Animated Avatar...thingy =D

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Not a prob... it's pretty much the only use I found for ImageReady so far (Animated GIFs)

Back 7-8 years ago when I was in college, ImageReady was used mostly for splicing images, adding HTML actions to images etc, I suppose that functionality has been added into photoshop now?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Back 7-8 years ago when I was in college, ImageReady was used mostly for splicing images, adding HTML actions to images etc, I suppose that functionality has been added into photoshop now?

Hmmm.... not sure, I haven't dabled in most of that recently. I did notice that CS3 doesn't come with ImageReady that I could see, and the Browser/Adobe Bridge changed yet again. Most of what I deal with today is mainly in Illustrator. I kept more up to date when I was still working in Photography. Now I work mostly in the sign industry/vehicle graphics, so illustrator has taken most of my time in the day. I suppose I should keep up to date.

Added:

Two versions of Photoshop CS3 seem to be available: (CS3 and CS3 Extended)

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/compare/

Hmmm.... I don't see much explaining anything about ImageReady, so it's either toasted and incorporated into CS3, or they threw it into InDesign.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I lost track of Adobe's product lines after they purchased Macromedia, seems like chopped up a bunch of programs and combined the best parts into photoshop/illustrator/dreamweaver

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I lost track of Adobe's product lines after they purchased Macromedia, seems like chopped up a bunch of programs and combined the best parts into photoshop/illustrator/dreamweaver

Actually that's about when I stopped paying attention too, lol. I haven't tried the new Dreamweaver yet, just Photoshop CS3 at home so far, but I never tried any of the new things, just what I needed to do at the time.