Check out my signature! LOL..

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Check out my signatur

As soon as I saw that, I laughed. On a scale from one to awesome, it is super great.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Pretty, Semperfi, but it needs to be about a quarter the size! Thankya!

Oh ... and Sha_zapple ... sorry, but lose the links in your sig. Usually I just go in and change em myself, but since you're here, thought I'd let you do it. No advertising. If you want to do paid advertising in the main part of the site, PM me and I'll get you the info. Thankya too!

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario

it IS too big, but I saw that pic for the first time a few days ago and have laughed pretty damn hard every time I see it, thanks for another bout of giggles.. it's funny cos it's true :D

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: Check out my signatur

Cosmo said:
Pretty, Semperfi, but it needs to be about a quarter the size! Thankya!

Oh ... and Sha_zapple ... sorry, but lose the links in your sig. Usually I just go in and change em myself, but since you're here, thought I'd let you do it. No advertising. If you want to do paid advertising in the main part of the site, PM me and I'll get you the info. Thankya too!

Edited to add: Sorry folks ... you went offline without fixing these so I removed them both.

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006

well, I would of PM'd you but I cant due to my post count.

I have no problem with the removal of the links from my signature since it is a forum rule. I'm just curious as to why it was considered advertising? Neither site sold a product or has any competition with this site; they're only forums where automotive enthusiasts gather to learn more about their cars.

The only reason why I ask is because Ive noticed a general intolerance to 'other forums' links from site admins (not only this site, but quite a few others). I'd just like to get a different perspective.

Sorry to derail this thread!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: Links to Other Sites

It has been a practice of Canadian Content, in my experience, to discourage members from posting links to other sites (or forums), unless a member has the permission of the Administrators to do so; or, of course, unless a link you provide is to a direct source for the purpose of supporting one or more of your arguments in one of the politics threads.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
CanadianContent forums are intended to be used as a forum for discussion, not advertising or web promotions. It is provided free by the owner of CanadianContent. Andem (owner) doesn't even have the google adsense program in the forums, which many others forums do.

Lets not forget, search engines like Google use a complicated formula for page ranking sites. It is possible that sites with an inordinant number of unrelated links can have their rankings reduced. We might not see it as spam but search engines do. If all 6000 or so members created an off-topic personal page signature link, that could negatively effect this site. That would hardly be fair to an owner who doesn't even advertise in his own forums.

For members who demonstrate their committment to these forums, without a promotional agenda and have 500+ posts, the admins will consider requests for listing links in the advertising section. The members are asked to request approval by an admin prior to placing the information.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

I found it weird that it was too big for you guys (the pic size that is). It was fine on my screen..but i use firefox...hmm.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm sure we all saw the same size. It wasn't skewing the page but a sig image should be a lot less than 53k. More like less than 15k-ish.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

The original site, Despair.com is absolutely amazing... been using this sig (and other quotes from there)on n off for a few years in various places.

The actual quality of the prints is good as well... have had the original poster series since 99 and they still look good as new. A good buy if you really like that stuff :)