Glen Beck, The climate of Fear

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary

"IM BALL, NATURAL RESOURCES STEWARDSHIP PROJECT: Many times I`ve been tempted to say why am I doing this? Why am I running my head into a concrete wall?

BECK: Tim Ball received a Ph.D. in climatology from the University of London and spent his professional life under the radar as a professor at the University of Winnipeg.

BALL: If I had gone along with the prevailing wisdom, the funding would have been enormous. Instead, I`m accused of getting the money from the oil company, which is simply a lie.

BECK: Whether you agree or not with what the other side says, the debate must not only be tolerated; it must be encouraged.

BALL: I think that the truth is absolutely paramount, and if we abandon that, we`re lost. And I don`t care if people or the politicians choose to ignore me. That`s their choice. But what I don`t want is I don`t want them to ever be able to come back and say we weren`t told."

"TIM BALL, EARNED PHD FROM UNIVERSITY OF LONDON: We now know for certain that the temperature changes before the CO-2. And one of the fundamental assumptions that Gore doesn`t understand is that in the theory of global warming due to humans is, as the CO-2 goes up, the temperature will go up. Well, the ice floe records show it`s exactly the opposite.

BECK: Now, what about that really cool animation of Florida and Manhattan drowning? Huh, cool, huh? You`ve seen these horrific scenarios everywhere based purely on catastrophic hypotheticals that dramatically exaggerate even what the U.N. says. It`s Al Gore`s best supporting actor, the word "if."

GORE: If we have an increase of five degrees, if Greenland broke up and melted...

... if this were to go, sea level worldwide would go up 20 feet.

MARIO LEWIS, PHD, GOVERNMENT POLICY ANALYST: Where he`s misleading is that he gives the impression that this is something that is likely to happen. The likelihood of this is next to nil.

DAVID LEGATES, PHD, CLIMATOLOGIST, UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE: The IPCC report is that the upper limit of sea level rise by the year 2100 is going to be about 23 inches.

HORNER: That`s why Al Gore makes up 20 feet. The truth isn`t scary.
"

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/02/gb.01.html

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Glen Beck is talking to us about fear? This guy is afraid of Muslims in congres :laughing7:

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Glen Beck is talking to us about fear? This guy is afraid of Muslims in congres :laughing7:

That is complete B.S. Glean beck thinks that the first Muslim in congress is a very good thing. He thinks this because it shows Muslims working with the system instead of against it. He also thinks it is important to have moderate Muslims to be representing the views of Islam as opposed to the extremists. In recent shows on Glen beck he talks about how PBS canceled a documentary portraying moderate Islam. He talks abut the people who had this documentary canceled were likely sympathetics of radical Islam who don't want us to see a moderate side of Islam. Fear the political correct NAZI's who try to forward their views though intimidation instead of reason.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Beck said: "I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Beck added: "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." Link "afraid" was meant to be a bit of a joke...but he certainly doesn't seem to be thrilled about the idea.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
He talks abut the people who had this documentary canceled were likely sympathetics of radical Islam who don't want us to see a moderate side of Islam.

This is B.S. Are we to believe that radical Islam is running PBS? No one is sympathetic to radical islam unless they are a little bit radical themselves.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Beck said: "I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Beck added: "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." Link "afraid" was meant to be a bit of a joke...but he certainly doesn't seem to be thrilled about the idea.

What do you want him to do anyway? Throw the guy a pride? Besides the Muslim elected to congress is on the wrong party for Beck. lol

edit: It is unfortunate that link you gave did not provide the link to the full CNN transcripts of the show.

"BECK: And I`m not asking you to. I`m wondering if you see that. You come from a district that is heavily immigrant with Somalians, and I think it`s wonderful, honestly. I think it is really a good sign that you are -- you could be an icon to show Europe, this is the way you integrate into a country. I think the Somalians coming out and voting is a very good thing. With that..."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/14/gb.01.html

Last edited:

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
This is B.S. Are we to believe that radical Islam is running PBS? No one is sympathetic to radical islam unless they are a little bit radical themselves.

They don't have to since PBS as a public broadcasting company is held hostage to political correctness a lot more so then other networks. It is unfortunate that is now politically correct to portray the more radical side of Islam.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
What do you want him to do anyway?
For starters, not accuse him of working for the enemy.
Besides the Muslim elected to congress is on the wrong party for Beck. lol
Of course he is, could you really see a bunch of republicans electing a Muslim?
It is unfortunate that link you gave did not provide the link to the full CNN transcripts of the show.

No, but I watched the entire thing, and I don't remember any redeeming comments made by Beck. Got a link for the positive things he said about Ellison?
They don't have to since PBS as a public broadcasting company is held hostage to political correctness a lot more so then other networks. It is unfortunate that is now politically correct to portray the more radical side of Islam.
So, ultimately who calls the shots?

