United Church of Canada: HYPOCRITES - CHERRY PICKERS

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The United Church of Canada has been infested with Liberals.

They cherry pick what to believe and not believe in the Bible.

Some local branches had GAY (immoral, wrong, sinful, cast to hell) priests!

I know of a minister who doesn`t really believe in Hell.

That church is just a feel good church where immoral a-holes attend every week to feel good, and then backstab each other the rest of the week.

Its like confession in the Roman Corrupt Church, where you sin all ya want, and as long as you speak to some priest its fine (FYI confessional came from the Catholics wanting to know the news of the village, also the real reason for no birth control is to make catholics pump out more mindwarped babies to become Catholics)

United Church = the next worst thing to an atheist.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
You follow everything in the Bible? Apparently you missed the loving your fellow man part and that part about it being god's role to judge, not yours.

What is the right church exactly? The one you belong to?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The right church is not the United Church.

I think the church should be torn down for being to Liberal.

RC
Anglican
Baptist
Prespeterian
Methodist

those are fine.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The right church is not the United Church.

I think the church should be torn down for being to Liberal.

RC
Anglican
Baptist
Prespeterian
Methodist

those are fine.

So RC is ok even though the only reason for confession is to find out gossip and the only reason for the birth control rule is to produce more mindwarped members for the church?

I would much prefer the United Church. They don't spend all their time meddling and complaining about other religions to make themselves feel better like some people I won't mention...

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Liberalism is evil, and having a church be liberal will destroy the foundation of christianity.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
As a RC, i don't agree with alot of what they believe and the different practices they follow. Confession is one i don't believe in at all. It says clearly, in the bible, that the only way to the father is through me (aka Jesus). So why do i need to go to a priest and tell him my sins, and then ask him for his forgiveness. I will just go straight to the lord with my sins and ask for a clensing.
Once i'm out of my house (i live with my parents) i will start attending a babtist church and begin following their faith, as i believe in everything they do and how they do it. It helps alot when one does his research to find out where he belongs, and God wants us to do that :).
So from the list, i'm believe in Baptists, and one day will be one, which will be soon.

As for the United Church, i wouldn't say anything bad against them, or judge them. Thats not my place to be. God will judge those people accordingly. I will do what he taught me, and love everyman as i love the lord :).

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
What the heII are you talking about? Do you have any idea how the Protestant branch of religion, a branch that includes both the United Church and your favourite evangelicals, formed? It formed as a left-wing breakoff from the shackling ideas of Christianity as imposed by the RC Church.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
I hate to break the news to you westmanguy, but everyone interprets the bible their own way and worships how they deem fit. Some take the bible literally, some pick and choose from it and others see it as a wonderful piece of mythology.
I consider myself a middle-left liberal...and guess what??! I'm not evil!!!:smile:
It may come a shock, but not all liberals are evil (same as I believe not all conservatives are soul-less bastards!!!) See, we all win!

I've known a Baptist preacher who committed crimes against children. I've also known a lesbian woman who champions for the rights of children and their safety. That black-and-white world that looks so simple...doesn't exist.

Reactions: lysyfacet

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
I hate to break the news to you westmanguy, but everyone interprets the bible their own way and worships how they deem fit. Some take the bible literally, some pick and choose from it and others see it as a wonderful piece of mythology.

amen to that, very nicely put Josephine :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

That church is just a feel good church where immoral a-holes attend every week to feel good, and then backstab each other the rest of the week.

Its like confession in the Roman Corrupt Church, where you sin all ya want, and as long as you speak to some priest its fine (FYI confessional came from the Catholics wanting to know the news of the village, also the real reason for no birth control is to make catholics pump out more mindwarped babies to become Catholics)

Wouldn't your time be better spent, criticizing DRUG LORDS, MURDERERS, RAPISTS,
PEDOFHILES(spell?)TERRORISTS, WAR MONGERS, VIOLENT DICTATORS, DRUNK DRIVERS, INVIRONMENTAL TERRORISTS, THIEVES, but you pick on regular people
just because they don't have the religious belief you have, give your head a shake.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
because these are the people that decide what liberal methods to use on drug lords, etc.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
because these are the people that decide what liberal methods to use on drug lords, etc.
Nice try, but this has nothing to do with your outrage at the treament of criminals. This has to do with you puffing up your chest and spouting your mouth off. Yet, you still have not acknowledged the fact that:
YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHERS PICKING AND CHOOSING FROM THE BIBLE WHAT THEY WANT TO FOLLOW, AND YET YOU, IN ALL YOUR HYPOCRISY, DO EXACTLY THAT.
CHECK OUT YOUR OWN WORDS AND ACTIONS BEFORE CONDEMNING OTHERS.

snfu73

disturber of the peace

OH boy....he's fiesty tonight.

I dunno...I was baptized in the United Church...the priest that oversaw my grandmothers funeral at the United Church was gay, and did a fantastic job. He was a great guy.

I dunno...who cares...I don't care....it's not like I go to the church, but the united church seems to be the one my family is most in line with, and that suits me...because, well, of any church, it seems to suit me the most, if I were to be a church going man.