Another Trudeau scandal?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I was skimming the news as I was waiting for supper to cook… and I saw this picture below and I thought that was a school bus in the background….
View attachment 17006
…& I thought, a woman going out the door, and the bus in the background, how on earth is Trudeau involved?
Good because she wasn't very good at her job, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll get someone in that has common sense (wishful thinking?? Maybe).

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
1682555356192.jpeg

…& with Bill C-11, anything else is potentially disinformation or misinformation. Weird times.
The quote thing is the defeating me today
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told a group of students at the University of Ottawa that he didn’t force anyone to get vaccinated, while clearly aware that his comments would unleash a firestorm of criticism. Which they did.
A clip widely shared on Twitter shows Trudeau saying that scientists and medical experts “understood that vaccination was going to be the way through” the COVID-19 pandemic.

“And therefore, while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated, I chose to make sure that all the incentives and all of the protections were there to encourage Canadians to get vaccinated. And that’s exactly what they did.”

Trudeau added: “Now I see a lot of people nodding along with that but boy oh boy you know the comments section on the livestream now is exploding with people who are in deep, deep disagreement with everything I just said.”

Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilievre was quick to respond, posting to Twitter a clip of Trudeau saying “…and therefore while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated,” then cutting away to him speaking to cameras in October 2021, when he said: “The bottom line, proof of vaccination will be required by no later than the end of this month for all federal employees, and by mid-November, enforcement measures in place will make sure that everyone is vaccinated.”

Meanwhile, People’s Party leader Maxime Bernier took a more direct stab at Trudeau, posting an image from the talk and writing: “Trudeau says he didn’t force anyone to get vaccinated. Narcissistic psychopaths aren’t self-aware and don’t realize they lie all the time.”
In his six-minute reply, Trudeau began by pointing out that he never studied political science. “I studied English literature, so words really matter to me. And you may call me old-fashioned, but I tend to defer to the actual definitions of words when I use them.”

He went on to define disinformation as when “things that are untrue are spread by people who don’t know any better,” whereas misinformation “is a deliberate choice to spread and share falsehoods for a particular purpose, whether it’s a personal purpose or a political purpose or a creating chaos purpose. Now, what can start as misinformation can quickly end up being amplified as disinformation.” He then went into a simplified discussion of the scientific method before making his vaccination comments.

“I make a distinction, I always have, between someone choosing for personal reasons … not to get vaccinated, and someone deliberately using misinformation to mislead and scare other people with so-called facts that aren’t facts at all, that lead them to make a choice that endangers their lives and the lives of other citizens.”

The rest of the story is at the above link, but it ends with this paragraph:

Trudeau picked up the discussion again briefly after the president’s remarks when he said. “I’m just in a moment of panic right now. Did I flip the definitions of misinformation and disinformation? I think I did. I think that probably proves a point.”
————————————————————
In George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, whenever political alliances changed, the history books and even newspapers were rewritten to imply that this new alliance was how things had always been. All of the books and papers reflecting the correct version were burned so no one really knew what the truth was.

Recently, government authorities who shut down the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic, and all but forced people to get vaccinated, are taking a leaf from Orwell’s masterpiece. On April 24, at an Ottawa event, Prime Minster Justin Trudeau, in a discussion with the visiting German president, claimed that “while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated, I chose to make sure that all of the incentives and protections were there to encourage Canadians to get vaccinated and that’s exactly what they did.”

This is more than just a bit disingenuous from Trudeau. The federal vaccine mandates that his government put into place made it impossible for an unvaccinated person to travel or to work in the federal government. Taking their lead from this sledgehammer approach of the feds, provincial governments across the country imposed harsh lockdowns and eventually required vaccine passports to enter a shop, restaurant, sporting facility or theatre, or to visit a loved one in hospital.

For anyone except a hermit living in a cave, life became impossibly difficult for those who chose not to be vaccinated. That’s exactly why the pent-up frustration of so many Canadians culminated in the Freedom Convoy that made its way to Ottawa in January 2022. While neither Trudeau nor the provincial premiers will admit it, the loosening of pandemic restrictions soon afterwards had a lot to do with the convoy protests.

So that begs the question, why is Trudeau now trying to rewrite history?
Let’s not forget that Trudeau not only imposed and encouraged tough pandemic restrictions but demonized those who chose not to be vaccinated — famously, in January 2022, as “a small fringe minority” who hold “unacceptable views.” The month previous he had claimed, “They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist.”

