A little tip on frying

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
When I fry chicken , fish or shrimp I like to take lays potato chips, pound it into crumbs and combine it with my seasoned flour as the coating. Makes the chicken, fish or shrimp extra crispy and golden brown.

Not too many things better than fried shrimp.
When I was growing up, my mom would make pan fried chicken and she'd use a crushed corn flake base. Not corn meal though because it wouldn't have that crispiness to it. Best fried chicken I've had to this day. I convinced my wife to try it a few years back and now it's the only way she'll do fried chicken. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There are other flavourings than salt and fat.

mmmmmm.

That sounds good too.

What I've done in the past is, using skinless chicken pieces, instead of the flour, egg wash, crumbs mixture, I use flour (spices added here like cayenne, pepper, garlic, etc) then I use a low fat yogurt mixed with a little milk to thin it out, finally use the cornflake crumbs (mixed with red pepper flakes-just cuz I like em). You pat chicken dry, dip into flour, then into yogurt/milk mixture and then finally into crumbs. Then I bake it....comes out like fried chicken (really nice and crispy-doubly so if you're blessed with a convection oven!) without the frying.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yogurt is an a-1 bbq sauxe
chicken or salmon...
and when you mix what comes off the meat with spuds and butter and green onions on your plate...

dill after cooking, not before, or you get an old socks kind of aura to it all

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What I've done in the past is, using skinless chicken pieces, instead of the flour, egg wash, crumbs mixture, I use flour (spices added here like cayenne, pepper, garlic, etc) then I use a low fat yogurt mixed with a little milk to thin it out, finally use the cornflake crumbs (mixed with red pepper flakes-just cuz I like em). You pat chicken dry, dip into flour, then into yogurt/milk mixture and then finally into crumbs. Then I bake it....comes out like fried chicken (really nice and crispy-doubly so if you're blessed with a convection oven!) without the frying.
Baking is a lot better than frying if you can get the flavor that's for sure.