BBC blows lid off the terror myth

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
The Power of Nightmares documentary seeks to overturn much of what is widely believed about Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida. It is not an organised international network. It does not have members or a leader. It does not have "sleeper cells". It does not have an overall strategy. In fact, it barely exists at all.

During the three years in which the "war on terror" has been waged, high-profile challenges to its assumptions have been rare. The sheer number of incidents and warnings connected or attributed to the war has left little room, it seems, for heretical thoughts.

In this context, the central theme of The Power of Nightmares is riskily counter-intuitive and provocative. Much of the currently perceived threat from international terrorism, the series argues, "is a fantasy that has been exaggerated and distorted by politicians. It is a dark illusion that has spread unquestioned through governments around the world, the security services, and the international media." The series' explanation for this is even bolder: "In an age when all the grand ideas have lost credibility, fear of a phantom enemy is all the politicians have left to maintain their power."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1327904,00.html

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
A Belgian professor claimed not so long ago the European branch of Al Qaida has been reduced to practically nothing the last couple of years, and basically, Europeans don't have to worry anymore about Al Qaida in Europe. On the other hand, he has yet been the only professor to have claimed that.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: BBC blows lid off the terror myth

Rick van Opbergen said:
A Belgian professor claimed not so long ago the European branch of Al Qaida has been reduced to practically nothing the last couple of years, and basically, Europeans don't have to worry anymore about Al Qaida in Europe. On the other hand, he has yet been the only professor to have claimed that.

I'm quite sure that there is still some small pockets of Al Qaida working somewhere in Europe... but the real question I have is: What really is al Qaida? I can only imagine what their beliefs are because every source of media sends different messages.

Are they anti-American only or are they totally anti-Western?
(one has to wonder)

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
for a postscript to Madrid:

Madrid bombers had links to Spanish security service

Michel Chossudovsky, 22 June 2004: "The Spanish investigation has revealed that two individuals involved in allegedly supplying explosives to the alleged 3/11 Madrid terrorists were police informers. More specifically Rafa Zouhier, was a police informer to an elite unit of the Guardia Civil known as Unidad Central de Operaciones, UCO). The second individual, Jose Emilio Suarez Trashorras, was an inforrmer to the National Police Corps, more specifically the narcotics brigade of Aviles (Cuerpo Nacional de Policia del jefe de la Brigada de Estupefacientes de Aviles).

Deafening silence of the Western media: The few press reports (outside of Spain), while acknowledging the names of the individuals, fail to mention the links of these individuals to the Spanish police. 

The wife of Trashorras had in his possession the telephone number of the Head of Tedax, Juan Jesus Sanchez Manzano. Tedax is Spain's Civil Guard bomb squad, a very specialized division of the the Spanish police. A official of the this special unit was in fact involved in the deactivation of one of the bombs which was to be placed in the train.

In a related development, the three Moroccans accused of the 3/11 attacks were released. The latter had been arrested following the death of seven prime suspects, who allegedly "blew themselves up in a suburban flat rather than surrender."

[assassination rule #1, kill the hired assassins]

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
vista said:
for a postscript to Madrid:

Madrid bombers had links to Spanish security service

Deafening silence of the Western media: The few press reports (outside of Spain), while acknowledging the names of the individuals, fail to mention the links of these individuals to the Spanish police. 

Of course, in and of itself, this could be used as evidence that al Qaeda is more insidious, pervasive, dangerous and powerful than we thought.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Can you conclude from this it were the Spanish secret services? No. Until then, I blame Al Qaida

In Spain, the principal force of public order and security are the Civil Guard and the National Police Corps (Cuerpo Nacional de Policia). The Civil Guard, fortified by nearly a century and a half of tradition, was a highly disciplined paramilitary body with close links to the army.

Clearly as Chossudovsky comments these terrorists had contact with these Spanish intelligence personel.

Canadian University of Ottawa Professor Michel Chossudovsky writes: "The "intelligence asset" is not in direct contact with its covert sponsors. It is not necessarily cognizant of the role it plays on behalf of its intelligence sponsors.

The fundamental question is who is behind them? Through what sources are they being financed? What is the underlying network of ties?

