Are you a nazi and don't even know it?

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
What I find hilarious is that Jesus would probably be somewhere around Gandhi, while the people who think they're his most loyal followers would find themselves near Hitler.
:lol: :p
I wonder if there is any other figure whose followers are so out-of-touch with his/her core message? :D :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Like I said I normally score very close to Friedman.

I think that if Jesus was asked to take the test he would tell that person to shove it, but the reality of it Jesus said he was the Messiah....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Are you a nazi and don't even know it?

the caracal kid said:
Assuming you believe the biblical Jesus existed..... (real evidence is completely lacking).

Not only do I believe it, so do most historians.

I hear Pastafarian believes it too!! :p :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Now with the Conservatives poised to win this election...things like "hope" and "Optimism" are just words to some people....

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
jay,

you will find that most historians who specialize in that era (not including the religious ones, but the unbiased ones) do NOT believe he existed. There is far too much evidence to suggest he did not exist, and none to suggest he did. You know, little things like he was supposedly born in a town that was non-existant at the date range prescribed to his birth, and the fact that nobody can on historical data pin down a birthdate.

Modern christianity: post 300AD is a product of the council of constinople, and more accurately described as Paulandry than Christaianity since it is based on PAUL mostly (and the other second hand accounts).

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Like most things, I'm sure we don't agree on this subject.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Knowledge is your friend, Jay.

Look deep, discover the past. The biblical Jesus, based on a real person or persons or not, is a myth because of the nature of the recorded stories that came far after the fact.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
nothing is trying to preach to accept something on hope or optimism not, is it ITN?

Revealed religions that try to pawn off their tales without any evidence on "faith" though are.

There is a difference between these two, a big difference.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
That's not what you said though, is it? You said anything based on faith should be discarded. You seem reluctant to discard optimism and hope, why is that?

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
i said:

"anything that expects you to except it on faith alone should be discarded."

as the saying goes, extraordinary claims require at least some evidence. Making grand claims and saying "take it on faith" is a cop-out.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
level of optimism/pesimism easily stems from evaluation of a situation emplying previous experiences.

hope is merely a coping mechanism where one focuses on the most desirable outcome.

Do you accept grand claims without evidence? Especially when said claims can be discredited with a study of history and the application of logic. Or do you accept flying pink invisible elephants because you were told they exist?