Best christimas cookies!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well its up to islanders and mainlanders to get this going :p Lets hear them...okay this one is unreal! I made some yesterday, and I guess the smell must have waifed over to galaniomama's house, coz lo and behold..who shows up and eats the lot!!! da mama :?

Spiced up ginger cookies
2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) ground ginger
2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cardamom and black pepper
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
2/3 cup (150 mL) vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 cup (50 mL) fancy molasses
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped candied ginger

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a medium bowl, using a fork, stir flour with ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper until combined. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat sugar with oil until combined. Beat in egg, then molasses. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in candied ginger until evenly distributed.
Form cookies into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake in centre of preheated oven until they look set, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to a rack to cool completely.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Mine is Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Follow your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, just cut out half the amount of chocolate chips it calls for and add in diced up cranberries instead and put a half cranberry on top if desired. Bake as usual. After cookies have cooled, drizzle with chocolate.

For the not so sweet cookie lover.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Best christimas cooki

Why don't you all send me some and then I will decide which is best?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
They both sound good now if you just add a pinch of the green you'll have winner on your hands .Hey Pea how is the mama anyways :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Best christimas cooki

no1important said:
Why don't you all send me some and then I will decide which is best?

I am with you on that one. We can have a Xmas cookie tasting party.... :wink:

Yum..

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
mrmom2 said:
They both sound good now if you just add a pinch of the green you'll have winner on your hands .Hey Pea how is the mama anyways :wink:

Green cookies are good, I think you make them with peanut butter, like peanut butter cookies, or maybe like a sugar cookie, only substituting flour for leaf/shake/bud. Wouldn't want them mixed in with chocolate chips & cranberries, ohhh nooo they are for after the cookies. :lol: