1 Million March 4 Children

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

1 Million March for Children happening today​

Marches for parental rights are planned in various cities across Saskatchewan; counter-protests also happening right now

John Cairns
about an hour ago6 minutes ago

REGINA - Wednesday is the day when a national march in favor of parental rights in schools is set to happen in cities across Canada.

The 1 Million March for Children is set to happen in communities across Canada at 11 a.m. this morning. Marches are planned for that time in several Saskatchewan communities including at the Legislature in Regina, as well as in Saskatoon, Yorkton, Estevan, Prince Albert, Swift Current and North Battleford.

On the 1 Million March for Children Facebook page, the message to participants is to “walk out from homes and workplaces to join in protest, advocating for Canadian children’s rights against unnecessary gender ideologies.”

Already there are supporters gathering in front of the Legislature in preparation of the March at 11 a.m. this morning. A large gathering of supporters was on the lawn in Wascana Park across from the Legislature, where bouncy-castles and BBQs were set up. A number of Canadian flags were seen as well.

The majority of the marches in other cities in the province are set for the front of the local City Halls.

The march has also encountered controversy from those denouncing it online as an anti-trans and an anti-LGBTQ event. There is word counter-protests are planned for some cities, including at the Legislature as well. A small gathering of pro-LGBTQ counter protesters was seen on the steps of the Legislature as of this morning, but at this point that gathering is greatly outnumbered by the Million March supporters on the lawn.

To this point the gathering at the Legislature has been peaceful and free of incident, and there have been calls from both organizers as well as public officials for calm.

Saskatchewan has been a particular focal point for the issue of parental consent, due to the recent announcement from the province that they are bringing in policy changes to require schools to seek parental consent for those students under 16 to change their names or pronouns. The indication from Premier Scott Moe is that his government plans to introduce parental consent legislation at the start of the session in October.

Other marches and protests are happening around the country including in Toronto, where there has been both the 1 Million March protest as well as an organized counter-protest.

You can no longer count on social media to deliver important news to you. Keep your news a touch away by bookmarking SASKTODAY.ca's homepage at this link.

Subscribe to SASKTODAY.ca newsletter to get our daily news to your inbox.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

So is this an anti-LGBTQ+Etc…thing or a pro-Parents Rights thing or a mish-mosh of both with everyone off on their own tangents without any clear definition???

Is this one of those “Feels” things where what is being protested is dependent upon what one feels like protesting that day?

Smells like it’s everywhere, without being clearly defined. Sounds noisy.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
It's called The 1 Million March For Children

This, I suppose to give it some kind of instant credibility...even though a few hundred people might show up in each city.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
That's 3333 cities X 300 equaling almost 1,000,000. So there are over 3000 cities participating in this?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
My Gen Z daughters were indoctrinated with this gender bending stuff in school. Never bothered them one bit. Both are straight, but have many unconventional friends. They come over to visit. I'm cool with all of them...they have a great friend-set from all different stripes and colours.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My Gen Z daughters were indoctrinated with this gender bending stuff in school. Never bothered them one bit. Both are straight, but have many unconventional friends. They come over to visit. I'm cool with all of them...they have a great friend-set from all different stripes and colours.
They'll grow up and find their path.

They don't need join a blue haired oyster cult for autistic kids.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Can I say that people who are not straight are 'unconventional'? Or is that some kind of a slight.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Seeing as each city is getting a turnout of a few hundred people to this paranoid farce, my question...Please name the over 3000 cities that are supposedly taking part in this event....totaling 1,000,000 people.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The fact is, nowhere near 1 million people are participating in this event. It's an outright lie from the get go, so why should we believe anything else these so-called saviours of our children are spewing from there gobs?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
And NEWSFLASH!

Your kid didn't turn out gay because of any school curriculum. It's a genetic composition caused by you and your wife carrying that gay gene. So go march against your fuckin self.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not anti anything. Just pro parent rights and protecting kids.
Somebody didn’t get your memo. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted about the Canada-wide protests, saying "Transphobia, homophobia, and biphobia have no place in this country. We strongly condemn this hate and its manifestations, and we stand united in support of 2SLGBTQI+ Canadians across the country — you are valid and you are valued."
So is this an anti-LGBTQ+Etc…thing or a pro-Parents Rights thing or a mish-mosh of both with everyone off on their own tangents without any clear definition???
Organizers of the marches said they were protesting the “premature sexualization and potentially harmful indoctrination” of children, but that they aren’t against LGBTQ+ people.

Ah, OK, but then why the counter protests?
Is this one of those “Feels” things where what is being protested is dependent upon what one feels like protesting that day?
NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh led a group of counter-protesters down Wellington Street. A heavy police presence separated protesters from counter-demonstrators, with competing chants about protecting trans youth and keeping gender ideologies out of schools.

“We know that there are a lot of folks that don't feel safe because of the rise in hate and division that's targeting vulnerable people,” Singh said. “But then you see a lot of people coming together, and it shows the strength of solidarity, of us supporting each other, of having each other's back.”
Smells like it’s everywhere, without being clearly defined. Sounds noisy.
Hours later, Ottawa police said they arrested two people for inciting hatred at the protest "by displaying hateful material," and arrested another person for causing a disturbance. "Hate or bias-motivated crimes will be fully investigated," police said on X, formerly known as Twitter…because Twitter…I mean X.
I love the smell of hate and fear in the air. Tangy!
Hundreds of people gathered for both a protest and a counter-protest in downtown Vancouver.

Counter-protester Tomi-Rose Clarke said the ideas being espoused by the other side are "scary" and "dangerous to kids, and people with trans kids, and adult trans people."

Premier Blaine Higgs attended the protest Wednesday outside the legislature in Fredericton, telling reporters that he has a hard time understanding why his government's policy is controversial.

"I think our parents should become knowledgeable about what their kids are being taught and what is important for them to learn in schools and what's important for parents to make decisions on with kids that are under 16 years old," he said.

Jashandeep Dhillon said she doesn’t want her children to be exposed to gender issues.

“I don’t want them to be educated on whether they are a girl or a boy,” she said. “Let them be what they want to be. If he decides in his life, when he’s an adult, if he wants to change, I’m OK with that.”

All kinds of divisive stuff at the above link that sounds like the protestors and counter protesters are protesting two different things at completely different protests, but they weren’t…& the fringe clowns come out ‘cuz they have nothing better to do on both sides. Good times.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
All kinds of divisive stuff at the above link that sounds like the protestors and counter protesters are protesting two different things at completely different protests, but they weren’t…& the fringe clowns come out ‘cuz they have nothing better to do on both sides. Good times.
Sounds like just about every thread on this forum.

Reactions: Ron in Regina