Majority of Canadians have now caught COVID — so what does that mean for the future?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Into what?
THe "stupid hole" you've managed to dig for yourself over this. :) Dig as deep as you like :)
Have you had all 5 shots and lining up for the sixth?
No, got the first two and the booster - but that's it. I'm in a bit of a risk group so that was worth it but with omicron being the surviving variant there just doesn't seem to be much point.

Like i said - big benefits for alpha and delta, which were serious health risks, less so for omicron which is also less of a health risk.

I'm glad we were able to wipe out the first two. Obviously the vaccine played a big role with that. But i just don't see the benefits with omicron.

See, that's what intelligent adults do - they look at the actual research, assess their risk based on personal circumstances, and make decisions. If you've decided that in your circumstances it's not worth it to get the vaccine, fine. I respect that. It's your choice. But lets not try to justify it with lies or false statements like "the vaccine never ever did anything to prevent any transmissions at all ever!". It's just not true, and it makes you look silly.

It makes you look even sillier if you then post proof it did. Just sayin'.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What body of Science? Whip it out. CDC makes no claims of vaxxes halting infection or transmission. The only claims made are a reduction in severity. Is there something hidden?
You click the link I posted a bunch that are 100 percent legtitmate studies and you've posted one that agrees with me.

This is over - when you posted one that shows you are wrong you pretty much lost any right to have me follow any others.

You were wrong. It absolutely does reduce transmission. I posted links proving it. You posted links proving it. Unless you're calling yourself a liar we're pretty much done and if you ARE calling yourself a liar why would i bother to read links a liar posts?

Either way - guess you're the one who's "fucked" when you posted proof of my statements :) Sorry sparky next time do your reasearch early. In case you're not noticing a theme here, you keep insisting you're right while getting shot down - do your research BEFORE you insist you're right. Afterwards leads to situations like this where you accidentally post proof that I"M right. in rebuttal to proof I provided that i'm right. THat just makes you look bad.
Who won ?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Who won ?
Generally the guy who posts links that proves he's wrong "loses" :)

there's no arguing that there's lots of scientific research which shows the vaccines worked well to stop transmission on alpha, less but still decent on delta, not so much on omicron. It really isn't a debate. He was just being stubborn.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

there's no arguing that there's lots of scientific research which shows the vaccines worked well to stop transmission on alpha, less but still decent on delta, not so much on omicron. It really isn't a debate. He was just being stubborn.
There is also a lot of real science that shows the vaccine caused a lot of harm. And that the people pushing Covid vaccines are largely not medical experts of any kind. But they know how to move taxpayers money into select bank accounts.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

They are not even vaccines in the true definition of the word . So you are starting your argument on a fallacy.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
They are not even vaccines in the true definition of the word . So you are starting your argument on a fallacy.
No, that would only be true if we were debating whether or not they were "vaccines". The accuracy of the name wasn't really up for debate. When we refer to the 'covid vaccines' everyone knows what we're talking about, so it wasn't really necessary to have that discussion.

Modern ginger ale has no actual ginger in it anymore. So it's not a ginger ale. But if i'm talking with you about which is better, ginger ale or coke, you'd know exactly what i was referring to even tho technically it's not correctly named.

the discussion was regarding the efficacy of it. So no fallacy involved at all. Also that's not what a fallacy is. And the evidence is clear that it was effective for alpha, less so in transmission prevention in delta, really not at all for omicron. Studies vary slightly over precise numbers but they all agree on those facts.

• Haha

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No, that would only be true if we were debating whether or not they were "vaccines". The accuracy of the name wasn't really up for debate. When we refer to the 'covid vaccines' everyone knows what we're talking about, so it wasn't really necessary to have that discussion.

Modern ginger ale has no actual ginger in it anymore. So it's not a ginger ale. But if i'm talking with you about which is better, ginger ale or coke, you'd know exactly what i was referring to even tho technically it's not correctly named.

the discussion was regarding the efficacy of it. So no fallacy involved at all. Also that's not what a fallacy is. And the evidence is clear that it was effective for alpha, less so in transmission prevention in delta, really not at all for omicron. Studies vary slightly over precise numbers but they all agree on those facts.
Yes it is true that the vaccinations as they are mislabeled today provide no protections against Covid and the side effects are proving deadly among certain subsets .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes it is true that the vaccinations as they are mislabeled today provide no protections against Covid and the side effects are proving deadly among certain subsets .
There was a study in the US that shows no reduction in viral shedding from vaxxed to unvaxxed.

The vaxxed roaming freely are spreading the virus far and wide.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yes it is true that the vaccinations as they are mislabeled today provide no protections against Covid and the side effects are proving deadly among certain subsets
It's certainly true that they provide no protection against transmission for omicron. That's an accurate statement. The research strongly shows they provide some benefit reducing the severity of the infection but here we kind of have to discuss 'benefit' , Yes, a person freshly "vaxxed" will have lower risk of serious illness from omicron. But - for the vast majority omicron is already a low risk non serious illness. So if your argument is that there's no benefit to going from "next to no risk of serious injury" to "slightly less than next to no risk", that's a reasonable argument for all but those at the highest risk.

Further the evidence is that with omicron any benefit, natural or 'induced', is very short lived. So unless you're willing to get a refresher every few months there's no point.

A very high risk individual might still choose to go that route but i think most won't.

I've heard the claim of it being 'deadly' to some people, and i'm aware of the initial blood clotting works and the problems with the british vaccine, but i haven't done any real digging into the current products still in use causing any unusal number of fatalities. So i really can't comment on that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They didnt for other strains either.

• The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html
What is "fully vaccinated"? This is from a year ago and 3 boosters later.

Last edited:

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Nice dodge. And the facts say you are wrong.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Nice dodge. And the facts say you are wrong.
Sorry, that's not a dodge. That's just logic. It's not relevant to the argument so it can't be a fallacy. Pretty straight forward.

And we both know the second party there is just wrong. I've posted the facts several times.