Britain Adopts Islamic Law

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Lets not forget that 'sharia law' is heavily favoured towards the men. They are using it to lessen penalties for domestic violence. It is not voluntary for the women. That is wrong. It will be used to take property rights away fom women. Sharia law and islam itself should not be allowed into modern society. OMG,yes,I say that both belong in the 7th century. Unfortunately ,our tolerant governments are allowing islamic creep into our societies,a little at a time. I think that all those who screech when minorities are dealt with unfairly,should be shrieking at the top of their lungs against this theft of human rights by a 'religion' that denies basic rights to half the population. Being tolerant does not mean you have to be tolerant of evil.

Does this make you a troofer or a sheeple?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Sharia law isn't that old Zzarchov.

The common law system has similarities to older ME systems but that isn't the same as being the same.

I think your grasping at straws.

Common Law allows the use of any dispute resolution method two parties agree on. That has not changed. Nothing has changed, no laws have been passed and Islamic principles, hell you can use Pagan Death Cult Rituals if you like, are part of Common Law the same then as they are now.

Nothing has changed. Just admit you over-reacted and moved on.

It would be undemocratic and against all values of liberty to force two people to settle civil matters in a manner that they both oppose when they have come to consensus as to how they shall solve their problems.

Two people can work things out on their own by any method they see fit. Civil Courts are only needed if they can't agree.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Lets not forget that 'sharia law' is heavily favoured towards the men. They are using it to lessen penalties for domestic violence. It is not voluntary for the women. That is wrong. It will be used to take property rights away fom women. Sharia law and islam itself should not be allowed into modern society. OMG,yes,I say that both belong in the 7th century. Unfortunately ,our tolerant governments are allowing islamic creep into our societies,a little at a time. I think that all those who screech when minorities are dealt with unfairly,should be shrieking at the top of their lungs against this theft of human rights by a 'religion' that denies basic rights to half the population. Being tolerant does not mean you have to be tolerant of evil.

Ok, lets be fair here, Christianity is just as backwards, infact more so, than Islam.

Have you ever sat down and read the bible? Are you familiar with some of its instructions on how women behave? Worse than the Koran. Are you familiar with its instructions on how to treat non-believers?

Just as people ignore large tracts of the bible as "advice for its era" so too do most Muslims ignore large tracts of the Koran.

And while I agree it does lessen the civil portion of domestic abuse, it doesn't impact the criminal aspect. And women are not forced to sue for abuse anyways. I don't agree with using either Sharia or not sueing, but it is their right to use any method they wish.