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
For starters, not accuse him of working for the enemy.
He didn't.

Of course he is, could you really see a bunch of republicans electing a Muslim?
Objection calls for speculation. lol

No, but I watched the entire thing, and I don't remember any redeeming comments made by Beck. Got a link for the positive things he said about Ellison?
So, ultimately who calls the shots?
The mindless mob.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
It is a group of people who are more concerned with what is politically correct then what is right.

But who are these people? The general population? The people in charge of PBS? Be more specific.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
But who are these people? The general population? The people in charge of PBS? Be more specific.

I can't know everything. Anyway this is the wrong thread. Go to this thread:

"MARTYN BURKE, PRODUCER, "ISLAM VS. ISLAMISTS": Yes, well, I`ll give you one example. We were doing an investigative report on how the Nation of Islam, the so-called black Muslims, in Chicago were being funded by the Saudi Arabian fundamentalists through the Saudi embassy in Washington, D.C. And PBS, through WETA, the flagship station in Washington, appointed an adviser to oversee our efforts, and that adviser was from the Nation of Islam. "
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/u...slim-u-s-media-enable-islamic-extremists.html

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Backlash Against Boycott of Glenn Beck

Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:32 PM

By: David A. Patten

A left-wing group’s effort to intimidate corporate advertisers on Fox News’ Glenn Beck show appears to be backfiring as it triggers a wave of support from grass-roots fans rushing to defend the popular TV personality from the attacks.
Even before the liberal boycott of Glenn Beck began this summer, the best-selling author and TV host had became a ratings superstar, with his 5 p.m. cable news program pulling mega prime-time viewership numbers. Beck also had become a lightning rod for liberal groups who didn’t like his anti-Obama message and his staggeringly large audience.
But now Beck’s fame seems to be growing even more as a spontaneous, nationwide effort has sprung up among fans to defend their hero, including Web sites, Facebook groups, homegrown e-mail blasts, and individual telephone campaigns.
The reaction in support of Beck comes in the wake of the advertiser-boycott campaign launched by Color of Change, an African-American advocacy organization with close ties to the Obama White House.
Although the group garnered some success initially, it appears that it is making claims that don’t match reality, with several major companies claiming they never joined any boycott of Beck’s show.
Major advertisers such as Wal-Mart, CVS, ConAgra, and Sargento have directed Fox News not to air their ads during the Glenn Beck Program, according to Color of Change.
The group probably would have been dismissed as a gadfly were it not for its high-level connections to the Obama White House. Color of Change co-founder Van Jones now works in the Obama administration as the president's "green jobs czar."
Beck has been a fearless critic of both President Obama and Jones, whose association with Color of Change was said to have ended in December 2007.
Color of Change Executive Director James Rucker tells Newsmax that his organization wants Beck silenced for his July remark on Fox & Friends that Obama -s "racist" — an opinion Beck voiced in the context of the president’s chastising of the Cambridge Police Department and Sgt. James Crowley for acting "stupidly" in arresting Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates.
"It's preposterous and absurd," Rucker tells Newsmax of Beck's utterance. "It's insulting to black Americans, and it corrupts honest debate. Anyone who uses such a platform to spew such vitriol, whether Glenn Beck or anyone else, has no place on the air, and we at Color Of Change would use every resource available to us to remove corporate sponsorship from their platform."

