Canadian Vs. American Conservativism

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Trudeau try’n to use this comparison as a wedge issue? Divisively? Say it isn’t so….

It's Trudeau, he's an idiot and anything's possible.

…but so is the Liberal/NDP Party…

Did you watch the video?

He said all parties are hierarchical.

…& by extension the Bloc & Greens being more hierarchical also?

I just found the video interesting considering there's usually a question about who is more "Conservative".

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's Trudeau, he's an idiot and anything's possible.
I concur with your assessment of the situation.
Did you watch the video?
Front to back.
He said all parties are hierarchical.
Yep. I didn’t know if others would invest 25+ minutes to watch the video, so I spelled it out in pictures and a few words.
I just found the video interesting considering there's usually a question about who is more "Conservative".
I only hear that question from those that don’t consider themselves conservatives. Weird.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep. I didn’t know if others would invest 25+ minutes to watch the video, so I spelled it out in pictures and a few words.

I suppose, anything that even might be thought of as critical of the Cons that's posted here is usually ignored (despite the guy in the video being conservative himself)

I only hear that question from those that don’t consider themselves conservatives. Weird.

Yeah, weird, maybe I just hear more conversations about it where I'm at.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you look at their candidates for the Big Chair, it's obvious that Canadian and American conservatives are wildly different. But calling every Conservative/Republican "Hitler" and every Liberal/Democrat "Lenin" (or your Communist bogeyman of the moment) is as old as. . . well. . . Hitler and Lenin.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If you look at their candidates for the Big Chair, it's obvious that Canadian and American conservatives are wildly different. But calling every Conservative/Republican "Hitler" and every Liberal/Democrat "Lenin" (or your Communist bogeyman of the moment) is as old as. . . well. . . Hitler and Lenin.

Both funny AND true