Have/will you change(d)?

SwitSof

Electoral Member
Something I remember my mum used to tell me and I wonder if it happened on couples heaps of times.
She told me that my dad used to be a sloppy in his dressing and well on his appearance actually.
He cut his hair really short like an army guy so that it's easy to take care of, he had moustache and a bit of goatee too I think, and he never tucked in his shirt or T-shirt.
Whereas my mum was rather a stylish girl, well even in her older days she is actually. So she didn't like this style of me dad's. She asked him to shave everyday, keep his hair longer, and tuck his shir/T-shirt, otherwise she wouldn't go on a date with him.
So he did and he kept this even till they got married after 5 years of dating and about 14 years of marriage till death did them apart literally.
There is this famous saying for couples who are going to get married that the guy usually doesn't expect the wife to change but she will over time and on the contrary, the woman expects the guy to change even upon entering the relationship or during, but the guy would never change. For the married members here, did you ever find yourself or your partner change between before and after marriage? Even as small as changing their fashion :D

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Something I remember my mum used to tell me and I wonder if it happened on couples heaps of times.
She told me that my dad used to be a sloppy in his dressing and well on his appearance actually.
He cut his hair really short like an army guy so that it's easy to take care of, he had moustache and a bit of goatee too I think, and he never tucked in his shirt or T-shirt.
Whereas my mum was rather a stylish girl, well even in her older days she is actually. So she didn't like this style of me dad's. She asked him to shave everyday, keep his hair longer, and tuck his shir/T-shirt, otherwise she wouldn't go on a date with him.
So he did and he kept this even till they got married after 5 years of dating and about 14 years of marriage till death did them apart literally.
There is this famous saying for couples who are going to get married that the guy usually doesn't expect the wife to change but she will over time and on the contrary, the woman expects the guy to change even upon entering the relationship or during, but the guy would never change. For the married members here, did you ever find yourself or your partner change between before and after marriage? Even as small as changing their fashion :D

I think my wife and I have changed quite a bit over the years. Found we could do things we never thought we could and changing our minds on some of the principles we had when we were very young. Our kids opened our eyes as it happens when you are no longer the principal in your life. Once you start doing for others regardless of your own needs, you find strength and quality you never suspected in yourself.

We two get each other. We understand our little pecadilos and evolve with each other as our circumstances change through life. We're still young as parents go and now that our kids are nearly out of the nest, we change again into new roles that focus not on being the people to care and provide for our kids, but into our relationship as just two again.

This we are quite looking forward too, though it is at times scary.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
This thread is all over the place so here is a good opportunity for me to ask ya something Zan.
Your avatar looks like Zhora in Blade Runner, but i know it's not due to her color...but the face...looks like the actress.

:lol: Yes it's true, this thread has had a few turns eh?

Well Doc, I don't think I've seen Blade Runner... the actress in my avatar is Virginia Hey, and the series her character Zhaan played in was called FarScape. Rumour has it she had to quit that role because the blue body dye was making her quite ill. I don't know if that's true or not.

This is her in pre-lizard mode...

a more recent pic...

and isn't she the most amazing blue lizardy bald headed priestess you've ever seen? :lol::lol:

PA'U ZOTOH ZHAAN

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

A lot of things change through life and my wife and I are working towards making a move from working 9-5 jobs home ownership and all those trappings to a much more bohemian lifestyle of living aboard a boat, subsisting on our investments and the money we earn from selling the art we create. Running our own little exotic imports business on the net.

We hope to be able to move from Canada to South America via the US and Mexico each year and returning in a cycle that allows for collecting the material we need and selling it up here and along the way.

So like any venture there are many questions that just don't have answers yet and the future isn't written so to a "planner" like myself, it's a bit scary.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
the only thing scary is the way he paints, selling his house to move into a mold ridden apartment and live like online 24/7 whilst wifey do tries to sell a cane carved from wood on ebay. Boat trip has been talked about for 2 years now online and the plan is to actually do it in 4 more years.
Does massive amount of weed use ring any bells here......

way too funny.....or there is this huge trip to nova scotia to scout out the new base to launch the bumheaveian exile.

You can't buy this sort of material from buffoons

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
the only thing scary is the way he paints, selling his house to move into a mold ridden apartment and live like online 24/7 whilst wifey do tries to sell a cane carved from wood on ebay. Boat trip has been talked about for 2 years now online and the plan is to actually do it in 4 more years.
Does massive amount of weed use ring any bells here......

way too funny.....or there is this huge trip to nova scotia to scout out the new base to launch the bumheaveian exile.

You can't buy this sort of material from buffoons

Someone's angry. :lol:

In ten years I'll be kicking it down south all winter.
In ten years you will still be here, on meds, still collecting welfare and pretending to be a transvestite on the Internet.

I'm ok with that.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Aparantly the ignore button isnt working.
Dave--check your email.

Yeah i did.I love you Robin,yer good people..

ok but oh god this is priceless

lol he upped it to ten years hahahahahahahahaha

why am i loling....ten more years of trying to impress strangers on the internet with LOL....roflmao Bohemian lifestyle.......hahahahahaha
ok ok robin ...i'll let it go..

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yeah i did.I love you Robin,yer good people..

ok but oh god this is priceless

lol he upped it to ten years hahahahahahahahaha

why am i loling....ten more years of trying to impress strangers on the internet with LOL....roflmao Bohemian lifestyle.......hahahahahaha
ok ok robin ...i'll let it go..

Yeah I understand you can't plan ahead. snicker.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trully looking forward to the pipedream updates....

It is always important to have dreams and goals. You never know if you will reach them but they give you purpose in life. I think it generally in poor taste to laugh at other peoples goals whether you consider them reachable or not.