72-year-old N.L. 'superman' lifts SUV off son-in-law

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
72-year-old N.L. 'superman' lifts SUV off son-in-law

A man in Salvage, N.L., is being called a 'miracle man' by some residents in the community for lifting a vehicle off his son-in-law, but he says he's no hero.

Cecil Stuckless, 72, said his son-in-law Frank Vatcher was in the garage replacing the brakes on his SUV when he asked Stuckless to go to the shed and get him a clamp.

While Stuckless was out getting the tool, he heard Vatcher cry out for help.

"He bawled out, he said, 'Cec, help me,' and when I turned around, the Jeep was on top of him," Stuckless said.

Without a second thought, Stuckless bounded into the garage and managed to lift the vehicle off the man, just enough for him to wiggle out from underneath.

He was rushed to the hospital, where he got 38 stitches in his head.

"If I wasn't there — if nobody was there — I'd say he wouldn't have done it, wouldn't have gotten out himself. I'd say he wouldn't make it," Stuckless said.

But he maintains that he's no hero, despite what some people in his community are saying.

"One feller come on yesterday and spoke to me about it and he said, 'What are you, Superman?'" Stuckless said.

"I said, ‘B'ys, no, I'm not super, I just did what I could do — that's all that's to it.'"

Stuckless said he's never lifted anything that heavy before, but guesses he had a little divine intervention to help him save his son-in-law.

source: 72-year-old N.L. 'superman' lifts SUV off son-in-law - Nfld. & Labrador - CBC News

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
All grandpa did was relieve enough pressure from the struts for him to wiggle out. Geeees

Hey, come on, 38 stitches to the head, it's not small thing to have helped, not matter how strong he had to be or not be to do it.

Three posts in a row, posting stupid shyte after a Boomer OP...
Reminds me of another member wanting to dance with me all the time a while back.....I see he's back at it

Well to be fair, boomer often posts stuff that isn't exactly 'up for debate'.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's in the News section.. it's just news... interesting, as the guy had a adrenalin rush and able to save a life..

I found it interesting too. I'm not saying it's an unworthy thread, by any means, just.... what's to say about it really?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
I found it interesting too. I'm not saying it's an unworthy thread, by any means, just.... what's to say about it really?

Well fine, I will try harder to post controversial threads.. ...

However, it just seems on this forum you basically know where everyone stands on issues of Abortion, Gay Marriage, Animal Rights, Barack Obama, Gun Rights, Unions, Health care, Terrorism, Death Penalty.. it's just all the same opinions droning on about the same issues... no color..

I was trying to find topics of Interest to get away from the confrontations, hence "Life Stories."

////////////////////////////////////

O.K. found a controversial topic... and created a thread..

"Genetic Engineering and Designer Babies"

Britain debates controversial genetic procedure

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well fine, I will try harder to post controversial threads.. ...

Wow, you're really intent on reading between the lines today hey?

When there's no controversy, people tend to just post gabby ridiculous stuff instead. Talk for the sake of talk. But, if you think TBone's statement was a 'troll', by all means, jump in with DaS. Personally, I thought it was just gab since it's not a 'debate' topic.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
Wow, you're really intent on reading between the lines today hey?

When there's no controversy, people tend to just post gabby ridiculous stuff instead. Talk for the sake of talk. But, if you think TBone's statement was a 'troll', by all means, jump in with DaS. Personally, I thought it was just gab since it's not a 'debate' topic.

Oh now I'm just hurt.. "Genetic Engineering and Designer Babies" wasn't good enough?? LOL

Time to Rock'n Roll

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How can anyone forget that face?

Here's another one where's he talking to The Dude.

I could totally see him in the part of Grandpa Superman. He was born to play it really.

Oh quitchyer trolling SLM

;)