CHINESE SPY BALLOON! RUN AND HIDE!

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost.

He reduces his height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts: “Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?”

The man below says: “Yes, you’re in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 metres above this field”.

“You must be an engineer,” says the balloonist.

“I am,” replies the man. “How did you know.”

“Well,” says the balloonist, “everything you have told me is technically correct, but it’s no use to anyone.”

The man below says: “You must be in management”.

“I am,” replies the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” says the man, “you don’t know where you are, or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost.

He reduces his height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts: “Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?”

The man below says: “Yes, you’re in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 metres above this field”.

“You must be an engineer,” says the balloonist.

“I am,” replies the man. “How did you know.”

“Well,” says the balloonist, “everything you have told me is technically correct, but it’s no use to anyone.”

The man below says: “You must be in management”.

“I am,” replies the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” says the man, “you don’t know where you are, or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault.”
Alternate ending to that joke: "You asked me a question, I answered the question you asked, and now you're pissed off at me because you asked the wrong question."

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Now there’s another “suspected” Chinese Spy/Weather/Whatever Balloon….
You know what this is don't you? They're secretly planning on selling Chinese takeout food and they're testing their delivery methods. They're trying to figure out how to get people's wonton soup to the ground without making a hell of a mess

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Right about now, I figure there's a couple of dozen Chinese officials working 24-hour days to spin this as a triumph for Xi.

If they succeed, promotion, money, power, all that good stuff.

If they fail, there's worse things than hoeing beans on a collective farm in northwest China for the rest of your life. But not many.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Blinken Delays China Trip After Spy Balloon Discovery | China In Focus​

China in focus

Eyes in the skies? The #Pentagon is currently tracking a suspected Chinese #SpyBalloon flying over the United States. It’s been lingering over a military base, raising all sorts of security alarms. Gliding in at around the same size as three buses end-to-end, the balloon is visible from earth.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
WHo has some competition grade shooting equipment? Looking like it could become a contest. From the ground only though.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
WHo has some competition grade shooting equipment? Looking like it could become a contest. From the ground only though.
Police in North Carolina are asking locals not to take "pot shots" at a Chinese spy balloon floating tens of thousands of feet above.

Gastonia police posted a notice on Facebook urging the public not to fire their guns into the air in hopes of bringing down the balloon, which was expected to pass over North Carolina on Saturday, and they also asked residents not to report sightings to them, reported Newsweek.

"If the now infamous Chinese 'weather balloon' makes its way over Gastonia, please don't call the police to report it," police said in the post. "We don't have the capability to respond to an altitude of 60k feet to check it out. We are pretty sure the Feds would want us to stay out of it."

"And finally, please don't take pot shots at it with your handguns in an attempt to bring it down on your own," the post added.

Even if a shooter managed to hit the balloon with a gunshot from more than 60,000 feet away, experts say it's unlikely to be brought down by gunfire.

A 2009 research paper by U.S. Air Force Major Kevin Massie found such objects don't immediately descend when hit by bullets, citing a 100-meter weather balloon that remained aloft for six days in 1998 after being shot by 1,000 rounds from Canadian F-18 fighter jets.