Abortion

Kyle

New Member
Jun 6, 2004
37
0
6
Hey well you gotta go sometime right? Let the girls do what they want with there body! Us guys put em in that position, let em get out out of it.

I don't really have many morals, as long as I'm breathing, then all is good in the world. You have to look out for yourself now a days, you will just have people walkin all over you, know what I'm sayin?

If I knocked up a girl, and she wanted to get rid of it, well I would let her, it's her body. Not saying I don't want to be a father someday. but yah whatever, less people in the world to feed and clothe that the government can't afford....
 

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
245
0
16
Montreal, Quebec
Sounds so american your response. What about your rights? What if you wanted the kid and she didn't just because she got pregnant you advocate your right to a decision?

Big deal she carries the kid, heck plenty of fat ppl out there carry extra weight, so what makes a girl carry a kid any different?
 

Kyle

New Member
Jun 6, 2004
37
0
6
So american? To many of you damn racists out there.

My rights? Well its her body, if I wanted it, well then I guess I couldn't do much right? She can get rid of it, and I can just go find a new wifey.
It's her loss!
 

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
245
0
16
Montreal, Quebec
No you DO have a legal right if she does. You can actually get a court order to prevent her from doing it if you really want the baby....

You can always argue well what about the fetus's rights etc.... It has been done before to prevent a woman from abusing her right and not giving the father any say in the matter.
 

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
4,508
4
38
Canada
We are not racist like you. But you said it in your own words, "I don't really have many morals, as long as I'm breathing, then all is good in the world". That tells a lot about you and your like.
 

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
1,063
0
36
Montréal, Québec
EternalSunshine said:
I believe abortion should definitely be legal. At same time there is so much more that can and should be done to avoid it: yes, teaching abstinence too, but in general, education, prevention and different options, so that it really is last possible resort.

And those of us, who are fortunate enough to have been raised to be responsible and have high moral values, and fortunate enough to be able to raise our children the same way, we should not be so quick to judge those that didn't have such luck. Some people just don't know any better, they didn't have anyone to teach them.

Why teach abstinence? Sex isnt something that should be taboo. Practicing safe sex, should be the number 1 teaching. They should also teach all aspects of sex...
 

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
219
0
16
Montreal
Numure said:
Why teach abstinence? Sex isnt something that should be taboo. Practicing safe sex, should be the number 1 teaching. They should also teach all aspects of sex...
I do think that for the very young abstinence is the right thing. We all know that there's not one contraception that is 100% effective (after all Rachel and Ross did use a condom :wink:), and an unwanted pregnancy at that age is so much more serious and complicated, regardless of how it ends.
 

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
1,172
0
36
An American "race," Kyle? Really? About twenty years ago, I was double-digging a trench for a hedge at the rear of my property. About eighteen inches down, I exposed a white flint Clovis-point arrowhead, a Miller lanceolate, to be exact. Identical artifacts discovered by the archeological team from the Mercyhurst Institute at their Meadowcroft site in Pennsylvania have been dated at between 11,700 and 12,300 years before the present. As listed in the deed prospectus for my home, the first legal owner of this property was United States President John Adams, in 1805. I figure, some guy was out hunting for his supper, shot an arrow and missed. It remained undiscovered until I found it. I live on a ridge, three miles from a river that is little wider than a creek today, but which must have been much wider in the wake of the last ice age. I have studied the local atlas from 1870, and my county was dotted with numerous native mounds. Our county courthouse, in fact, is built upon a substantial mound--located on Mound Street, in fact. Now, my ancestors were German (of various tribes), French, Swiss, and even some English. American "race" you say? So what is that? It's nothing more than a figment of someone's imagination, eh?
 

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
63
0
6
Ottawa
Reverend Blair said:
Ponygurl, when you take a position of moral superiority when opposing a viewpoint, you imply all that opposition entails...in this case banning abortions. Don't support a viewpoint if you don't believe in it. This is a public forum, not your living room.

As for whether you are any more moral than anybody else on this page...No you are not.
BlairThis is a forum for debate purposes. I stated my beliefs. Is that not the purpose of this board?
 