Well documented is that, "the "intelligence asset" is not in direct contact with its covert sponsors. It is not necessarily cognizant of the role it plays on behalf of its intelligence sponsors." Michel Chossudovsky continues, "The fundamental question is who is behind them? Through what sources are they being financed? What is the underlying network of ties?"

Chossudovsky: "Covert support by the US military and intelligence apparatus has been channelled to various Islamic terrorist organisations through a complex network of intermediaries and intelligence proxies. Moreover, numerous official statements, intelligence reports confirm recent links (in the post Cold War era) between US military-intelligence units and Al Qaida operatives, as occurred in Bosnia (mid 1990s), Kosovo (1998-99) and Macedonia (2001)."

There is evidence that connects the Philippine attack, the attack in Bali and here, the Madrid train bombings to western intelligence personnel.

As well, the Turkish attacks were very convenient for British PM Blair and visiting US President Bush. So much so, the timing raises credible suspicion. The media coverage of the massive war protests were suddenly "out manoeuvred" by the coverage of the Turkish bombings. Video footage of thousands protesting the war instantly disappeared from the airwaves. The protests were suddenly irrelevant, as now the War on Terror was one step closer to Britain.

Additionally, the timing was remarkable as the blasts were almost immediately followed with a pre-scheduled media question-and-answer session with Blair and Bush. These attacks diffused any tough queries and played right into their hands.

False-flag terrorism: governments orchestrate terrorist attacks to be carried out on their own soil in order to strike fear in the population and to create a "public enemy".

German Minister of Technology (which included supervision of German intelligence - the BND), Andreas von Bülow:
"This tactic is called a “false flag operation” or a “false flag recruitment”, used by both the CIA and Mossad for purposes of propaganda. “Ninety-five percent of the work of the intelligence agencies around the world is deception and disinformation,” which is widely propagated in the mainstream media creating an accepted version of events.

Pepe Escobar details in the expose on Zarqawi, “There's no shortage of documentation, in print and online, on how US intelligence agents operating around the world since the 1950s have created and developed their own terrorist groups; their own terrorist warnings concerning these terrorist groups; and then how they applied multibillion-dollar counterterrorism tactics - including black psy-ops - to neutralize these terrorist groups they created in the first place.”

US intelligence knows where and what their intelligence assets are thinking, doing and what they are - including OBL.

When he has outlasted his usefulness - perhaps he has as Zarqawi is the new international bogyman - we will see what happens. Bear in mind the US would NOT want OBJ to talk and incriminate the Bush dynasty and/or US administration.

The Al-Qaeda terror organization was established in formation by the C.I.A in the 1980s. It was not given a name until recently when the US administration needed a ‘formal name’ for filing into the US justice system.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
As I've said before vista, when something is useful for a certain person (like the bombings in Istanbul, which took the focus of the massive anti-war demonstrations, and would have been useful for Bush), it does not mean that person is behind it. The same rhetoric has been used over and over again, even at the part of blaming the Zionists for the entire Holocaust, as the Holocaust played a very significant role in the founding of Israel in 1948.

This does not mean that I don't think the CIA has been involved in many historical events. But your post is just full of premature assumptions vista.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
These things can be difficlt to prove but if there are legitamate suspicions I'll keep an open mind to these.

Paul Joseph Watson has some interesting comments on the Turkish incident...

“The only terrorist groups out there who are not controlled by the US government are loosely affiliated zealots and their copy-cats.

The bombing in Istanbul was confirmed to have been the work of Al-Qaeda after somebody sent an E-mail to a Turkish news agency taking responsibility for the bombing on behalf of Al-Qaeda. I
could have sent that E-mail, anybody could have sent it. It's amazing how Al-Qaeda suddenly started claiming responsibility for things only after September 11.

Remember, bin Laden himself, in-between meeting CIA agents and having more kidney dialysis, refused to 'take the credit' for 9/11 in an interview with a Pakistani newspaper shortly after the event.

The mainstream media are content to accept fat lookalike videos, faked audio tapes and anonymous E-mails as proof of responsibility for these crimes. I prefer to actually look at hard evidence and motive.

Turkey's refusal to allow US troops into the country before the Iraq war delayed the bombing by weeks. They are also partly responsible for the tribal skirmishes for control which are killing US troops on a daily basis.

