baby names

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
For girls, my favorite name is Scituate.

Pronounced SIH-chu-it.

It comes from an Algonquin word ' Satuit ' meaning a small running brook. There are two towns in New England with this name.

Many cultures throughout the world have stories in which human life begins in a small brook. Thus, the name suggests that the new princess is your joy, your life, your reason for living. A beautiful thought, indeed!

SwitSof

Electoral Member
What about Sofia? :) If it's a girl.
The r sound in Igor is silent, no? So it sounds like "Igo", I guess? Know a guy with that name, Igo, who went to live in Africa and Afghanistan working for Siemens and is still doing ok last time I heard.
I was a bit worried whether he'd make it after I heard he was living in Afghanistan.

My younger sister's mid name was taken from a local news me dad read that a little girl survived some accident. Couple of years later, my sister (at that time was about 2 maybe), in short, nearly died and was revived. So the name of a child I suppose is a name that brings personal meaning to yourself.
Actually you guys wouldn't believe how my dad came up with my first name that was creatively created and isn't held by anyone but me!

Viviand

Mar 15, 2007
We don't have any children at the moment, but I like:
Boys: Liam, Payton, Xander
Girls: Alexa, Ava, and Rachel

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I like the name Liam as Liam Banks was one of my favorite lacrosse players.

And I will cherish the name Rachel for my heroine Rachel Corrie.

Alexa is one of the most popular girls names today in the Gopher state.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Carolina. I saw this name on the net today, and it stuck in my head. I think it's definitely one we should add to Herm's list.

(and yes, I know it's a bit of a dead thread, but I couldn't resist)

Carolina... what a pretty name.