does that tweet say about her attitude toward immigrants?

I don't see anything other than a joke (in poor taste) about disease and race. Was there something there about immigrants and thoughts on immigration?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What does that tweet say about her attitude toward immigrants?

I don't see anything other than a joke (in poor taste) about disease and race. Was there something there about immigrants and thoughts on immigration?
I didn't see much racial about her Twitter either. What if she had told a joke about Greeks and the dismal state the country is in? Or told a joke about Grecian women tending to be a bit hirsute? Would that be racial?
Bad taste, yes. Racial, not necessarily.
Stupidity abounds and is rampant.