After the war (officially) ended Turkey continued to complain and demanded that the Mosul-Haifa oil pipeline to Israel be scrapped in favor of transporting the oil to the Turkish port of Ceyhan. The
Turks even went so far as to say that the Mosul-Haifa pipeline could threaten peaceful relations between Turkey and Israel.

Was the Istanbul bombing an Israeli warning not to interfere with its oil agenda? Was the bombing carried out by the Mossad 'Al-Qaeda' groups that Israel has been caught manufacturing in the past?

Who benefits? The motive and consequences of the Istanbul bombings strongly suggest that it was another staged terrorist attack on the part of Israeli/US government spooks in order to bury media coverage of the Bush protests and cowtow Turkey into getting back into line behind the Middle East gameplan.”

During the Q&A session after the attacks, I swear Bush had a smirk on his face when asked of the bombings :)

So who knows?

The Amercians, it would appear, are supporting the Chechen rebels as they supported the Mujahideen in Afghansitan. The FBI was involved in the 1993 WTC attacks. The Israeli’s have false-flagged Palestinian suicde bombers, was behind the Palestinian hijacking of the Italian cruse ship, "Achille Lauro" in 1985 and had even targeted George Bush Sr at the Madrid Middle East Peace Conference in 1991.

...it is a dark world and it goes on and on...

In Turkey, these suicide bombers blew up the buildings, the War on Terror played into Bush and particularly Blair’s hand (the Brits were targeted), perhaps Turkey learned a lesson and as far as the bombers go - I don't know what it was they wanted and/or acheived?

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
An open mind, yes, but who else should I believe than the mainstream media? The things you report vista - and don't feel offended - are based on even less than the average mainstream media source. I can give my own twist to things vista. For example: "It's amazing how Al-Qaeda suddenly started claiming responsibility for things only after September 11." You link that with the possibility that Al-Qaeda is not as real as the media and international governments portray the organisation as. Later on you accept that Bin Laden has said that he wasn't behind the attacks, and you doubt whether the CIA is not involved in it. Could as well be. I could make the premature conclusion that Al-Qaeda choose for a low profile the years before 9/11, so they would not be severely disturbed in planning the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon. If you want to hit the US at such scale, it would not be very useful to draw a lot of attention before the attack. That would only shift attention on Al-Qaeda, and could threaten the whole operation. Is this also a possibility?

Now, I'm sure we don't know a lot, and in my opinion, that includes the accusations you made in your post (as well as what I stated above about Al-Qaeda)

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
An open mind, yes, but who else should I believe than the mainstream media? The things you report vista - and don't feel offended - are based on even less than the average mainstream media source.

I don't blindly accept the conclusions given by Fox and CNN --former C.I.A. Director William Colby had gone on record as revealing, "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any major significance in the major media."

That said all this information is reported and documented by mainstream sources - they don't (for what ever reason - see above) connect the dots.

Chaim Kupferberg comments in his excellant chonicle, "There's Something About Omar: Truth, Lies, and The Legend of 9/11" - an historic opus of an eleborate, multi-year disinformation/covert operation, "Put simply, a surprisingly large number of "mainstream" sources have attested to aspects of what we can reasonably conjecture as a widespread covert infrastructure of control and information."

You link that with the possibility that Al-Qaeda is not as real as the media and international governments portray the organisation as.

The mainstream BBC documentary takes care of that myth.

I could make the premature conclusion that Al-Qaeda choose for a low profile the years before 9/11, so they would not be severely disturbed in planning the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon.

It is exceptionally well documented in mainstream sources that the US admininstration had clear and precise warnings of 9/11 - this was a multi-year operation in planning - the genesis being Project Bojinka. "Low profile" or not the US had been manipulating this for quite some time - see above the The Legend of 9/11.

FBI agent and lawyer and now whisleblower, Collen Rowley went so far - in the Congressional record - to accuse the FBI, including director Mueller of 'sabotage' in investigations on the hijackers.

Certain field offices had come to close to the operation.

The 1993 WTC -- "Law-enforcement officials were told that terrorists were building a bomb that was eventually used to blow up the World Trade Center, and they planned to thwart the plotters by secretly substituting harmless powder for the explosives, an informer said after the blast.

