Hockey Canada - scandal

justfred

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2004
Drumheller
With the hockey Canada scandal being looked at, I think that hockey association’s should be looking at what the executive from Hockey Canada we’re paying themselves. Let’s hope that they were not paying themselves a million or two, each.

justfred

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2004
Drumheller
Here is a question that may be hard to get perfect. What should they do to the 8 hockey players, now after they paid the ransom to the ladies. There is an appearance of non-disclosure agreement in place as no hockey players have been named. Hockey Canada can argue that the church’s, governments etc., do not disclose the names of guilty, so we can too. This then leads to hockey players, in this case to be not responsible for their actions, along with the executive of Hockey Canada. The hockey players know that they will never be held accountable, so do what you want.

justfred

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2004
Drumheller
Also, with the delay in the Executive finally resigning, I think that government officials should step in and ensure that these executives did not bleed hockey Canada of a bunch of money, knowing they think that they are entitled to severance pay.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here is a question that may be hard to get perfect. What should they do to the 8 hockey players, now after they paid the ransom to the ladies. There is an appearance of non-disclosure agreement in place as no hockey players have been named. Hockey Canada can argue that the church’s, governments etc., do not disclose the names of guilty, so we can too. This then leads to hockey players, in this case to be not responsible for their actions, along with the executive of Hockey Canada. The hockey players know that they will never be held accountable, so do what you want.
How old are/where these hockey players at the time? I’m not condoneing this shit show whatsoever…. but they may have been considered “minors” legally at the time….which opens a different kettle of fish.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How old are/where these hockey players at the time? I’m not condoneing this shit show whatsoever…. but they may have been considered “minors” legally at the time….which opens a different kettle of fish.
Correct. There's also the fact that there are laws saying what the government must and must not make public. If all this was resolved on a civil basis, there is no need (and for that matter it may be forbidden) to release any more info.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Also, with the delay in the Executive finally resigning, I think that government officials should step in and ensure that these executives did not bleed hockey Canada of a bunch of money, knowing they think that they are entitled to severance pay.
lets hope they do an audit. 💡

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Correct. There's also the fact that there are laws saying what the government must and must not make public. If all this was resolved on a civil basis, there is no need (and for that matter it may be forbidden) to release any more info.
In May 2022, it was reported that Hockey Canada—the governing body for the sport of ice hockey in Canada—had paid a settlement to a woman who alleged that she was the victim of a sexual assault perpetrated in 2018 by members of Canada's men's national junior team.
Canada. Junior hockey in Canada is broken into several tiers, and players aged 16–20 at the beginning of the season are eligible. Hockey Canada has enacted rules designed to limit the number of 16-year-olds allowed to play junior hockey, preferring most remain at the minor level.

Some of these kids can’t be named who were involved in this sexual assault, and the others are 18 years or older and Aren’t legally children….

So, I’m assuming that for those hockey players involved who were under 18 years of age their names cannot legally be publicly announced….& for 18 years of age or older their names are not being announced due to a non-disclosure agreement like Trudeau has with one of his former students.