another canadian skiing death today

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
a 29 yr old man was killed today after crashing into safety nets during a ski race in switzerland

don't have the link, just heard it on the news, he was from toronto.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Sport is sport and these athletes are taking a chance. The same goes for car racing, hockey
and a host of other sports. It is news in that it is a sport fatality but the sport should not be
questioned. If people are going to play there is a chance of a price to pay. I am tired of those
who want to change all the rules until we are left with sport like ping pong and chess.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sport is sport and these athletes are taking a chance. The same goes for car racing, hockey
and a host of other sports. It is news in that it is a sport fatality but the sport should not be
questioned. If people are going to play there is a chance of a price to pay. I am tired of those
who want to change all the rules until we are left with sport like ping pong and chess.

Both types of sports have their place. I like 5 pin bowling.

a 29 yr old man was killed today after crashing into safety nets during a ski race in switzerland

don't have the link, just heard it on the news, he was from toronto.

Very sad, so young!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

yes I agree, of course all sports should be respected, re: equipment, rules, guard rails, etc., but after
saying that, all of the sports that have a high risk/reward as part of the action, will have accidents,
and yes, some of them will have deaths, and these athletes know that, accept that, and we all have
to remember that, along with our sadness for them, because no one wants to see anyone seriously injured
or worse, die from their efforts.

yes I agree, of course all sports should be respected, re: equipment, rules, guard rails, etc., but after
saying that, all of the sports that have a high risk/reward as part of the action, will have accidents,
and yes, some of them will have deaths, and these athletes know that, accept that, and we all have
to remember that, along with our sadness for them, because no one wants to see anyone seriously injured
or worse, die from their efforts.

sorry folks, didn't realize this story was allready posted.