"The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomb and supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off by an F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer, Emad Salem, should be used, the informer said." Reported by the NYT.
Israel targetting Bush -- Victor Ostrovsky, a Canadian born former Mossad agent, recounts a very good example of the preparation of a false flag terrorist operation. In his book "The Other Side of Deception", Ostrovsky explains the preparations for an assassination during the Madrid, Middle East Conference in the fall of 1991:...

Ostrovsky goes on to relate in his book how he helped foil the plot by simply making it known, first of all to a congressman close to the president, and that information concerning the plot was leaked to the national press. Syndicated columnist Jack Anderson presented the whole story in his column as well as Jane Hunter, in her newsletter. Public exposure of the plot prohibited it from being carried out.

Achille Lauro -- The legendary Ari Ben-Menashe, former special intelligence advisor to Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir –in his book, "Profits of War."

"...An example is the case of the "Palestinian" attack on the cruise ship Achille Lauro in 1985. That was in fact, an Israeli "black" propaganda operation to show what a deadly, cutthroat bunch the Palestinians were. Radi passed orders on to Abu'l Abbas, who, to follow such orders, was receiving millions from Israeli intelligence officers posing as Sicilian dons. Abbas then gathered a team to attack the cruise ship. The team was told to make it bad, to show the world what lay in store for other unsuspecting citizens if Palestinian demands were not met. As the world knows, the group picked on an elderly American Jewish man [Leon Klinghoffer] in a wheelchair, killed him, and threw his body overboard. They made their point. But for Israel it was the best kind of anti-Palestinian propaganda."

This isn't fiction, it's all there to see but few care to look.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
But how come that on this side of the ocean, these theories are not reported either?

Just to pick one story: Ari Ben-Menashe seems to be a bit controversial. It is said he's involved in a plot to kill Mugabe in 2002 (for which he has been taken to trial). There are also reports that Ben-Menashe has never been a senior Israeli intelligence officer, but a translator for the IDF. It is also said that he has nothing to do with the Iran-Contra Affair. However, 90% of the sources Google gives me report that Ben-Menashe was indeed a security officer, and involved in the Iran-Contra Affair. So on the other hand, I could just be babbling now ...

What you reported are indeed good stories, and I do not see any problems in not believing them. But there's still a gap between "the American government knew about (the possibility of) 9/11" and "Al Qaida could as well not be behind the attack", not? Though I do believe the Mossad is more involved in certain operations - among them which you reported - than we all know.

And to come back about the mainstream media: 1) we cannot recieve Fox News back here (thank God); 2) we do have CNN, though the international version. When I'm talking about mainstream media, I mean the Dutch mainstream media, which is more leftish than the American media, though doesn't report about this either.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I've been thinking, and I believe I owe you an apology vista. You have proven a variety of sources who can back your claims. I'm always a bit sceptical; when people claim things which I'm not aware of, without immediately giving any sources, I tend to not believe them (although that should not be the case). That's why I do owe you an apology (although I keep relying rather on mainstream media :p , as I believe many independent sources are sometimes too extreme in bringing things, making rash conclusions etc.)

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
:arrow: The Office of Strategic Services, the CIA's predecessor, had jurisdiction over wartime covert operations and propaganda in the fight against fascism. OSS chief William Donovan recruited heavily among social and academic elites. When the CIA was launched in 1947 at the beginning of the Cold War, these pioneers felt that they had both the right and the duty to secretly manipulate the masses for the greater good.

OSS veteran Frank Wisner [his son is part of the elite community and was on the TOP 150 supoena list for the 9/11 inquiry] ran most of the early peacetime covert operations as head of the Office of Policy Coordination.

Wisner created the first "information superhighway." He called it his "Mighty Wurlitzer." - the CIA's worldwide propaganda machine.

:arrow: Propaganda and Disinformation: How the CIA Manufactures History -- Victor Marchetti, ex. CIA, author - The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence in 1974: “In the eyes of posterity it will inevitably seem that, in safeguarding our freedom, we destroyed it. The vast clandestine apparatus we built up to prove our enemies' resources and intentions only served in the end to confuse our own purposes; that practice of deceiving others for the good of the state led infallibly to our deceiving ourselves; and that vast army of clandestine personnel built up to execute these purposes were soon caught up in the web of their own sick fantasies, with disastrous consequences for them and us.

