Canadian values test would be on liberal values

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
http://www.macleans.ca/society/canada-supports-a-values-test-but-not-the-values-of-the-far-right/

A whopping 84 per cent of respondents agreed with the statement, “New immigrants to Canada should be screened to ensure they share Canadian values.” Almost 50 per cent “strongly” agreed. That’s a higher register of strong feeling than the survey elicited in any other policy-related question.

But here’s the paradox: It turns out that the “Canadian values” revealed in our poll are dramatically at odds with the values espoused by the loudest proponents of an immigrant “values” test. In other words, Canada’s rednecks should be careful what they wish for.
Almost all of the 17 primary values questions put to poll respondents elicited enthusiasm in varying degrees for “progressive” values and ambivalence about almost everything else. If it’s “Canadian values” you want embraced by the roughly 300,000 people who emigrate to Canada every year, you’ll have to screen out almost everybody except for liberals.

-------

Do you think Kellie Leitch and her supporters would pass a Canadian values test? Would you?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Canadian values test would be on liberal values

"Do you believe that transgender teenagers should be allowed to wear makeup before they are thirteen years old?"

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
If it's written by politicians or bureaucrats, I would never be able to pass a Canadian values test without much memorization, and I'm sure memorizing the questions and answers to such a test would give me migraines.

As for trying to understand the rationale behind the questions and answers, that would drive me bat crazy, so I'd stick to memorization without really trying to understand just to save some of my sanity.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
If it's written by politicians or bureaucrats, I would never be able to pass a Canadian values test without much memorization, and I'm sure memorizing the questions and answers to such a test would give me migraines.

As for trying to understand the rationale behind the questions and answers, that would drive me bat crazy, so I'd stick to memorization without really trying to understand just to save some of my sanity.

Relax...they will be multiple choice questions
;)
Just answer "C", the odds are you will get a 60% - 70% at least.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Quebecers would boycott them anyway, even if their shared values are essentially the same.