Alberta protesters get 6 1/2-year sentences for roles in Coutts border blockade

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The only property damage at Coutts came from Canada’s finest sabotaging farm equipment .
Was that told to you by the same news media that insisted the Convoy was being funded by Russians and right-wing extremists in the US? The same journalists who faked violence against them by the protesters? The same Govt whose members lied about the protesters setting a govt office on fire?

Reactions: petros

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Nah, they mostly just shoot each other.
That's just it, if someone wants to try and kill you, they don't need guns. In fact, the worst mass-murders by an individual in modern history were committed by someone without a firearm. Look at the death toll Timothy McVeigh racked up without firing a single shot for example. Plus all the lives he permanently altered with serious wounds and injuries.
Some years ago some nutjob in China murdered over 30 kindergarteners by stabbing them to death, and their teachers.

Hell, even way back in the mid-'80s my high school suffered a chemical/gas attack. And semi-automatic rifles were a lot easier to get in Canada back then.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's just it, if someone wants to try and kill you, they don't need guns. In fact, the worst mass-murders by an individual in modern history were committed by someone without a firearm. Look at the death toll Timothy McVeigh racked up without firing a single shot for example. Plus all the lives he permanently altered with serious wounds and injuries.
Some years ago some nutjob in China murdered over 30 kindergarteners by stabbing them to death, and their teachers.

Hell, even way back in the mid-'80s my high school suffered a chemical/gas attack. And semi-automatic rifles were a lot easier to get in Canada back then.
Your thesis, stated generally, seems to be "Since anything can be used to kill people, there's no point in banning, regulating, or restricting anything."

OK.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Was that told to you by the same news media that insisted the Convoy was being funded by Russians and right-wing extremists in the US? The same journalists who faked violence against them by the protesters? The same Govt whose members lied about the protesters setting a govt office on fire?
I don’t believe so . You would probably have to look hard to find mention in the news media . It was well documented by live streamers during the blockade.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I don’t believe so . You would probably have to look hard to find mention in the news media . It was well documented by live streamers during the blockade.
Ohhh live streamers. Well I'm convinced. And their footage actually shows the protesters destroying that farm equipment, right?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Your thesis, stated generally, seems to be "Since anything can be used to kill people, there's no point in banning, regulating, or restricting anything."

OK.
In 2016 Trudeau whined about banning more firearms. Yet according to the Govt's own stats, more Canadians were stabbed to death than shot to death between 2000-2015. Meanwhile the Libtards are being pressured to ban more rifles because of "domestic violence". Yeah, the skyrocketing street violence is nothing by comparison. Banning, regulating or restricting firearms is fucking pointless when certain groups are literally allowed to get away with committing gun crimes thanks to Trudeau's diversity box revolving door bail system.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In 2016 Trudeau whined about banning more firearms. Yet according to the Govt's own stats, more Canadians were stabbed to death than shot to death between 2000-2015. Meanwhile the Libtards are being pressured to ban more rifles because of "domestic violence". Yeah, the skyrocketing street violence is nothing by comparison. Banning, regulating or restricting firearms is fucking pointless when certain groups are literally allowed to get away with committing gun crimes thanks to Trudeau's diversity box revolving door bail system.
If you're expecting me to defend True Dope's agenda, that's a long wait for a train that don't come. I think Canada's gun laws are pretty solid.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Bunch of b.s. they should never have had to spend a day in the court room let alone six years in prison .
Canada is no longer a free country . The courts act on behalf of the PMO , bugger the charter of no rights and freedom .
They got what they deserved, fucking idiots, bringing guns and a pipe bomb to a protest. And by the way, the actual Coutts protesters disavowed these idiots.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ohhh live streamers. Well I'm convinced. And their footage actually shows the protesters destroying that farm equipment, right?
Wow . Canada’s finest refers to the RCMP , they were the vandals . How you could think I suggested that when every post I have ever made on the subject is pro protesters . Yikes pay attention man .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They got what they deserved, fucking idiots, bringing guns and a pipe bomb to a protest. And by the way, the actual Coutts protesters disavowed these idiots.
Neither of those comments are correct . No guns or bombs were found or confiscated at the Coutts block aid . Do some research and never believe the bought and paid for media .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No sense making laws targeting criminals , they don’t follow them anyway . Much easier to persecute those sod farmers in Saskabush .

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Neither of those comments are correct . No guns or bombs were found or confiscated at the Coutts block aid . Do some research and never believe the bought and paid for media .
Oh fuck make up your story however you want. It was in the court reporting, and not every charge stuck, but yeah. And when the Coutts protesters found out about the idiots being charged, they said, "No thank you and went home." These two morons were a couple of wannabes that got their wings clipped. They did nothing but bring grief to the Convoy protesters, who were predominantly peaceful.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh fuck make up your story however you want. It was in the court reporting, and not every charge stuck, but yeah. And when the Coutts protesters found out about the idiots being charged, they said, "No thank you and went home." These two morons were a couple of wannabes that got their wings clipped. They did nothing but bring grief to the Convoy protesters, who were predominantly peaceful.
They were railroaded and made into whipping boys by the dauphins cowboys . Again go back to the blogosphere from the time of the protest and you will see that neither of these individuals were found with firearms or explosive devices at the protest .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They were railroaded and made into whipping boys by the dauphins cowboys . Again go back to the blogosphere from the time of the protest and you will see that neither of these individuals were found with firearms or explosive devices at the protest .
Nor were they arrested at Coutts border crossing .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If you're expecting me to defend True Dope's agenda, that's a long wait for a train that don't come. I think Canada's gun laws are pretty solid.
They were. Until Socks "Blackface" McGroper came along. Instead of going ban happy with this kind of rifle and that kind of rifle, a previous govt had restricted magazine capacity to just 4 rounds. Which is reasonable. I dunno whatever happened to that ban but I'm sure it was repealed pre-Trudeau so I'm not blaming him for that particular but of dumb-assery. But he could have brought it back as a common-sense policy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They were. Until Socks "Blackface" McGroper came along. Instead of going ban happy with this kind of rifle and that kind of rifle, a previous govt had restricted magazine capacity to just 4 rounds. Which is reasonable. I dunno whatever happened to that ban but I'm sure it was repealed pre-Trudeau so I'm not blaming him for that particular but of dumb-assery. But he could have brought it back as a common-sense policy.
Yep. Four rounds is a hunting load. In many U.S. states, you're forbidden by law to hunt with more than 3 in the weapon, regardless of capacity.