The real reason for the official secrecy, in most instances, is not to keep the opposition (the CIA's euphemistic term for the enemy) from knowing what is going on; the enemy usually does know. The basic reason for governmental secrecy is to keep you, the American public, from knowing - for you, too, are considered the opposition, or enemy - so that you cannot interfere."

Rick healthy skepticism is good. One shouldn’t just take everything at face value. One should read widely, investigate and then make their own decisions.

In general terms I guess, with a conversation style exchange I don't always bother with links or type from books/reports - one can get lazy. My apologies. I shall provide more detail. Yet, please note that I am with only my left hand and one right finger for a few weeks... this is taking me hours :)

The ultimate irony: The masses are skeptical of alternative thought - i.e. what they deem “conspiracy theory” - such as that the Iraq invasion was about oil or that 9/11 was an inside job; yet they take mainstream ABC, FOX etc at face value. The reality is it should be the other way around.

This is the credo of the defacto star of 9/11 and Peak Oil - Michael Ruppert. Here are a few snips of reports on detailed foreknowledge by the US government on 9/11 - all referenced to mainstream news sources.

September 12, 2001 (14:15) Yesterday at the headquarters of Central Intelligence Service in Langley a confidential meeting between one of the Deputy Directors of CIA and a special messenger of Russian Intelligence Service took place. According to NewsRu sources he delivered to his American colleagues some documents including audio tapes with telephone conversations directly relating to terrorist attacks on Washington and New York last Tuesday. According to these sources, Russian Intelligence agents know the organizers and executors of these terrorist attacks. More than that, Moscow warned Washington about preparation to these actions a couple of weeks before they happened.

SIGINT: For more than eighteen months Italian authorities wiretapped an al Qaeda cell in Milan. Starting in October 2000, FBI agents assisted Italian authorities in analyzing the tapes, and this resulted in a direct warning to the US from Italy that planes might be used as weapons against US targets.

SIGINT/ELINT/HUMINT: Italian authorities obtained information from wiretaps of al Qaeda cells that a possible attack was planned to kill President Bush at the G8 Summit in Genoa scheduled for July.

Additional information suggested that Egyptian intelligence had achieved HUMINT penetrations of al Qaeda cells that confirmed information from the wiretaps and surveillance. Some conversations were recorded as a result of the bugging of a Citroen automobile used by Egyptian terrorists in Italy who are
close to bin Laden. As a result the airspace around Genoa was closed and the conference was ringed with anti-aircraft weapons.

[this dispells the myth that airplanes could be used as weapons]

SIGINT: British sources disclosed that telephone conversations between Osama bin Laden and associates in Pakistan and Afghanistan in the weeks prior to 9/11 were monitored and that the attacks were generally discussed in those conversations.

Throughout the world the independent media organizations have done an outstanding job of picking up and reporting on independently published stories which the major media overlooked. One of the most outstanding examples of this was a July 16, 2002 piece posted at the web site of Portland Indy mediathat reproduced the following short article originally found at The Memory Hole.

"NPR [National Public Radio] interview on 9-11 confirmed attack was 'not entirely unexpected.'

"It's certainly one of the most disturbing and important indications that the government knew the attacks of September 11, 2001, were coming. On that morning, National Public Radio (NPR) was presenting live coverage of the attacks on its show Morning Edition. Host Bob Edwards went to a reporter in the field-David Welna, NPR's Congressional correspondent-who was in the Capitol building as it was being evacuated. Here is the crucial portion of Welna's report:

"'I spoke with Congressman Ike Skelton-a Democrat from Missouri and a member of the Armed Services Committee-who said that just recently the Director of the CIA warned that there could be an attack-an imminent attack-on the United States of this nature. So this is not entirely unexpected.'

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/040804_condi_rice.html

As well, check out the report on the PROMIS software - the program that leaves behind a trail of dead bodies.

Canadian “Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D. Scott, a Professor Emeritus at UC Berkeley and noted author - “Drugs, Oil, and War: The United States in Afghansitan, Columbia, and Indochina”. Peter, upon hearing of the details of my involvement [with PROMIS], frankly told me that Promis frightened him.”

