Cfl 2020

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sadly, I think the CFL is passing up a golden opportunity to expand into the South of the Border market. By delaying the 24 May pre-season start until at least the beginning of July, they are squandering the chance to get lots and lots of American eyes on, in the middle of the sports desert.

Rigid testing and playing in empty stadiums would ultimately redound to the CFL's benefit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Stop, drop, shut 'em down, open up shop
Oh, no
That's how Roughriders roll
Oh, no
That's how Roughriders roll
Look what you done started
Asked for it, you got it
Had it, should have shot it
Now you're dearly departed
Get at me, dog; did I rip shit?
With this one here, I flip shit
Niggas know when I kick shit
It's gonna be some slick shitk
What was that look for
When I walked in the door?
Oh, you thought you was raw?
Boom! Not anymore
'Cause now you on the floor
Wishin' you never saw
Me walk through that door
With that four-four
Now it's time for bed
Two more to the head
Got the floor red
Yeah, that nigga's dead
Another unsolved mystery
Is goin' down in history
Niggas ain't never did shit to me
Bitch ass niggas can't get to me
Gots to make the move
Got a point to prove
Gotta make 'em grove
Got 'em all like "ooo"
So the next time
You hear this nigga rhyme
Try to keep your mind
On gettin' pussy and prime
Talk is cheap motha****a!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Of course they did some foreign country or Liberal partisan company needs the money more than a couple Million Canadians that enjoy watching the sport

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
And this was going to be our year, damn it! Riders Rule! Now I'm going to make myself a very stiff drink.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This means that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be defending CFL champions for two years.
Good(ish) for the Bombers, I guess.

I'm angry and sad by turns at this news. You only have to look briefly at the history of the CFL to see that it's everything Canada claims to value: a great tradition going back well over a century, inclusive, popular, unifying, an economic benefit, and jam-packed with great tales of struggle and glory. It's also faster-paced and way more fun than the NFL (not to mention being far and away the oldest NAF organization). What the f*ck is the government thinking?

I would love to see the NFL step up and come across with the loan, but that ain't gonna happen either.

Small thinking. Cowardly, cautious, and just piss-poor business, as well as a betrayal of Canadian culture.

Oh, well, at least the money will go to support transgender non-White spoken-word blank verse poetry about exclusion and climate disaster playing to empty theatres and coffeehouses in TO.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Seeing many of the players on one year deals that would expire in Feb opting out. Sounds like veterans will get $6600 with their outright release. Can't see why anyone on a one year would stay for the CEWB.

CFL never did come up with much. As much as they are all Canada there has been an new emerging management sector that is sucking a lot of money from the fans and away from the players. CFL needs reform big time. It could be much better with a few small changes. None of which have anything to do with going global.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Sad news with the passing of David Braley today.

Can't think of anyone who contributed more to the survival of the league. BC was fortunate that he had their back for time he did.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sad news with the passing of David Braley today.
Can't think of anyone who contributed more to the survival of the league. BC was fortunate that he had their back for time he did.

Rest in Peace David Braley, condolences to his family ..

Here is my second cousin, passed away a while back.. but I had the good fortune of meeting him in Nova Scotia when I was a young fella.

He was an artist too.. I have some of his paintings

Don Loney

Reactions: Twin_Moose