BMW Made the World’s First Electrified Wingsuit. It Reached 186 MPH on Its First Flight.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

BMW Made the World’s First Electrified Wingsuit. It Reached 186 MPH on Its First Flight.​

I know it isn't as exiting, but you should see the look on people's faces when I am out bombing around on the ice and sled trails on my electric bike.
I get 120 Km to a charge in the summer but in the winter it's more like 80 Km because you need more cowbell to power through the snow.

I could use use zip ties on the rear wheel for tire chains, but if the humidity is low I don't need to, and I am thinking about a ski rig of some kind for the front forks to get even more use out of it.

It's silent and with the 24 speeds it's good exercise, No costs for passes and insurance, and it's a year round toy too. I can cruise dry roads all over town as well. I'm thinking of getting rid of the gas snow stinker now and buying a couple of extra batts which would give me days of cruising for pennies.

It fits on the bike rack or in the pickup, and I can pick it up with one hand. Also you can cruise side by each and chat and it's not excluded from the pedestrian trails in the parks around here either. A full yearly tune up costs 40 bucks. It is really good for Ice fishing because within reason, it'll tow a toboggan too.

I really recommend these outfits, while it isn't for everyone, there certainly are some good points to the E revolution.