Tyree described an actual physical point in space, further out than ever thought possible and now used by US satellites. This distance is made possible by Promis progeny so evolved that they make the
original software look primitive. The social research, which included pioneering mathematical work - apparently facilitating the creation of artificial intelligence - postulated that a similar remote hypothetical position would eliminate randomness from all human activity. Everything would be visible in terms of
measurable and predictable patterns - the ultimate big picture.

For more than a year and half, members of the National Security Section of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have been travelling through the US, often in the company of a savvy female
homicide detective from the small California town of Hercules named Sue Todd.

Even now questions linger as to what the Canadians were really after. But there is absolutely no question that while surreptitiously in the U.S. the Mounties spent more time with author and investigative reporter Cheri Seymour than with anyone else. And for good reason.

Seymour, under the pen name of Carol Marshall is the author of a meticulously researched e-book entitled The Last Circle. So meticulously researched and documented is the book that FTW's
researcher has fact checked it and found it flawless. Same with Bill Hamilton and the Mounties, who have also told me of its precision. Anyone seeking to understand the Promis story must include this book as a part of their overall research....

The essence of those documents was that, not only had the Republicans under Meese exploited the software, but that the Democrats had also seen its potential and moved years earlier. Nowhere was this connection more clearly exposed than in understanding the relationship between three classmates from
the U.S. Naval Academy: Jimmy Carter, Stansfield Turner (Carter's CIA director), and billionaire banker and Presidential kingmaker (Carter's Annapolis roommate), Arkansas' Jackson Stephens.

The Tyree diagrams laid out in detail how Promis, after improvement with AI, had allegedly been mated with the software of Jackson Stephens' firm Systematics. In the late seventies and early eighties, Systematics handled some 60-70% of all electronic banking transactions in the U.S. The goal, according to the diagrams which laid out (subsequently verified) relationships between Stephens, Worthen Bank, the Lippo Group and the drug/intelligence bank BCCI was to penetrate every banking system in the world.

This "cabal" could then use Promis both to predict and to influence the movement of financial markets worldwide.

In the fall of 1997, Bill McCoy, having recently gone off of his heart medication was found dead in his favorite chair. In the days and weeks before he had been advised by Tyree that a Pakistani hit man, on an Israeli contract had been in the states seeking to fulfill a hit on McCoy. There had been other hints that someone closer to McCoy might do the job. Tyree recently told FTW that just before his death, he had given McCoy information on "Elbit" flash memory chips, allegedly designed at Kir Yat-Gat south of Tel Aviv.

The unique feature of the Elbit chips was that they worked on ambient electricity in a computer. In other words, they worked when the computer was turned off. When combined with another newly developed chip, the "Petrie," which was capable of storing up to six months worth of key strokes, it was now possible to burst transmit all of a computer's activity in the middle of the night to a nearby receiver - say in a passing truck or even a low flying SIGINT (Signals Intelligence) satellite. According to Tyree this was the methodology used by Jonathan Pollard and the Israeli Mossad to compromise many foreign embassies in Washington.

Within 48 hours of his death Bill McCoy had been cremated and in less than four days all of Mac's furniture, records and personal belongings had been removed from his home by his son, a full Colonel in the Army. The house had been sanitized and repainted and, aside from the Zen garden in the back yard, there was no trace that McCoy had ever lived there.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/pandora/052401_promis.html

Scott is frightened the same way an acquaintance from the dark side of the intelligence community frightens me. Please refer to my comments at the end of the 1918 thread. This person knows that his/her own Intel agency monitors him/her - this is what they do to keep tabs on high value individuals in an effort to counter any espionage. The message (which I remember from by earlier times hanging out with ‘The Lone Gunmen’) which I must not forget and was told to me recently by this person, in the
strongest possible terms, was that the technology that we see and experience today is at least two decades behind what the Intel community has now available. “Think back, then think ahead.”

Rupperts reports above are only excerpts and have been updated and expanded in Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil. I recommend to everyone reading this thread to buy Rubicon.

Ralph Nader has said, “If you don’t turn on to politics, politics will turn on you.” Indeed it has.

This is the short review I posted on amazon, “The Document to Take Back Our Lives” -- “History will look back on this document as the most important of the century. This is the document that will be ‘everyman’s’ handbook to understand where we are and how we got here.

