Coronavirus: Canada to receive over 640,000 vaccine doses this week, officials say

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Global News shows that during a federal important COVID-19 update on Tuesday, Minister of Public Services and Procurement Anita Anand said that Canada will certainly receive a total of 643,000 doses of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines this week, calling it "the largest shipment to date." She added that a total of 2.5 million useful vaccine doses will have been delivered by the end of the month, and another 3.5 million are certainly arriving in March.

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
Canada is really great. I hope all countries will be like these. They have such a competent government and I can only hope that all countries in the world will be like that. they are already a step closer to ending corona. Also, it's nice that what they are going to have is Pfizer and Moderna. i have been reading about the vaccines for quite some time now and I think that those two are pretty impressive.

Reactions: Wise

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Canada is really great. I hope all countries will be like these. They have such a competent government and I can only hope that all countries in the world will be like that. they are already a step closer to ending corona. Also, it's nice that what they are going to have is Pfizer and Moderna. i have been reading about the vaccines for quite some time now and I think that those two are pretty impressive.
Yes, Canada really is great. Hopefully, coronavirus can be ended.

COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for use in Canada:
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was authorized for use in Canada on December 9, 2020.
The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was authorized for use in Canada on December 23, 2020.

Health Canada is not yet ready to make a decision about approving the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca, more than two weeks after it signaled the ruling could be imminent.

AstraZeneca vaccine review is in the 'final stages,' Health Canada says.
Health Canada has received all the necessary scientific data but questions for the company remain.

While it was expected AstraZeneca would be the third vaccine approved in Canada, it is now on the verge of being surpassed by Johnson and Johnson.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
You won't hear it from them but the truth is Trudeau blew so much money on the first two and over committed that they are stuck dealing with what they have.

Hoping this weeks large shipment goes well although it does seem optimistic given the numbers to date.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The animals are happy all the experimentation is being done on humans this time around.
:)
Think of it as the vaccine version of the roll out of windows millennium, or windows vista,

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Canada has begun its largest mass vaccination program in history with COVID-19 inoculations getting underway across the provinces and territories.

Four vaccines, developed by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, have been authorized for use in Canada to date.