Conservative Backlash

Beck's enemies on the left, however, have awakened a sleeping giant in their campaign to destroy Beck.
Like the town hall protesters, Beck's supporters are rising up to declare they're fed up and not going to take it anymore. And joining in their counterattack are some of the most respected voices in conservative media.
"Glenn Beck is to be congratulated," New York Times best-selling author Peter Schweizer tells Newsmax. "They only go after you when you are being effective — he must really be causing them problems."
And Rich Noyes, research director for the conservative Media Research Council watchdog organization, says, "I think it tells us a lot about the style of politics coming from the organized left and this White House. They want to be so strenuous in going after their adversaries that they have a take-no-prisoners approach. I think it would be unthinkable if conservatives, particularly those affiliated with the Bush White House, had gone after a media figure associated with one of the other networks."
Conservative icon and direct-marketing expert Richard Viguerie tells Newsmax: "That's Chicago politics. We're seeing the Chicago-ization of politics. We hear how dangerous it is for some of these people to come in the vicinity of the president with a weapon. Then we see the chairman of a powerful committee, Henry Waxman, issuing subpoenas to 50 insurance executives for their corporate records. That's how they play the game. They will use any method they can to attain power and then hold onto that power. They tried to do the same with Rush Limbaugh, but Rush Limbaugh is too big for them to handle. This is how Democrats operate."
On Thursday, DC Examiner editorial page editor Mark Tapscott wrote: "Funny, I don't recall that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of expression to everybody except those whose opinions the four members of ColorofChange.org find ‘repulsive and divisive.’"
Tapscott called on readers to conduct a reverse boycott against the companies bowing to left-wing pressure, who are pulling their ads from Beck's program. Those companies, Tapscott says, "are aiding and abetting a vicious, political campaign to slander him by an outfit apparently created for just such a purpose."
A reverse boycott is precisely what's taking place.
On Aug. 16, Beck supporter John Hill launched a Web site, DefendGlenn.com. Five days later, the site had recorded 1.9 million visits, racked up 1,033 Twitter followers, and garnered 5,800 user comments on its "Support Wall," Hill says.
"Let your voice be heard! Fight back against the lies and the extremist boycott of Glenn Beck," the site declares.
DefendGlenn.com provides contact information for companies that have pulled their advertising. It also lists and encourages the companies who have stuck with the Beck program.
"We launched DefendGlenn basically just to counter a lot of the distortions and lies that were put out by this group Color of Change, which we saw weren't being countered at all," Hill tells Newsmax.
Among the messages fans left on the DefendGlenn "Support Wall" to show their support for Beck:

"Freedom of speech applies to all speech, even those from the right," wrote Matt Elmore of Woodbridge, Va.

"You are not alone, but like Gen. Washington, out in front of the troops," wrote Michael Lyon of Estero, Fla.

"Never give up,” Leonor Godwin of Stephenville, Texas, wrote him. “They are trying to break you. You are our inspiration and our rock."
Hill also tells Newsmax he has received 5,000 e-mails from people who tell him they are canceling their Geico insurance policy because the company has joined the boycott against Beck, and about 6,500 e-mails from consumers who say they never will buy a Sargento product again.
"I don't want to do that," Hill tells Newsmax. "I think boycotts are stupid. But if they're going to join the boycott, boycotts work two ways. Earlier in the week, the companies were saying, 'Yeah we're dropping the ads.’ But as soon as people started getting in touch with them, they started denying they were dropping anything.'"
Other Beck supporters also are getting into the act. They include an upstate New York stay-at-home mom who became alarmed when she saw the orchestrated campaign to make one of the most independent voices in American media a pariah. Already a member of the 912 organization Beck initiated to recapture the nonpartisan spirit of unity the nation experienced after the 9/11 terror attacks, she created SupportGlennBeck.com.
The site includes a petition that states: “Through his radio and television show, he promotes God, family, and country — which resonates with a majority of Americans.
“There are some people who have an ideological problem with Glenn Beck. These people will not be satisfied until voices such as Glenn’s are silenced. For the millions of us who share Glenn’s values, there is nothing more frightening than losing our forum,” the petition states.
The growing pro-Beck movement has also reached social networking sites. One example: Beck supporter Doug Edelman of St. Louis has established a new Facebook group, “Defend Glenn Beck Against Thug Inspired Boycott.” During its first week, more than 790 members joined the group, which includes a statement of support for Beck and lists contact information for companies that are said to be boycotting his show.

Exaggerated Boycotts

The anti-Beck activists claim that more than 20 advertisers have dropped the Beck program. Hill and others on the pro-Beck side dispute say Color of Change has greatly exaggerated the effect of its boycott.
Many of the companies the organization lists now deny they have anything to do with the boycott. Newsmax contacted Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance, SC Johnson, and Radio Shack, all of which said they have not directed Fox News to pull their ads from the Glenn Beck Program, as Color of Change has stated.
In fact, these companies’ representatives tell Newsmax that, as a matter of corporate policy, they never did advertise on the Glenn Beck Program and ask how they could boycott a program they never placed an ad on in the first place.
Another company, State Farm, tells Newsmax that its ad was never supposed to air on the Glenn Beck Program. State Farm has a longstanding company policy against advertising on any "political or opinion programming," its spokesman says.
Having discovered the error, State Farm says, it will not be advertising on any cable talk show. And it is careful to emphasize it is not singling out Beck in this regard.
As State Farm’s response suggests, the net effect of the anti-Beck crusade probably will be fewer advertisers willing to advertise on the talk shows of any cable network.
Consider, for example, the corporate response from Clorox. On Thursday, company executives wrote Hill stating: “After a comprehensive review of political talk shows across the spectrum, at this time we have made a decision not to advertise on political talk shows.”
Assuming the pro-Beck backlash continues, that probably means the activist campaign intended to hurt Beck will, ironically, damage Beck’s progressive competitors more than it hurts him.
Lost ads will impact smaller networks such as MSNBC far more than it will affect ratings juggernaut Fox News, industry sources say.
Nearly 2.5 million viewers tuned in to Beck’s show in its 5 p.m. Eastern time slot last week, according to Mediabistro’s TV Newser. Beck’s ratings on Fox exceeded those of CNN, MSNBC, and Headline News combined.
All of which calls into question whether advertiser boycotts work anyway.
“It’s funny because I think their calculation is that by going after advertisers they are going to affect his bottom line,” Schweizer says. “But this is a common misperception of liberals. Beck isn’t in this for the money. So even if they could succeed, they won’t silence him.”
Michael Harrison has seen plenty of media campaigns come and go as publisher of Talkers Magazine. “My guess,” he says, “is he will weather this storm.”
“Beck expected to get hostile feedback, and a whole bunch of publicity, and he succeeded on both counts,” Harrison says. “People have the right to be offended and businesses have the right to spend their advertising dollars however they choose. Free speech guarantees the right of having an opinion without government censorship. It doesn’t guarantee that people won’t be angry and withhold their support. The free marketplace of ideas is not for the faint hearted!”
And for ratings giant Fox, Beck’s remarkable connection with viewers has made the free market a profitable one indeed. “The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network,” a Fox spokesman recently told Ad Age, “so there is no revenue lost.” @

