A highly contagious political virus is pouring over the Canada-U.S. border

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
LINK TO NON PAYWALL VERSION:
What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in American politics does not remain in the United States. It drifts across the world’s longest undefended intellectual border, and it falls like acid rain. Prolonged exposure – too much MSNBC or Fox News – can lead to hallucinations, delusions and loss of contact with (Canadian) reality. Voters and politicians are both susceptible to infection.

like most things we see today, this is very one sided and ignores important truths. Sure, they mention the dems go a little wonky too but only in passing and don't acknowledge their role in the current 'circle the wagons' attitude of republicans.

The democrats have been brutally worse when it comes to the whole 'fake news' thing. The 'russian collusion' that they promoted for the whole trump term turned out to be false and based on evidence that anyone should have seen was highly questionable. They have themselves called for violent uprisings many times but condemn republicans. Their allies repress stories like the hunter biden laptop discovery during the election and that's pretty huge. They (correctly) condemn the jan 6 attack as unacceptable violence while applauding and supporting the rioting and burning and general destruction in several major us cities tallying billions of dollars in damage which happened just the summer before.

So it's kind of to be expected that the republicans are going to respond with the same sort of tribalism, That is what the US political landscape has become - the dems lie, the republicans lie the other way. Suggesting the republicans are somehow 'worse' right now is indefensible.

As to Canada - trudeau already adapted Obama's 'intersectional coalition' and divisive politics and the dem's tactics of villifying any opponent to the point of calling them wastes of space who shouldn't be tolerated.

Meanwhile, PP and the conservatives in general have not done any of the things that he claims the republicans have done. PP himself said he supports the truckers cause but anyone who broke the law should be punished. He never supported the border blockades at all. The conservatives are not spreading false news about anything, they're not claiming that Justin didn't win the election even tho they'd have a stronger case than trump given that justin lost the popular vote. And nor should they. They're not supporting or turning a blind eye to any violence - unlike trudeau who all but ignored church burnings.

If the left here keeps this up, the inevitable result will be the same as it was in the states - both sides will circle the wagons and the truth be damned.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
LINK TO NON PAYWALL VERSION:

like most things we see today, this is very one sided and ignores important truths. Sure, they mention the dems go a little wonky too but only in passing and don't acknowledge their role in the current 'circle the wagons' attitude of republicans.

The democrats have been brutally worse when it comes to the whole 'fake news' thing. The 'russian collusion' that they promoted for the whole trump term turned out to be false and based on evidence that anyone should have seen was highly questionable. They have themselves called for violent uprisings many times but condemn republicans. Their allies repress stories like the hunter biden laptop discovery during the election and that's pretty huge. They (correctly) condemn the jan 6 attack as unacceptable violence while applauding and supporting the rioting and burning and general destruction in several major us cities tallying billions of dollars in damage which happened just the summer before.

So it's kind of to be expected that the republicans are going to respond with the same sort of tribalism, That is what the US political landscape has become - the dems lie, the republicans lie the other way. Suggesting the republicans are somehow 'worse' right now is indefensible.

As to Canada - trudeau already adapted Obama's 'intersectional coalition' and divisive politics and the dem's tactics of villifying any opponent to the point of calling them wastes of space who shouldn't be tolerated.

Meanwhile, PP and the conservatives in general have not done any of the things that he claims the republicans have done. PP himself said he supports the truckers cause but anyone who broke the law should be punished. He never supported the border blockades at all. The conservatives are not spreading false news about anything, they're not claiming that Justin didn't win the election even tho they'd have a stronger case than trump given that justin lost the popular vote. And nor should they. They're not supporting or turning a blind eye to any violence - unlike trudeau who all but ignored church burnings.

If the left here keeps this up, the inevitable result will be the same as it was in the states - both sides will circle the wagons and the truth be damned.
Remember that poignant line from Love Story .
Being a Democrat means never having to say you‘re sorry .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Only one side is calling for civil war.
At the moment. But it was the other side calling for it a year or two ago when trump was in power and rioting and burning cities on top of it.

And not surprising both sides poll about the same when asked if the electoral system is 'rigged' or 'fair' - if their guy is in power then it's fair, otherwise it's totally rigged. There are democrats wandering around today claiming they REALLY won the last election they lost (can't remember that girls name right now, it was a gubernatorial race as i recall). How many dems disgraced themselves by claiming that Trump didn't really win the election and had russian help?

There's no white hats here. The dems had no problem calling for insurrection when it suited them. And only a handful of replublicans are doing it now that it suits them but i note the party isn't speaking out as loud as it should against it.

Honestly as an outsider looking in I feel an overwhelming urge to send a note home to both sides parents telling that they're not playing well with the other children. And then possibly send them to their rooms to think about what they've done.

The american people deserve better and should be demanding it. America is in my opinion more important than any party, and both should be held to account. Burning cities? Storming the capital? Race war? Rebellion? Seriously - this has gone WAY too far.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
At the moment. But it was the other side calling for it a year or two ago when trump was in power and rioting and burning cities on top of it.