Unfortunately the results are not pleasant. The energy transition is upon us and the key at this stage is how to best manage the decline of industrial society. Rubicon outlines that ‘everyman’ must act now to ensure a peaceful transition - we cannot not leave it to the masters to solve this crisis. The establishment got us here and have demonstratively pursued an agenda of copious self-interest; we must take control of the levers.

Literally, the lives of you, your family and your friends depend on actions taken now. It is past time to get serious.”

That is an understatement. No one understands Peak Oil unless they walk around numb for two weeks - as I did (and I thought I knew the consequences - I was naive).

I know some are not interested in geopolitics or as I’ve heard so often, “I don’t want to know.” Sad because this comes from friends with children and they will have to answer to them.

Rubcion demonstrates quite clearly that the big picture is available, reported by credible mainstream news sources but it is in tiny bits and pieces of the puzzle. It is up to us to out it together.

Rick, cheers!

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! Vista

I'm quite familiar with the sources that you quoted throughout this thread.

I agree completely with the charade that you point out. As soon as Abu Ghraib hit the news, I was convinced that Mossad was behind it. The U.S. had no translators or linquists. Israel supplied them.

I noticed that as soon as Kurpinsky began getting heat and threats of being charged for her role at Abu Ghraib, she gave an interview on BBC and suggested that she saw Israeli agents in Baghdad. After that, you never heard another peep from the U.S. state department.

Netanyahu says Iraq-Israel oil line not pipe-dream
http://www.occupationwatch.org/article.php?id=91

The Bush Doctrine is Israel's Doctrine
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7021.htm

The Real Reasons Bush Went To War: Control Over Oil And Preservation Of The Dollar
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/s...1270414,00.html

Iraq And The Hidden Euro-Dollar Wars
http://www.currentconcerns.ch/archi...04/20030409.php

Oil, Dollars, Euros And Dead Iraqi's
http://www.informationclearinghouse...article1554.htm

This is why Britain entered the war. The "fraud" at Shell-BP oil was 5 times larger than Enron. Britain moved into Southern Iraq, added their oil reserves to Shell-BP books and the British economy was saved from bankruptcy.

Shell, Nigeria and Oil & Gas Reserves Revision - Sloppiness or Fraud?
http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/s...__gas_reser.htm

Watchdog probes Shell over oil reserves downgrade
http://business.scotsman.com/archive.cfm?id=471322004

The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target:
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CLA410A.html

Calm

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Yes yes yes yes yes.

Last year Clark wrote a great article on the Iraq situation - they had switched to the Euro and Uncle Sam was not pleased. They too were concerned of a domino effect. Peter Dale Scott addresses the petro-dollar and narco-dollar too in “Drugs, Oil, and War."

Iran is now the next target in respect to the petro-dollar issue. Putin has sent out a trial balloon as well.

Can the hedgemony of the US dollar continue?

Stan Goff:
Here's my point about printing money. There is one country right now that prints all the money it wants to, and everyone else in the world will accept this money for all the stuff they make, even though they know damned well it's not fair. It's the United States.

Here's the big problem. There are now so many countries holding so many US treasury bonds that the US is categorically not capable of paying them all off. That's right, boys and girls. If everyone we owe money to called in their debts, Uncle Sam would be bankrupt. So no one is going to do that, because if Uncle Sam goes bankrupt, what will happen to all those treasury notes in our central banks? The US can now borrow from as many people as it wants, and the debt turns into further security against anyone calling in the debts.

Michael Hudson, the financial historian who authored Super Imperialism - The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance, explained in a 2003 interview:

The U.S. has said it can't pay back its dollar debts and doesn't intend to. As an alternative, it has proposed "funding the US dollar overhang" into the world monetary system. Other countries would get IMF credit equal to their dollar holdings, but these holdings no longer would be US Treasury obligations. The US would wipe its debt to foreign central banks off the hook. This would mean that it would have got all the balance-of-payments deficits for the past 32 years for free, with no quid pro quo.

The US has been proposing this for 30 years whenever Europe raises the issue of payment for its dollar holdings. American diplomats have said that they won't allow central banks to use their dollars to buy US corporations, for instance. When OPEC countries proposed this after 1973, the US Treasury reportedly informed them that this would be considered an act of war.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/092004_persian_peril2.shtml

"In 1999, Iraq, with the world's second largest oil reserves, switched to trading its oil in euros. American analysts fell about laughing; Iraq had just made a mistake that was going to beggar the nation. But two years on, alarm bells were sounding; the euro was rising against the dollar, Iraq had given itself a huge economic free kick by switching.