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Seems they at least started rallying around him after the Liberals started taking him serious.

List of Obama's Czars

• The Brainroom counts 32 czars in the Obama administration, based on media reports from reputable sources that have identified the official in question as a czar.
• In addition, President Obama has said that he will create the position of cyber czar, and there have been media reports that there could be a health insurance czar and a copyright czar. When and if those positions are filled, that would bring the total to 35.
• Since czar isn't an official job title, the number is somewhat in the eye of the beholder.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - List of Obama's Czars

Where do we go from here? What does it mean to our fizzling democracy to have more Czars and more centralized power at the executive branch?

The problem with this picture is that more Czars mean more layers of bureaucracy, more corruption, more control and abuse, as well as more inefficiency and ineptness. The federal government has grown to an unprecedented level during the Bush Administration, and continues to grow larger in the current one.

Maybe, the whole purpose of Obama’s Czars “R” US is simple propaganda that lulls the public into a false sense of safety and control, while he continues the agenda of his money masters that consists of profligate spending, new wars and false flag operations, indefinite detention of prisoners, disembowelment of the constitution, covert overthrowing of foreign governments, bogus terrorists watch list, erosion of personal and national sovereignty, bankrupting the republic, microchipping the populace, and dismantling the American Bourgeoisie (middle class), in order to facilitate and complete the process of globalization.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Here is a example of what kind of people who are advising Obama.

Green Jobs Czar - Van Jones Title: Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality
Salary: unknown
Reports to: Head of Council on Environmental Quality Nancy Sutley
Appointed: March 2009
Agency or department that might have handled similar issues: Environmental Protection Agency; Labor
• Will focus on environmentally-friendly employment within the administration and boost support for the idea nationwide
• Rose from near obscurity in the Oakland, Calif., grassroots organizing scene to the leader of a national movement to spur the green economy.
• Founded Green For All, an organization focused on creating green jobs in impoverished areas
• Also co-founder of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and Color of Change, which includes Bay Area PoliceWatch, a group devoted to "protect[ing] the community from police misconduct"
• Published New York Times best-seller The Green Collar Economy: How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems, in October 2008
• Started career as a prison-reform advocate in Oakland, Calif., lobbying for reform of the juvenile justice system and youth-violence prevention programs
• Has law degree from Yale
• 2007: worked on the Green Jobs Act with then-Rep. Hilda Solis (D-Calif.), who co-sponsored the bill in the House
• 1993: was arrested at the Los Angeles riots that followed the acquittal of cops in the Rodney King beating. "I was arrested simply for being a police observer," says Jones, who had just graduated from Yale Law School and was working with the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights in San Francisco.
• 1999: was arrested in the 1999 Seattle protests against the World Trade Organization
Excerpt from a Nov. 2005 interview in the East Bay Express:
Jones had planned to move to Washington, DC, and had already landed a job and an apartment there. But in jail, he said, "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.'" Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. "I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary." In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," he said. "By August, I was a communist." In 1994, the young activists formed a socialist collective, Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement, or STORM, which held study groups on the theories of Marx and Lenin and dreamed of a multiracial socialist utopia. They protested police brutality and got arrested for crashing through police barricades. In 1996, Jones decided to launch his own operation, which he named the Ella Baker Center after an unsung hero of the civil-rights movement.

Green Jobs Czar?? wonder how much this Obama FLUNKY is being paid.