gopher
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• thanx karrie!

A Wonderful Christmas, Chanukkah, and New Year to you + yours!

Gopher golf Christmas:

Hey, thanx!

Yes, I am familiar with them but do not go to their functions as I am an Indy and not a Dem. Their forum is very informative. But all too often it is filled with people agreeing with one another rather than with activists who go into other forums and try to persuade indies or others to vote against Bush or for USA interests.

Those pics of yours are absolutely FABULOUS!

If you make more, let me know!

Take care ...

gopher
    Hi Gopher, Are you familiar with Democraticunderground.com? They have forums divided by state and the MN forum has some wonderful participants. They will be having a holiday party on Dec. 28 at Fong's in Mpls. I used to go to the meetups and never laughed so much in my life. Don't know if this is your cup of tea or not but newcomers are always welcome. Just thought I'd let you know.

Have a good day.
    Hermite
    hey hermite,

sorry - I can't find your link

please send me a pm with the url

thanx!
    hey Gopher I posted a link on my wall to my web page with pictures, if you'd like to see what it's like up here. I'm not going to leave it on there for very long though. Some people on this forum I don't have a real good feeling about, ya know. See ya, hermite
    hi hermite!

The West Side is actually south of down town. Just half a mile or so of the Robert Street bridge.

There are numerous Mexican restaurants in the area but I never go to any of them as cooking is one of my hobbies and my apartment smells like a diner. Ain't much going on in this area so I attend the local high school's football, soccer, and baseball/softball games for entertainment.

We have several parks with Harriet Island being the most attractive and the closest to down town.

Hope all is well around your neck of the woods and please feel free to post pics of your area!

Thanx + see ya .............
    Hey gopher. I'm not familiar with the area you live in. What restaurants or major buildings are nearby? I lived on the "scary" East Side and worked in Midway for a bit. First in the Christmas tree building and then next to Target, on University Ave. And then I got a job in downtown SP, in the Landmark Center. That was cool. I probably had a thousand books down there but had to give most of them up when I moved to Canada. I live in a very small town here and the library doesn't have much to offer. But I did read all their Margaret Atwood's and Farley Mowat's. The books I brought with me, which I am now re-reading are Ken Kesey, Tom Wolfe, Edward Abbey, Neil Gaiman, Salman Rushdie, Ursula Le Guin, Tolkien, stuff like that. I like sci fi, fantasy, humour and great writing. And I have a very long wish list. Too bad there is no Santa. So, we're "friends" now but I'm not sure exactly what that means in the CC sense. Anyway, I'm glad to meet you and I enjoy your posts and the gopher pics. Chat at ya later. hermite
    hi hermite!

I don't quite understand what to do about these ''walls'' or how to post on them but here it goes .....

Live on the West Side or Riverside section of St Paul which is also known as ''Pig's Eye'' or Lake Wobegon. Kinda of a goofy place to live.

I guess that's what attracted a goof ball like me here.

CC is a nice place to be. Especially when the right wingers calm down and try to reason rather than rant.

You mentioned that you do much reading {a big hobby of mine as well}. Please give a listing of your favorite reading.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

see ya!

gopher
    Hey, Gopher. Former Minnesotan here. St. Paul. Where are you, if you don't mind my asking. I'm a Newbie here and wanted to see what this "wall posting" thingie is. A PM, I guess. See ya around. Hermite
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…