CBC Looks at Censorship

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
http://www.thestar.com/artsentertainment/article/182215

The public broadcaster plans to air at least 15 radio programs on the topic starting tomorrow and running for a week.
"Censorship is all around us," said Susanne Reber, executive producer of the CBC News Investigations Unit, adding it's a topical discussion during a time of war and increasing clampdowns on speech.
Central to the series will be an examination of the issue of self-censorship, in which journalists or artists find themselves toning down their work because it's dangerous or not politically correct, she said.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Too bad we don't get CBC down here, I would have loved to watch this series.

I'll bet $20, most of the show will focus on American media.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

No doubt. The CBC reminds me of the bean eatin' chubby kid smiling, pointin' his sausage finger at the kid next to him at the back of the class, after the stench makes the classes eyes water.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I already send CBC a scathing e-mail a couple of months ago calling them yellow skateing journalists, I expect the problem will be fixed very soonly.:laughing7::laughing7::wave:

tanakar

Nominee Member
Feb 14, 2007
Ontario

I'll take the bet it won't. It may shock you to learn we have quite a thriving television industry up here, all Canadian too:)

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I'll take the bet it won't. It may shock you to learn we have quite a thriving television industry up here, all Canadian too:)

I'll pay the $20 with a smile if it doesn't.

I take example from "The Corporation". Ya think they would be worried about corporate corruption in Canada being a Canadian production. Ha! Fat chance.