Bernie has a story to tell

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
I’m sure Sanders is a good man on a personal level, but he’s the last thing America needs right now. America has had too much radical politics for one generation. Whether its the radical Right or the radical Left, now Americans realize we have to return to political normalcy; moderation and centrism is the need of the day.
Americans long for the good old days of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and even George Bush. We Canadians should also learn from America’s experience in the last four years. Thankfully our mainstream parties (Liberals and Conservatives) are fairly moderate and centrist. But at times I worry about the NDP. Jagmeet Singh isn’t exactly a radical leftist himself, but there are definitely some of those elements within the party. Also Horgan’s government here in BC is terrible. They promised the BC recovery benefit for every resident of the province last month and I still haven’t received it.

So the thing about these leftist parties is they are horrible at governing. I only trust a centrist, moderate government. Politically you could say I’m a mainstream, liberal (small l), even somewhat libertarian, or maybe neoliberal. I don’t like big government, I don’t like taxes, I want more civil liberties especially religious freedom, I want more privatization. As a matter of fact I’m not opposed to the idea of Canada simply being annexed into the United States. I greatly admire the US, especially her Constitution, her Bill of Rights, and above all, American people themselves are very nice people. Although I’m Canadian, I prefer to speak with an American accent and I use American English spelling.

At the same time I’m loyal to the British crown. I am a Muslim of Pakistani descent. My maternal grandfather immigrated to Canada in the 1960s. Pakistan was created by the British as a reward for Indian Muslims enthusiastically volunteering to fight in the Second World War while the Indian nationalist movement boycotted the war effort. So the British are the indirect reason why I was born in Canada and have citizenship of a first world country that is relatively free and liberal. But if our future is to become part of the United States then so be it. I love the United States even more.