The rest at this above link….

Now, once the government has the ability to decide for us exactly what is misinformation or disinformation or their truth…how would the above new stories have been reported? I’m assuming very carefully.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The quote thing is the defeating me today

A clip widely shared on Twitter shows Trudeau saying that scientists and medical experts “understood that vaccination was going to be the way through” the COVID-19 pandemic.

“And therefore, while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated, I chose to make sure that all the incentives and all of the protections were there to encourage Canadians to get vaccinated. And that’s exactly what they did.”

Trudeau added: “Now I see a lot of people nodding along with that but boy oh boy you know the comments section on the livestream now is exploding with people who are in deep, deep disagreement with everything I just said.”

Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilievre was quick to respond, posting to Twitter a clip of Trudeau saying “…and therefore while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated,” then cutting away to him speaking to cameras in October 2021, when he said: “The bottom line, proof of vaccination will be required by no later than the end of this month for all federal employees, and by mid-November, enforcement measures in place will make sure that everyone is vaccinated.”

Meanwhile, People’s Party leader Maxime Bernier took a more direct stab at Trudeau, posting an image from the talk and writing: “Trudeau says he didn’t force anyone to get vaccinated. Narcissistic psychopaths aren’t self-aware and don’t realize they lie all the time.”
In his six-minute reply, Trudeau began by pointing out that he never studied political science. “I studied English literature, so words really matter to me. And you may call me old-fashioned, but I tend to defer to the actual definitions of words when I use them.”

He went on to define disinformation as when “things that are untrue are spread by people who don’t know any better,” whereas misinformation “is a deliberate choice to spread and share falsehoods for a particular purpose, whether it’s a personal purpose or a political purpose or a creating chaos purpose. Now, what can start as misinformation can quickly end up being amplified as disinformation.” He then went into a simplified discussion of the scientific method before making his vaccination comments.

“I make a distinction, I always have, between someone choosing for personal reasons … not to get vaccinated, and someone deliberately using misinformation to mislead and scare other people with so-called facts that aren’t facts at all, that lead them to make a choice that endangers their lives and the lives of other citizens.”

The rest of the story is at the above link, but it ends with this paragraph:

Trudeau picked up the discussion again briefly after the president’s remarks when he said. “I’m just in a moment of panic right now. Did I flip the definitions of misinformation and disinformation? I think I did. I think that probably proves a point.”
————————————————————
In George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, whenever political alliances changed, the history books and even newspapers were rewritten to imply that this new alliance was how things had always been. All of the books and papers reflecting the correct version were burned so no one really knew what the truth was.

Recently, government authorities who shut down the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic, and all but forced people to get vaccinated, are taking a leaf from Orwell’s masterpiece. On April 24, at an Ottawa event, Prime Minster Justin Trudeau, in a discussion with the visiting German president, claimed that “while not forcing anyone to get vaccinated, I chose to make sure that all of the incentives and protections were there to encourage Canadians to get vaccinated and that’s exactly what they did.”

This is more than just a bit disingenuous from Trudeau. The federal vaccine mandates that his government put into place made it impossible for an unvaccinated person to travel or to work in the federal government. Taking their lead from this sledgehammer approach of the feds, provincial governments across the country imposed harsh lockdowns and eventually required vaccine passports to enter a shop, restaurant, sporting facility or theatre, or to visit a loved one in hospital.

For anyone except a hermit living in a cave, life became impossibly difficult for those who chose not to be vaccinated. That’s exactly why the pent-up frustration of so many Canadians culminated in the Freedom Convoy that made its way to Ottawa in January 2022. While neither Trudeau nor the provincial premiers will admit it, the loosening of pandemic restrictions soon afterwards had a lot to do with the convoy protests.

So that begs the question, why is Trudeau now trying to rewrite history?
Let’s not forget that Trudeau not only imposed and encouraged tough pandemic restrictions but demonized those who chose not to be vaccinated — famously, in January 2022, as “a small fringe minority” who hold “unacceptable views.” The month previous he had claimed, “They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist.”

The rest at this above link….

Now, once the government has the ability to decide for us exactly what is misinformation or disinformation or their truth…how would the above new stories have been reported? I’m assuming very carefully.
As if that wasn’t careful enough .