Albertans frustrated by lack of attention!

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Albertans frustrated by lack of attention
Last Updated Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:07:39 EST
CBC News
Voters in Alberta are becoming frustrated that in the two weeks since the election call the only party leader to campaign in their province is Jim Harris of the Green party.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canadavotes2006/national/2005/12/13/elxn-alberta-angry.html

Boy, Alberta likes to complain a lot. I mean, what really would be the point of any of the major parties spending any extended time in Alberta. First they only have 28 seats or about 9% of the 308 available.

26 of them are already likely in the hands of the Conservatives and the two or at least one of the others are probably going to the Liberals.

Of course the parties are spending most of their time in Ontario and Quebec, what do you expect when two thirds of the electorate reside there. Silly Albertans, don't they understand!

capebretoner

Dec 6, 2005
Halifax
www.hosernews.ca
RE: Albertans frustrated

What really is the point of complaining, maybe if they weren't so entirely one sided then the other parties would have a chance. It is not like the Liberals or NDP are going to waste a bunch of money when they know that the CPC is going to win anyway.

The only reason the Green Party is having a prescence is that it was in Alberta that they had the greatest percentage of the vote of anywhere

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
I live in Alberta and haven't heard a murmer. A non-story made into a story. Too much time on their hands. :wink:

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

I live in Alberta and haven't heard a murmer. A non-story made into a story. Too much time on their hands.

I was just going to say the same thing. This is news to me..and I watch the news, listen to the radio, read the newspapers! I guess if they want to make an issue out of it in the media..sure. Whatever will grab the headlines.

Besides, all the leaders will visit in the second half, when it actually matters :p

Come to think of it, i really have not seen a lot of lawn signs and have not recieved any material since the first week.

I would like to say we complain alot, but to do so, we would have to actually care...hahahaha.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Well why would Harper wasre time in Alberta when he knows he will win all but maybe 1? Why would Martin waste time when he knows he may win one seat tops? They are spending their efforts where they can win more seats.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Hey....I don't think Alberta is any different than any other province in the bitch and moan department! :p

Again, i haven't heard anything...why would anyone complain if even *we* know snow would have a better chance in hell than anything left of right in Alberta. hahaha.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Albertans frustrated

Semperfi_dani said:
Hey....I don't think Alberta is any different than any other province in the bitch and moan department! :p

Again, i haven't heard anything...why would anyone complain if even *we* know snow would have a better chance in hell than anything left of right in Alberta. hahaha.

oh yes, they are..(different in the bitch and moan ) ......;-)

they have more money to hire professional whiners.. :wink:

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
The less attention Alberta gets the better. That twerp Layton wants to tax our energy resources. Then again the NDP has a thief running for the party so theft must be an acceptable NDP policy as.

"Boo Hoo. I didn't mean to steal the 50,000 ring. I'm sorry."

Donts worry Svend, the NDP will want you to run again for the Party. You canbe their ethics watchdog.

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are
I'm from Calgary too and this is the first time I've ever heard of this. I like how they ask one person, who is all pissy and bored waiting in line at Canada Post, and it is translated to "Albertans" as if we all give a shit if we get campaigners or not. :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The less attention Alberta gets the better. That twerp Layton wants to tax our energy resources.

That's not accurate at all Calberty. Layton wants to impose an export tax as a retaliatory trade measure to make the US live up to an agreement that they signed. It would cost Albertans nothing. Since you export lumber as well as oil, it would actually benefit you.