And not surprising both sides poll about the same when asked if the electoral system is 'rigged' or 'fair' - if their guy is in power then it's fair, otherwise it's totally rigged. There are democrats wandering around today claiming they REALLY won the last election they lost (can't remember that girls name right now, it was a gubernatorial race as i recall). How many dems disgraced themselves by claiming that Trump didn't really win the election and had russian help?

There's no white hats here. The dems had no problem calling for insurrection when it suited them. And only a handful of replublicans are doing it now that it suits them but i note the party isn't speaking out as loud as it should against it.

Honestly as an outsider looking in I feel an overwhelming urge to send a note home to both sides parents telling that they're not playing well with the other children. And then possibly send them to their rooms to think about what they've done.

The american people deserve better and should be demanding it. America is in my opinion more important than any party, and both should be held to account. Burning cities? Storming the capital? Race war? Rebellion? Seriously - this has gone WAY too far.
When did they call for an insurrection? Not your interpretation, a quote.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Come now, surely we're not going to play that game. Pleosi's comment is famous saying she can't understand why there aren't uprisings all over the country and noting that maybe there will be, when asked about the looting rioting and burning AOC noted that protests are SUPPOSED to make people uncomfortable (indicating that such behavior was acceptable and even the way it's 'supposed' to be), there are numerous examples. Not to mention Kamala Harris raising money to free protesters on bail including a man charged with murder, the protesters in numerous examples noted that the system had to be brought down, blm said as much till they dialed things back a bit.

I would assume as rational men we are above the trivia of playing footsie with the obvious. The left was QUITE fine with the use of violence for political purpose when it suited them, and the right has proven no different. The Dems support for groups calling for and often doing real violence is well documented, and i don't hear the republicans condemning those calling for it now.

Both sides should then, now and forever be extremely vocal and robust in their condemnation of ANY kind of violence or destruction of property or threats on life or assaulting people in restaurants or the like.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
When did Trump or Republicans call for an insurrection ? I did notice the media sure calling Jan. 6th an insurrection do they count ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Come now, surely we're not going to play that game. Pleosi's comment is famous saying she can't understand why there aren't uprisings all over the country and noting that maybe there will be, when asked about the looting rioting and burning AOC noted that protests are SUPPOSED to make people uncomfortable (indicating that such behavior was acceptable and even the way it's 'supposed' to be), there are numerous examples. Not to mention Kamala Harris raising money to free protesters on bail including a man charged with murder, the protesters in numerous examples noted that the system had to be brought down, blm said as much till they dialed things back a bit.

I would assume as rational men we are above the trivia of playing footsie with the obvious. The left was QUITE fine with the use of violence for political purpose when it suited them, and the right has proven no different. The Dems support for groups calling for and often doing real violence is well documented, and i don't hear the republicans condemning those calling for it now.

Both sides should then, now and forever be extremely vocal and robust in their condemnation of ANY kind of violence or destruction of property or threats on life or assaulting people in restaurants or the like.
Do you understand the difference between rioting and attempting to take over the government?

The only place anyone even loosely described as leftist did that was that stupid autonomous zone in Seattle for a while.

It is, however, amusing how the right howled in agony and outrage at "defund the police" and are now howling "defund the FBI."

Stupid cunts can't even make up their own slogans.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Do you understand the difference between rioting and attempting to take over the government?
Well their stated goals certainly involved forcing change to gov't and policing outside of the normal channels and with the use of violence - are you suggesting we should call them terrorists instead of revolutionaries? I'm not sure that makes it better.

And an "uprising" as pelosi suggested would most likely be considered a take over of the gov't or at least pulling the current one down.

The only place anyone even loosely described as leftist did that was that stupid autonomous zone in Seattle for a while.
Well nobody on the right has 'done' that either. And frankly i would tend to concede that the zone in seattle isn't really exactly the same as an attempt to overthrow a govt per se. Theres no way that could have resulted in that really.
It is, however, amusing how the right howled in agony and outrage at "defund the police" and are now howling "defund the FBI."
As i said - no white hats.
Stupid cunts can't even make up their own slogans.
Now now - certainly as a proponent of more progressive environmental views you're not going to complain about a little recycling?!?!? :ROFLMAO: (sorry - couldn't resist. I'll try harder next time)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Like an actual Coup vs Honk-Honk/Bouncy Castles’n’HotTubs (?)….or the shades of grey between the two extremes? 😁

The opportunity was missed because he pissed off too many people I guess, but the great unifier between the Democrats and the Republicans could’ve been Jeffrey Epstein!! Sounds like he was popular with both teams…I mean sides…I mean Parties. I guess going forward and given the opportunity maybe Ghislaine Maxwell can bring the Republicans and Democrats to common ground. From what I understand they know where to find her for the for seeable future.

• Haha
Reactions: The_Foxer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Like an actual Coup vs Honk-Honk/Bouncy Castles’n’HotTubs (?)….or the shades of grey between the two extremes? 😁

The opportunity was missed because he pissed off too many people I guess, but the great unifier between the Democrats and the Republicans could’ve been Jeffrey Epstein!! Sounds like he was popular with both teams…I mean sides…I mean Parties. I guess going forward and given the opportunity maybe Ghislaine Maxwell can bring the Republicans and Democrats to common ground. From what I understand they know where to find her for the for seeable future.
"Teams" is right.

Me, my money's on Herschel Walker.