Iran started thinking about switching too; Venezuela, the 4th largest oil producer, began looking at it and has been cutting out the dollar by bartering oil with several nations including America's bete noir, Cuba. Russia is seeking to ramp up oil production with Europe (trading in euros) an obvious market.

The greenback's grip on oil trading and consequently on world trade in general, was under serious threat. If America did not stamp on this immediately, this economic brushfire could rapidly be fanned into a wildfire capable of consuming the US's economy and its dominance of world trade."

After the US invasion of Iraq, the country's oil exports were priced in US dollars. While Mr. Heard may have overestimated the role of the euro in the war in Iraq, there is no doubt that the falling US dollar has raised concerns over whether it is prudent for oil exporting countries to price a significant portion of their GDP in a depreciating currency.

While many have argued that pricing oil in euros will lead to higher oil prices, not much attention has been given to the possibility of oil being priced in gold. While this might seem like a fringe idea to the masses, those who have an appreciation for gold's place in many Muslim oil exporting countries believe the pricing of oil in gold is inevitable.

Last year:

Sell oil for gold, Mahathir says
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) -- Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has told Saudi Arabians they should sell oil for gold, not U.S. dollars, to avoid being "short-changed" by a decline in the U.S. currency.

"The price of oil is $33, but the U.S. dollar has declined by 40 percent against the euro so you're effectively getting $20," Mahathir told an economic conference in Saudi Arabia's Red Sea city of Jeddah on Sunday. "So you're being short-changed."
Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter, has justified higher world oil prices by saying they are necessary to compensate for the slide in the U.S. currency.

Oil for gold - exciting!! :!:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hill & Knowlton's fabricated "incubator baby" story

A public relations firm on a $2m contract from the Kuwaiti government had been surreptitiously employed to make the case for war. Hill & Knowlton's coup de grace was their fabricated "incubator baby" story.

A story of how Iraqi soldiers had thrown premature babies out of incubators in the Al Adnan hospital in Kuwait city and "left them on the cold floor to die".

Hill & Knowlton's work involved coaching six witnesses to give the fake details of the attack on the premature baby unit. The story was graphically told to Congress in November 1990 - before a crucial vote - by Niyirah al Sabah who, unknown to her audience, was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the US.

In her tearful testimony, she said she had witnessed the Iraqi troops' brutality when she worked as a volunteer in the maternity ward.

But Myra Ancog-Cooke, a Filipino nurse who worked in the hospital, said that none of the staff there had ever heard of Niyirah al Sabah; they had been present in the hospital throughout the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait and the story was untrue. A staunch Catholic, Ms Ancog-Cooke explained that it was her duty and God's will that she stayed to care for the sick. She was assigned to the children's ward and took it in turns with the other Filipino nurse who stayed behind, Freida Contrais-Naig, to sleep in the incubator room with the babies.

"I remember someone called and said, 'Look at CNN, they are talking about us." We watched and it was strange seeing that girl telling them about the Iraqis taking the babies out of the incubators. I said to Freida, 'That's funny, we've never seen her. She never worked here.' We didn't think very much about it really. We were more excited seeing our hospital on the television," she says.

Later, Amnesty International, who had also been duped by the testimony, admitted it had got it wrong. Andrew Whitley of Middle East Watch described it as a fabrication, but it took months for the truth to come out. Meanwhile, President Bush mentioned the incubator babies in five speeches and seven senators referred to them in speeches backing a pro-war resolution.

Subsequently, Hill & Knowlton was unabashed that the media worldwide, the UN security council and the US Congress had been deceived by a 15-year-old girl who had been "trained" by a public relations firm. Lauri Fitz-Pegado of Hill & Knowlton, who prepared six witnesses to corroborate the incubator story to Congress, told John Macarthur, author of The Second Front, a book on censorship in the Gulf war: "Come on John, who gives a %!@$ whether there were six babies or two. I believed her."

Another Source:

"Wagging the Dog": The Great Incubator Scam of 1990
February 15, 1998
http://www.rwor.org/a/v19/940-49/944/lies.htm