Bulletproof Blankets For Kids! Capitalism’s Answer To Guns

OmegaOm

Electoral Member
Nov 4, 2017
This is what the most advanced society on Earth's answer for mass school shootings.
Can not stop selling more guns to people, instead sell bullet proof blankets for kids.
They come in all sizes too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvIRopFCNU[/yout*be]

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Leftists whine about kids being killed with guns. Don't give two f*cking shits about the much higher daily death toll of kids run down by drivers who are texting whilst driving.

Leftists don't really care about people being killed, they only care if the method used is something that can be politicized. Can't really politicize cars and cell phones.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop

I was a police officer for nearly ten years and I was a bastard. We all were.
This essay has been kicking around in my head for years now and I’ve never felt confident enough to write it. It’s a time in my life I’m ashamed of. It’s a time that I hurt people and, through inaction, allowed others to be hurt. It’s a time that I acted as a violent agent of capitalism and white supremacy. Under the guise of public safety, I personally ruined people’s lives but in so doing, made the public no safer… so did the family members and close friends of mine who also bore the badge alongside me.
But enough is enough.

Police officers do not protect and serve people, they protect and serve the status quo, “polite society”, and private property. Using the incremental mechanisms of the status quo will never reform the police because the status quo relies on police violence to exist. Capitalism requires a permanent underclass to exploit for cheap labor and it requires the cops to bring that underclass to heel.

More: https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Leftists whine about kids being killed with guns. Don't give two f*cking shits about the much higher daily death toll of kids run down by drivers who are texting whilst driving.
Leftists don't really care about people being killed, they only care if the method used is something that can be politicized. Can't really politicize cars and cell phones.
That would explain why laws against texting while driving are far more common in states with Democratic-controlled legislatures than states with Republican-controlled legislatures.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That would explain why laws against texting while driving are far more common in states with Democratic-controlled legislatures than states with Republican-controlled legislatures.
Oh yes, those laws sure are effective aren't they. We have all kinds of them in Canada too. Yet the daily death toll keeps on trending upwards. Slaps on the wrist aren't really very effective in controlling societal behaviour. In Canada, If I accidentally kill someone with a firearm because of gross negligence, other than the usual bad stuff that happens, I'll be prohibited from ever legally owning or using a firearm again. But hey, I can accidentally kill 4 people in one go while I'm texting and driving and at some point I'll be allowed to legally drive again. Nor will I be prohibited from owning a vehicle in the interim and after.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh yes, those laws sure are effective aren't they. We have all kinds of them in Canada too. Yet the daily death toll keeps on trending upwards. Slaps on the wrist aren't really very effective in controlling societal behaviour. In Canada, If I accidentally kill someone with a firearm because of gross negligence, other than the usual bad stuff that happens, I'll be prohibited from ever legally owning or using a firearm again. But hey, I can accidentally kill 4 people in one go while I'm texting and driving and at some point I'll be allowed to legally drive again. Nor will I be prohibited from owning a vehicle in the interim and after.
So, your thesis is that having laws with limited effectiveness means you care less than the ones that have no laws at all?

OK, thanks.