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
63
0
6
Ottawa
joellewoodruff said:
ok that was my mistake, I have read your previous post. But what about the other girls I brought up, and those other situations?
My beliefs were stated clearly. I think abortio should be available for women who have been raped, and women who's lives will be put at risk if they carry the baby to full term.
All others should give birth to the baby conceived.
 

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
63
0
6
Ottawa
Kyle said:
Hey well you gotta go sometime right? Let the girls do what they want with there body! Us guys put em in that position, let em get out out of it.

I don't really have many morals, as long as I'm breathing, then all is good in the world. You have to look out for yourself now a days, you will just have people walkin all over you, know what I'm sayin?

If I knocked up a girl, and she wanted to get rid of it, well I would let her, it's her body. Not saying I don't want to be a father someday. but yah whatever, less people in the world to feed and clothe that the government can't afford....
Please use birth control. With this attitude and your spelling skills, you are probably not a great candidate for useful employment in the near future. therefore, you cannot provide the stability a child requires to be raised well.
 

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
63
0
6
Ottawa
Numure said:
EternalSunshine said:
I believe abortion should definitely be legal. At same time there is so much more that can and should be done to avoid it: yes, teaching abstinence too, but in general, education, prevention and different options, so that it really is last possible resort.

And those of us, who are fortunate enough to have been raised to be responsible and have high moral values, and fortunate enough to be able to raise our children the same way, we should not be so quick to judge those that didn't have such luck. Some people just don't know any better, they didn't have anyone to teach them.

Why teach abstinence? Sex isnt something that should be taboo. Practicing safe sex, should be the number 1 teaching. They should also teach all aspects of sex...
Well numure.. I have 12 and 14 year old daughters. They are both physically mature enough to get pregnant if they had sex. Of course I teach abstinance for them. Sex should not be entered into unless one is ready for the consequences.
Beleive me, I am no fool. I teach safe sex. I teach abstinance.I teach that one must take responsibility for actions.
The very FIRST thing I teach my kids is unprotected sex puts your life at risk. If teenagers are getting pregnant, they are practicing unsafe sex.. That is just plain stupid these days.
Even the schools teach the dangers of unprotected sex.
 

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
1,063
0
36
Montréal, Québec
Good then. Teaching abstinence though, shouldnt be a priority. Teraching the aspects of sex though, more important. I remember my moral class teacher in Secondary 1, she told everyone in my class everything they could know. The pill, the "after pill", condoms... She also gave a few tips to both girls and guys for their first time... How to make it less painful. Though not many teachers do as she did, they should.
 

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
63
0
6
Ottawa
Numure said:
Good then. Teaching abstinence though, shouldnt be a priority. Teraching the aspects of sex though, more important. I remember my moral class teacher in Secondary 1, she told everyone in my class everything they could know. The pill, the "after pill", condoms... She also gave a few tips to both girls and guys for their first time... How to make it less painful. Though not many teachers do as she did, they should.
Abstinence IS a priority at my kids age. That changes when they reach an older age.
 

Dingbat

New Member
May 24, 2004
15
0
1
I'm pro-abortion and find the it perfectly natural. A fetus is not 'alive'. It is not conscious of it's existence and it is in a state of stasis. It is not until it is more developed and taken out of the womb and experiences all the thing that happen that it becomes aware. Other than that, a fetus is a vegetable and I don't suppose there are people in this forum who find eating vegetables as food is murder.

You might as well believe that the amount of sperm that die in the process of fertilizing the egg is genocide.
 

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
868
1
18
43
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Did you know a fetus can feel pain at 12-14 weeks? They have a heart beat, 5 perfect fingers and toes, and even fingernails! Most major organs have formed and just maturing.

Yes sure sometimes its justible for an abortion in some cases, but not as birth control.

But a fetus is ALIVE!
 

Dingbat

New Member
May 24, 2004
15
0
1
Why would having partially formed organs, a heart beat, and the ability to sense pain change anything? Those are natural and/or instinctual reactions. That would not change the current consciousness of a fetus since all it has experienced is the insides of a womb, especially if the brain has not formed yet.
 

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
868
1
18
43
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
I am not agasint abortion, and I'm not for it.

Sadly it's something that has to be done sometimes. I just think young teenagers should learn to protect themeselves better.

And get that damn birthcontrol out for men! ;)